Who wants to be a hot mom-Group 9 (closed group)

Options
Hey group 9! I wanted to touch base with you and see how everybody planned to stick to the plan? Anything useful that could help us reach our goal would be great! I know we are starting out pretty low but it is still the same importance as starting off high. So, don't slack off! It will be difficult to lose weight once we get lower in pounds so please don't get discouraged. Please post your IW or any weight that is missing in the chart on this post so I can put it on the chart and repost! Let's have fun moms!

Replies

• dc_amaryllis
    dc_amaryllis Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm so excited about this support group that Chari started. :)

I'm 37 years old and 5'2". I'm mom to a wonderful 21 month old boy. He's my world.

My goal is to lose 15 lbs by sticking to a 1200 calorie diet and daily exercise. My exercise of choice is walking, but I know I'll need to add strength training to my routine to see better results.

I'm going on vacation with my girlfriends on Thursday. While I hope to continue eating healthy, I'm not certain I will be able to resist everything. I will commit 100% to my diet and fitness plan when I return.

I'm looking forward to getting to know you ladies. Please feel free to add me as a friend.
  • chari2011
    chari2011 Posts: 108
    Options
    Great Start!
    Please Moms, we need to have charts in every Thread to see the initial stats. Below is the captain's Kit, to make this job easier.
    Good Luck to all of us!

77gwG.png
    Captain's Kit
    +++++++++
    Please recruit the Moms in your list by mail. and once having your list done, start a new thread for your group.
    I will send you the Template Files so it can be easier for you. If there is more than one name highlighted, great! you got more help ;) one can do the tables and the other can upload motivational pictures for the group. Emoticons are nice too ;)

I will give you the Word documents and links so you can download them and work from them. I hope is fine.

FILES TO DOWNLOAD:

Sample of my group List : So you can make your own list based on this template
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/x4h1a1

The Whole Team, arranged by similar weight per group.
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/m447fz

IMAGES TO PASTE:

And the images, site to store your images and get the codes: make your account at
    http://imgur.com//

You can see the images I upload in my account of imgur
    http://chari.imgur.com/all/

Upload motivational pictures so you can support your team and please teach them all how to do it.
    Just copy the IMG code for forums and replace the IMG capitals by img lower case , and paste it in your posts.

For the personalized images, Tables of the group I just use Paint, a basic program in windows, just copy the table from word
    with CTRL + Print and paste it into Paint , then crop it and ready to upload to "imgur", and get your code to paste . it's easy. don't forget to change the IMG for img.

I also use Photoshop for personalized figures like the Logo of Hot Moms with the 2 kids.

Chari.

PS: Any question, send me an email
  • joimichele
    joimichele Posts: 382
    Options
    Okey dokey....will do as soon as I can.
  • joimichele
    Options
    Okey dokey....will do as soon as I can.
  • mjboswell
    mjboswell Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Ok so I'm also listed in group 10 and group 9 but group 9 has my SW correct, so I will post here. My name is Melissa I'm 35 and have 5 children, Tyler 17, Cody 11, Jordin 7, Breanna 6, and Britny 5. The most I gained in a pregnancy was 86 pounds, that was with my second. Before children I weighed 100lbs, I'm only 5'2. The closest I've ever gotten to that weight was after my second when I got back down to 115, that was really hard. I have to say that after the birth of the last 3 I was just exhausted all the time and made excuses for not getting in shape. However now is the time to change that. I plan on loosing the extra weight by keeping my calorie count in check and doing Insanity. I have been under my calorie goal but still need to clean it up some. Maybe when y'all have time you could look at my food diary and give me some suggestions. Any help is always appreciated. Good luck ladies, we can do this.

SW 127.8
    IW 119
    GW 110
  • rhow
    rhow Posts: 10
    Options
    Yay, Group 9!!

My IW is 120, and my GW is 115
  • Leigh_b
    Leigh_b Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Hi All,

I am 41 with 2 young girls (4 yrs and 18 months). I work full time and my husband travels quite a bit so I am often on my own. I gained 60lbs with baby #1 but only lost 45 before getting pregnant with the second. I gained another 60lbs with baby #2. I am (finally!) back down to what I weighed before baby #2. Now I am ready to lose that last 15lbs and get back to pre-baby#1 weight.

