Just for Today ..... Daily Commitment Thread- Start of a new year!

Options

Replies

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,097 Member
    Options
    Goals for Sunday

- Clean the car!!! - no, did a further quick clean but nothing intensive
    - Eat healthy today - not quiiite
    - Drink more water - nope
    - 30 mins exercise! - nope!!!
    - Complete day 1 of my journal! - this I did!

Think it was just one of those days

Goals for Mon
    - Read success stories to keep me on the right path!
    - Be reasonable with my calories, no snacking!!!
    - 30 mins exercise (do it!! It's not hard!!)
    - Drink water when I want to snack!
    - Journal

March Goals
    Current Weight: 12st 6lb
    Target Weight: 10st 7lb
    Lbs to lose this month: 4

Motto for March
    Strive for progress, not perfection.

• cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,514 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Yesterday Sun. 3/19/17
    1) Eat fewer calories today than yesterday! Well, yes, but still went over my limit, just not by as much. The fact that I logged over a weekend, even with the fast food, pizza/ice cream and restaurant, is a minor victory. :wink:
    2) Hunt for that darn tape measure. Where oh where can it be? Unable to locate, suspended search, bought new one. Did first measurements since initially when I joined MFP in Nov. 2015. Even though I have been doing this deliberately really slow and steady, I saw some improvement. Official measurement date will be Sat. 3/25 first thing when I get up. :smile:
    3) Walk dog in afternoon. Yes! Friday's snow already melted, 46F, light breeze and sun peaking out some. We walked our 3.56 mile route in 1:04. Good b/c that 10K is coming up fast! :smiley:
    4) Need to restart the flossing goal again - boy, it's easy for me to skip this! Yes - Day 1! :smiley:
    5) Bedtime by 10:30 - don't start the workweek sleep deprived. Yes 10:15 :smile:

Just for today M 3/20/17
    1) Stick with food that I have already pre-logged for today!
    2) Meditate in afternoon
    3) Walk dog after work - first day of spring should be gorgeous!
    4) Put papers in recycle bin for hubby to put out after his shift
    5) Review vegetarian cookbook borrowed from Jennifer / plan meals
    6) Floss
    7) Bedtime by 10:30 w/o TV
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,351 Member
    Options
    @joan6630 I didn't realize the Simple Abundance books had been out that long. I stumbled upon it by reading someone's blog on the internet and ordered it. I love the daily inspiration it gives me to remember what's really important. I'm still in the month of February, but I do find that it calms me to focus on being grateful for the small things.

@cschmitz110515 What a small world! I have only been to The Attic once but loved it! I have gotten tea from them at the Farmer's Market on Saturday mornings in the summer. Going there is going to be a treat I give myself from time to time I decided. Loved the atmosphere.
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    Sunday
    1. remember to carry that water bottle with me all the time. It is not hunger --- it is thirst! :/
    2. log all food :/
    3. already went to the gym, but lay out clothes for tomorrow morning :) Well - went for 30 minutes was all I could do. But I did get out for a walk in the afternoon
    4. Dig out my simple abundance book, and read it tonite :/
    5. no more binging on sugar. Get that sugar out of my system! :/ Totally wasted 3 days - too much sugar, too much junk

Monday
    1. log all food
    2. carry that water bottle with me
    3. no sugar. Get this crap out of my system, and stop the cravings
    4. get out for a long walk
    5. clean the garage
    6. sew
    7. get out simple abundance book and start reading it
  • PackerFanInGB
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Just for Saturday
    1. Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate! :D The infusion water bottle helps me a lot! I used a few slices of a tangerine in it and I drank 4 very large bottles yesterday so that was a huge win for me!
    2. Eat 1 lb of fresh veggies today :/ Yeah, not so much... I struggle with getting veggies in. Don't like them much.
    3. Just enjoy the day. Maybe go bumming at some thrift stores up north. Visit a book store. Get a cup of fresh brewed tea from "The Attic" downtown. :) Had a GREAT day. Went to the Woodworkers Guild show at a high school here in town and was fascinated by all the talent! Bought a beautiful inlaid wooden jewelry box and a few other things. So much talent in one place. We were there for hours! Really nice day.
    4. Stay in a place of peace today. No drama. :) No drama whatsoever.
    5. Activity of some sort. 30 minutes. 10,000 steps today. ;) Nope. But I was on my feet all day at the Woodworkers show, so it's better than sitting on my butt on the couch!

@Bex953172 You actually DID journal! How did you find it? It used to feel weird to me when I started but then I found it felt good to write whatever I was feeling on paper and get it out of my head. I know it's not for everyone, but I find it a soothing way to end my day.

I'm home today from work. Not feeling great. I can't tell if I'm feeling crappy because mentally I'm overwhelmed at work, or if I'm overwhelmed at work because i'm not feeling well. Either way, I took today off to rest. So I am keeping today's goals simple.

