• bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I must admit, i don't know what whiting is....is that like egg whites? lol

it's fish
  • RoseBlanc
    RoseBlanc Posts: 140
    Options
    However, I will say that yesterday I went to a meeting with a vendor and we went to Paradise Bakery. She ordered her food. I then ordered my food and she asked if she could change her order and be healthier like me! And ya know what? I think she actually did pretty well!!!

And...at least my husband has been inspired by my fitness goals. We're now on here together!

I would just like to say that it's really, really encouraging that you found a way to be healthier while eating out from Paradise bakery. :] I'm not going to be scared to stop there on my 'cheat' day (when I go to the mall once a month to pay bills) from now on! Yay something to look forward to!
  • arkenny
    arkenny Posts: 125
    Options
    cucumbers with vinegar... spinach .... or raw peas
  • mericksmom
    mericksmom Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Raw sugar snap peas. I love them people think it's weird. (I eat them cooked too!)

These are the BEST thing ever, especially when it is early morning pulled off the vines....YUMMM
  • mericksmom
    mericksmom Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    cucumbers with vinegar... spinach .... or raw peas

LOVE Cucumbers with redwine vinegar, grated garlic, oregano and pepper
  • ncwingnut71
    ncwingnut71 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Apples and flavored peanut butter. I have 3 flavors that I love with my apples......Cinnamon Raisin, Bees Knees and Dark Chocolate Dream.....the peanut butters are by Peanut Butter and Co.
  • mjtbb
    mjtbb Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I like raw green pepper slices as a snack. My coworkers thought I was weird. They don't think it is gross, just find it funny. I did this way before MFP so I guess for a fat unhealthy eater it seem out of norm.
    I have quite a few healthy eaters at work so no one really comments on other people foods except to ask about recipes, suggestions or plain curiosity about the item. Many an item has been brought to the "common food area" to share no matter what it is, there is always someone else who likes it or at least tries it.
  • SmartFunGorgeous
    SmartFunGorgeous Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    peanut butter and apples :)

LOVE!
  • SmartFunGorgeous
    Options
    Raw tomatoes with salt... Love tomatoes, but many people ask- by themselves? Heck yeah!
  • AnathemaRose
    Options
    I get that reaction from a lot of people when I grab a bowl of tomatos and a little (And I mean a little) Italian Dressing .w.;
  • babyblake11
    babyblake11 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    They were having a free bbq lunch at my tafe the other day and everyone kept asking me 'arnt you going to have any?' and staring because i was eating a turkey and salad sandwhich and a yogurt. i hate how people think its weird to eat good! eating crapp has gotten way to 'normal'!
  • babyblake11
    babyblake11 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    i also hate it that people assume im on a starvation diet when i choose to eat healthy foods and refuse the crap i get offered.
  • tushiness
    tushiness Posts: 29
    Options
    I mix and eat anything with everything! Right now I'm eating an apple, cottage cheese and sugar free maple syrup! haha
  • Anakelly81
    Options
    I love raw broccoli!!! Crunch crunch crunch
  • TNGirlyGirl
    TNGirlyGirl Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Raw tomatoes with salt... Love tomatoes, but many people ask- by themselves? Heck yeah!

Love this!! I grew a tomato garden this year just so I could snack at will :laugh:
  • tiffwhit16
    tiffwhit16 Posts: 76
    Options
    Water with lemon!! I teach Cosmetology to high school students. Everyday I have a cup with ice water and lemon slices in it. My students are always so amazed with what I'm drinking. I've had several of them come up to me and say,"Mrs. Whitaker, what is that? Your drinks always look so good!" When I tell them it's just water and lemon that look at me kind of weird! I think it's funny.
  • mihalyov
    mihalyov Posts: 3
    Options
    Garbanzo bean chocolate brownies! They don't say anything when I eat them, its when they see me baking them and see the can of beans on the counter! LOL I love to make these for company and then watch their faces. (Evil, I know.) LOL
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I have to say I've never been more surprised by a thread of posts before. Raw sugar snap peas, apples with peanut butter, raw tomatoes with salt, water with lemon (really?? doesn't everyone drink that in restaurants?). These are things everyone I know eats. I mean it's things that kids grow up on where I live. So odd to see these listed as as "weird".
  • Chubby_bunnyy
    Chubby_bunnyy Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Lol your coworkers are the weird ones. I love egg whites. I get that reaction from giant bags of plain romaine in a bag, or raw stalks of broccoli/cauliflower I devour for lunch or a snack
  • SmartFunGorgeous
    Options
    I have to say I've never been more surprised by a thread of posts before. Raw sugar snap peas, apples with peanut butter, raw tomatoes with salt, water with lemon (really?? doesn't everyone drink that in restaurants?). These are things everyone I know eats. I mean it's things that kids grow up on where I live. So odd to see these listed as as "weird".

I don't really see them as weird either, but it always surprises me. A lot of people find peanut butter on pancakes weird, and I was 25 before I realized this wasn't the only way to eat them! But I do think I'm going to go eat a tomato now...