My biggest challenge is finding the time and energy to workout. As an "older" mom with little ones, I find the daily grind can be exhausting. With my husband gone so often I am constantly on the go from the moment I get out of bed until I crawl back into it at night. Between taking care of the kids, working, fixing meals, keeping the house clean, doing laundry, fixing meals, and doing the shopping/drycleaning, etc. the only time I really have to myself is either very late at night or really early in the morning. Morning is the best (an honestly the only) time for me to get my workouts in but I am NOT a morning person and if I do not have a decent amount of sleep I am completely useless when I am at work (I do a lot of data analysis and need to have my brain functioning properly in order to be accurate, efficient, and productive). If my kids are up in the night (which happens at least once a week) my whole morning is shot. While what they are up for (need water, need covering, bad dream, potty) only takes a few seconds to handle and they are back to sleep in moments, I often find that once I am up, I cannot get back to sleep and lay awake for 2-3 hours before falling back to sleep.... The next day, I either force myself out of bed to workout and then spend the rest of the day downing coffee and being essentially useless or I turn my alarm off and get an extra hour of sleep which allows me to at least mentally function for the day but leads me to feel infinitely guilty for having skipped my workout. (and I will admit, I choose the 2nd option far more often than the 1st)

I have been a healthy eater for well over 10 years now. I am a loyal subscriber to Cooking Light Magazine which has allowed me to continue to be a creative cook and adventurous eater while providing healthy, nutritious food for my family. I am proud to say that I have a 4 year old that prefers vegtables to chicken nuggets (seriously!).

As for actual workouts... I alternate between 30 Day Shred, running on the treadmill and the eliptical machine. I try to do 20 minutes of yoga in the evenings once my kids are in bed once or twice a week, but lately I haven't been doing that at all.

I am signed up to run a 5K on Aug 6th and then my husband and I are signing up to do a 1/2 marathon in October which I am a little worried about. I have never run 13 miles in my life, but decided to go for it. It's a goal and something to work toward.

Really glad to be part of this challenge. Good luck to us all!
  • swimmom2
    swimmom2 Posts: 19
    Options
    I am 128 lbs and my final goal is 120 for right now. I am hoping to do this by sticking to my calories and doing different workouts everyday to keep my body guessing, it is really getting harder to get rid of these last pounds, good luck to everyone else!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • mjboswell
    Options
    Good morning ladies! I sitting putting off my insanity workout, my calves are so sore. But I will finish my cup of coffee and get to it. I'll be back to let you know how it went. Good luck today.
  • mjboswell
    Options
    Ok ladies I just finished my Insanity workout, Cardio Recovery. Hah I'm not sure why it's called recovery, my legs were mush when I finished. I'm going to try to eat cleaner today, wish me luck.
  • joimichele
    Options
    Hey ladies! I am going to re post this with the charts. If info is missing please send it to my inbox or put it on the post.
  • joimichele
    Options
    Hi All,

I am 41 with 2 young girls (4 yrs and 18 months). I work full time and my husband travels quite a bit so I am often on my own. I gained 60lbs with baby #1 but only lost 45 before getting pregnant with the second. I gained another 60lbs with baby #2. I am (finally!) back down to what I weighed before baby #2. Now I am ready to lose that last 15lbs and get back to pre-baby#1 weight.