Just for Monday
    1. Water intake. Lots. Infuse with cucumber and mint today.
    2. Meal plan for week and run to store to pick up a few healthy options.
    3. No sugar - detox my body from sugar. Fell off wagon, need to climb back on. (thanks for the reminder @joan6630 !)
    4. Clean up piles of mail in our office space.
    5. Enter every bite i eat. I really slacked off on this over the weekend.
    6. Hoping to set up my sewing nook today, either in the basement or in my office. I really want to start quilting again.
    7. Read out of Simple Abundance book and write in my gratitude journal.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
  • shenna333
    shenna333 Posts: 100 Member
    Options

Just for today: Saturday

Enjoy my day!!!- :)
    Buy something pretty for my daughter and myself-not so pretty but :)
    Drink my water- :(

Well it's Monday now....I am on Spring break. No plans...just going to enjoy my time not being pulled in a million directions ;) Calories will be loose, but not free. Laundry going, dishwasher running, I have accomplished something today lol. Finally found the crock pots. Back of the kids’ car. :s have yet to see them though....

Just for today: Monday
    Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!
    Figure out some meals, exercise, and projects for the week
    Quality time with grand babies

Open you all have a great week!!!!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    @joan6630 I didn't realize the Simple Abundance books had been out that long. I stumbled upon it by reading someone's blog on the internet and ordered it. I love the daily inspiration it gives me to remember what's really important. I'm still in the month of February, but I do find that it calms me to focus on being grateful for the small things.

I actually have 2 of her books - A daybook of Comfort and Joy (copyrighted in 1995), and Excavating Your Authentic Self (copyrighted 1998!!). These were some of the few books I saved because they were so good. So I'm going to try and get them out and start reading them daily! Thanks for the suggestion!
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    @joan6630 A Daybook of Comfort and Joy is the one I am reading. I love it so far. Glad to hear you liked them enough to keep them. Helps me feel that I might be on the right track. ;) Have a great day!
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options

Sunday:
    1. Track all food :)
    2. At least 5 freggies :)
    3. 30-day ab challenge: 75 situps, 100 crunches, 42 leg raises, 65 second plank :neutral:
    4. an hour of gardening :smiley: 2 hour
    5. swim a mile :(
    6. 10+ cups water :)

Monday:

1. Track all food
    2. Plan and pre-track exercise for the week
    3. At least 5 freggies
    4. 30-day ab challenge: 80 situps, 110 crunches, 48 leg raises, 70 second plank
    5. an hour of intense Zumba
    6. salsa and bachata--at least two hours
    7. 10+ cups water
  • Bex953172
    edited March 2017
    Options
    @Bex953172 You actually DID journal! How did you find it? It used to feel weird to me when I started but then I found it felt good to write whatever I was feeling on paper and get it out of my head. I know it's not for everyone, but I find it a soothing way to end my day.

Yeah it was good!!
    I got an app to do it though!
    Called Grid Diary
    I think I've got about 8 headings to journal
    - 3 things I'm grateful for
    - how was my mental state today
    - What did I do with my family
    - Did I express my love to my family
    - What memorable thing did my children do/say today
    - what is my mistake of today
    - 3 things that need to be done tomorrow
    - My one act of random kindness today

I quite like it tbh! Whether I'm doing it right I don't know but I'm glad I'm starting with something!
    Any tips? Is that how you do it or do you paragraph it more?
    I like how I can remember nice things like what my kids have done or said that's made me smile because I normally forget them things lol

Like yesterday my eldest sang a song about how we're all her best friends and she loves us all haha she's only 3!!
  • wikkidwanda
    wikkidwanda Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Can I join today? I know, it started in January, but I'm struggling just to do ONE DAY... I've gained back all cept 7 of the 40 lbs I lost in the past 2 years... I'm so mad at myself.... Ugh.

Just today my goals are
    To track everything I eat
    AND
    drink a full bottle of water.
    Go for a 30 minute walk, rain or shine.

Just today... I can do ANYTHING for a day right?
  • mytime6630
    Options
    Can I join today? I know, it started in January, but I'm struggling just to do ONE DAY... I've gained back all cept 7 of the 40 lbs I lost in the past 2 years... I'm so mad at myself.... Ugh.

Just today my goals are
    To track everything I eat
    AND
    drink a full bottle of water.
    Go for a 30 minute walk, rain or shine.

Just today... I can do ANYTHING for a day right?