My biggest challenge is finding the time and energy to workout. As an "older" mom with little ones, I find the daily grind can be exhausting. With my husband gone so often I am constantly on the go from the moment I get out of bed until I crawl back into it at night. Between taking care of the kids, working, fixing meals, keeping the house clean, doing laundry, fixing meals, and doing the shopping/drycleaning, etc. the only time I really have to myself is either very late at night or really early in the morning. Morning is the best (an honestly the only) time for me to get my workouts in but I am NOT a morning person and if I do not have a decent amount of sleep I am completely useless when I am at work (I do a lot of data analysis and need to have my brain functioning properly in order to be accurate, efficient, and productive). If my kids are up in the night (which happens at least once a week) my whole morning is shot. While what they are up for (need water, need covering, bad dream, potty) only takes a few seconds to handle and they are back to sleep in moments, I often find that once I am up, I cannot get back to sleep and lay awake for 2-3 hours before falling back to sleep.... The next day, I either force myself out of bed to workout and then spend the rest of the day downing coffee and being essentially useless or I turn my alarm off and get an extra hour of sleep which allows me to at least mentally function for the day but leads me to feel infinitely guilty for having skipped my workout. (and I will admit, I choose the 2nd option far more often than the 1st)

I have been a healthy eater for well over 10 years now. I am a loyal subscriber to Cooking Light Magazine which has allowed me to continue to be a creative cook and adventurous eater while providing healthy, nutritious food for my family. I am proud to say that I have a 4 year old that prefers vegtables to chicken nuggets (seriously!).

As for actual workouts... I alternate between 30 Day Shred, running on the treadmill and the eliptical machine. I try to do 20 minutes of yoga in the evenings once my kids are in bed once or twice a week, but lately I haven't been doing that at all.

I am signed up to run a 5K on Aug 6th and then my husband and I are signing up to do a 1/2 marathon in October which I am a little worried about. I have never run 13 miles in my life, but decided to go for it. It's a goal and something to work toward.

Really glad to be part of this challenge. Good luck to us all!

When I am working, (I don't work during the summer) I try a few things that will help shed calories because by the time I get home I am pooped and I would rather sleep in the morning.

1.Try standing at your desk instead of sitting.
    2.March in place.
    3. Walk around after you eat lunch. (I started doing this at lunch and pretty soon there was a whole group of "lunch walkers".
    4. While on the phone lift a 2lb-5lb weight.
    5.Park in the farthest parking spot away from the door.

Hope this helps!
  • chari2011
    chari2011 Posts: 108
    Options
    Quote of the Day:

"Don't exchange what you want the most for what you want right now!"

1QXKf.png
  • Leigh_b
    Options
    When I am working, (I don't work during the summer) I try a few things that will help shed calories because by the time I get home I am pooped and I would rather sleep in the morning.

1.Try standing at your desk instead of sitting.
    2.March in place.
    3. Walk around after you eat lunch. (I started doing this at lunch and pretty soon there was a whole group of "lunch walkers".
    4. While on the phone lift a 2lb-5lb weight.
    5.Park in the farthest parking spot away from the door.

Hope this helps!
    [/quote]

I do try to get up and walk around as much as possilble. I tried sitting on an excercise ball for a while but it was too distracting... I like the idea of lifting a weight while on the phone... might have to give that a try.
  • jalysons
    jalysons Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    can I join. I have 2 year old twins, work full time., and have a husband who travels a lot. When my husband is not traveling I work out early before anyone else wakes up. When he gone it creates chaos and I am always looking for a window to get the workout in. I am 129 and would love to get between 115-119. I have been stuck here a long time. I know which food is healthy, but still grab a few goldfish here and then, same with cheese etc.

Someone also wrote they have bad insomnia and I have terrible insomnia. If one of my kids wakes up I am up for hours.
  • joimichele
    Options
    Good Morning Moms!!!! Let's all try to set one goal and stick with it today.

My Goal: Control my sugar intake and work up some sweat while I exercise.

Motivational Quote: Jim Rohn: "Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live." :flowerforyou:
  • mjboswell
    Options
    Good Morning Ladies!

My Goal: To complete my Insanity workout. I am notorious for skipping Friday and Saturday workouts.
  • joimichele
    Options
    Good Morning Ladies!

My Goal: To complete my Insanity workout. I am notorious for skipping Friday and Saturday workouts.

My insanity is in the mail! I will know your struggle soon enough lol. GOOD LUCK!
  • Leigh_b
    Options
    Today's goal: 30 Day Shred AND run 3 miles....

30 Day Shred is done... 3 miles this afternoon....
  • joimichele
    Options
    How did it go today ladies?