Yes, love to have you join us! And you are right .... we can all do anything for just one day! And hopefully that one day leads to more days... until it becomes new habits! You've done it once --- you can do it again!
  • misw1kat
    misw1kat Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Can I join, I'm at "day 13" today and boy staying on track is a struggle. I keep moving my goal posts :/
    My goal for today:
    1: stick to my food plan for today which I have already logged.
    Thank you
  • LiveLaughLove1969
    LiveLaughLove1969 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Ok, new to reading this and would love to join in. Been trying to catch on, lol. Question: do you guys do a new "reply" each day or keep adding to the one you started. Haven't really caught on to the "quote" thing and is that where it will continue what you previously put on. I feel like my daily goals will be close to being the same each day. Anyways please help me, lol

3/14
    Workout tomorrow
    Eat better and healthier
    No sweets
    No McDonalds Mocha Frappe
    Drink more water

3/15
    Not a good day at all, bad news from dr (labs not so good)
    So...for tomorrow:
    Keep chin up
    Keep faith
    More more and more Water
    Try to workout
    Log food

3/16
    Better day, started the process that the dr wants me to do that I can get my life back in order
    So.. Chin is up, keeping the faith, def drank more today..workout, well didn't happen

3/17
    Walked outside today around the workplace one and a half times
    Ate salad for lunch
    Drank water
    Kept the faith and my chin up :)

Tomorrow:
    Work out (got some new workout clothing)
    Drink, drink, drink
    No sweets
    Buy good food for next week
    Ok I apparently have missed a few days. Busy weekend. So moving on
    Tomorrow:
    No mocha frappe
    Drink more water
    No M&Ms
    Chin up and keep faith
  • LiveLaughLove1969
    LiveLaughLove1969 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Ok, new to reading this and would love to join in. Been trying to catch on, lol. Question: do you guys do a new "reply" each day or keep adding to the one you started. Haven't really caught on to the "quote" thing and is that where it will continue what you previously put on. I feel like my daily goals will be close to being the same each day. Anyways please help me, lol

3/14
    Workout tomorrow
    Eat better and healthier
    No sweets
    No McDonalds Mocha Frappe
    Drink more water

3/15
    Not a good day at all, bad news from dr (labs not so good)
    So...for tomorrow:
    Keep chin up
    Keep faith
    More more and more Water
    Try to workout
    Log food

3/16
    Better day, started the process that the dr wants me to do that I can get my life back in order
    So.. Chin is up, keeping the faith, def drank more today..workout, well didn't happen

3/17
    Walked outside today around the workplace one and a half times
    Ate salad for lunch
    Drank water
    Kept the faith and my chin up :)

Tomorrow:
    Work out (got some new workout clothing)
    Drink, drink, drink
    No sweets
    Buy good food for next week
    3/20
    Ok I apparently have missed a few days. Busy weekend. So moving on
    Tomorrow:
    No mocha frappe
    Drink more water
    No M&Ms
    Chin up and keep faith
  • bri150lbs
    bri150lbs Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    bri150lbs wrote: »

J4T Sunday
    1. Pre-log my meals (5k race=slice of cake! :smiley: )
    2 My 1st 5k race since the beginning of October. I will have to mostly walk, but that's ok! :wink:
    3. Pick up a gift for the birthday girl and a little something for my youngest daughter who has been struggling so much lately.
    4. Cook and clean. :smile:
    5. Party time!

J4T Tuesday
    1. Take breakfast lunch and snack with me to work
    2. Stay under 1200 calories.
  • Bex953172
    Options
    Goals for Mon
    - Read success stories to keep me on the right path! - forgot to do this!
    - Be reasonable with my calories, no snacking!!! - okay so I did well up until after tea, stress got the better of me and I ate so much chocolate :grimace:
    - 30 mins exercise (do it!! It's not hard!!) - nope
    - Drink water when I want to snack! I did until the evening!
    - Journal - yep :)

One crazy day yesterday, everyone was being weird, toddler was being a pain in the butt! Baby was crying most the day. Even the dog was being weird! Whining most the day! Got so stressed by tea time, things just went so wrong!

Goals for Tues
    - Don't eat when stressed, make a cup of tea and go get 5 mins peace from everything
    - Stay close to allowance
    - Exercise today!!!
    - Carpet clean
    - Don't forget to drink (water not wine :sweat_smile:)
    - Journal :)

March Goals
    Current Weight: 12st 6lb
    Target Weight: 10st 7lb
    Lbs to lose this month: 4

Motto for March
    Strive for progress, not perfection.
  • JenSchimanski
    JenSchimanski Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    This week is my New Year on MFP and I need help with motivation. One day at a time so today 22/03 I will stick to 1200 calories, walk my 6km daily walk (have not done this in 2-3 weeks) Water intake All or nothing attitude I need a big injection of ALL.
  • Bex953172
    Options
    This week is my New Year on MFP and I need help with motivation. One day at a time so today 22/03 I will stick to 1200 calories, walk my 6km daily walk (have not done this in 2-3 weeks) Water intake All or nothing attitude I need a big injection of ALL.

You can do it!!
    I'll tell you off if you don't! :wink:
    My motto is strive for progress, not perfection.
    So even if you do t quite achieve it all, it's still better than what you did yesterday!
    And then tomorrow you can improve!
  • JenSchimanski
    JenSchimanski Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    @Bex953172. Thanks for the kick in the pants. I hope you cleaned the carpet? Have a happy and successful MFP Tuesday