Ask and/or answer the opposite sex... Likes, dislikes, advice, gift ideas, hye, etc

Options

Replies

• merrysailor88
    merrysailor88 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    Question

Let me rephrase... Do you get jealous if your SO notices or gives attention to someone else?

No. I'm used to it
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    Question

Let me rephrase... Do you get jealous if your SO notices or gives attention to someone else?

Nope.
  • merrysailor88
    merrysailor88 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    My issue is that I KNOW he gets attention from other women. It's when it's thrown in my face that it becomes a real problem
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    Question
    Do you, would you, get jealous if your SO gets attention from others?

I would not be jealous about a SO getting attention, I kinda find it flattering.
    If it was more of a flirtation thing that would be fine too as long as he didn’t reciprocate it in a way that made me think it was for real.
    In fact, I have had this happen in front of me and I found it quite amusing.
    Question

No, noticing and giving attention are fine too. Same answer about flirtation, if I start to believe it, I'd be ticked off.
  • JstTheWayIam
    JstTheWayIam Posts: 6,357 Member
    Options
    Question

Is it easier for you to talk about your diet and exercise regimen with the same sex as opposed to the opposite sex?

My wife has a friend who has been trying to lose weight for a few years now with not much luck. I think I might be able to help her in some respects but she doesn't seem interested in discussing this around me so I don't bring it up, figured I'd just let her if she wants to...

I suspect she maybe uncomfortable discussing this with me and I totally get it...
  • Vikka_V
    Options
    Question

Is it easier for you to talk about your diet and exercise regimen with the same sex as opposed to the opposite sex?

My wife has a friend who has been trying to lose weight for a few years now with not much luck. I think I might be able to help her in some respects but she doesn't seem interested in discussing this around me so I don't bring it up, figured I'd just let her if she wants to...

I suspect she maybe uncomfortable discussing this with me and I totally get it...

On mfp, either men or women, I have no preference.

Honestly with most of my female friends, I feel kinda uncomfortable talking about diet and exercise, I feel judged. Maybe because they do very little fitness wise, and I am a very picky eater.

My female friends who do exercise I am comfortable talking to about exercise, eating habits sometimes, I still feel critiqued often.

I have no problem talking to male friends about either, they sometimes make fun of my picky eating habits, but I never feel criticized, often they defend me from being mocked.
  • slider728
    slider728 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    Question for women who got married (guys can chime in too if they want)

I was kind of pondering this for awhile. The day I was married, I had a hard time seeing my wife walk down the aisle, given the size of the church, how many people were there, and the fact everyone stood up when she entered. However, when I saw her that day, she was the most beautiful I had ever seen her. It was as if God had sent an angel down to earth just for me. Throughout my marriage, she has truly been my guardian angel who has protected me through the years. However, the image of her in her dress will always be burned in my mind :)

I imagine most guys have some variation of this (maybe not). However, I was curious about what a woman thinks when she sees her husband/partner when she walks down the aisle.

So women, what was going through your mind when you were walking down the aisle and saw your husband/partner that day? Again, guys can add their stories too if they like. Not trying to exclude anyone :)
  • FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    slider728 wrote: »

I was kind of pondering this for awhile. The day I was married, I had a hard time seeing my wife walk down the aisle, given the size of the church, how many people were there, and the fact everyone stood up when she entered. However, when I saw her that day, she was the most beautiful I had ever seen her. It was as if God had sent an angel down to earth just for me. Throughout my marriage, she has truly been my guardian angel who has protected me through the years. However, the image of her in her dress will always be burned in my mind :)

I imagine most guys have some variation of this (maybe not). However, I was curious about what a woman thinks when she sees her husband/partner when she walks down the aisle.

So women, what was going through your mind when you were walking down the aisle and saw your husband/partner that day? Again, guys can add their stories too if they like. Not trying to exclude anyone :)

"don't trip... don't fall down... damn he looks good that tux... don't trip"

I wasn't used to the shoes. I was ready for the reception, where all eyes wouldn't be on me all the time.

Once I got up there though, I was thrilled. I imagine we were both wearing the same goofy smile. I knew I was going to marry him within a couple months of our first date. During our engagement, I was asked often if I was nervous about getting married, or stressed about planning the wedding. My answer was always the same. I said yes, I meant it, and the wedding itself is just icing on the cake. It can all go wrong and as long as it's legal at the end of the day, I'll have what I want.

I was the calmest one in my bridal party, and even my photographer and florist thanked me for not being a bridezilla. :)
  • JstTheWayIam
    JstTheWayIam Posts: 6,357 Member
    Options
    Question:

So my first day off in like 9 of 10 days (all 10hr days except for one 12hr day). I recommend she gets up and works out with me but she prefers to sleep in, eat breakfast and watch TV...

By the time I finish, she's getting out of the shower to go to zumba and body pump and gone for a few hours. She then comes home and wants to eat lunch and shower...

Now I'm sorry but I've worked my *kitten* off for this time off and I'm not sitting around waiting for you like a dumbass... I'm going to take my boy to the park and have errands to run...

For dinner she's taking off with my sister in law (whom I just love btw) and my son and I are going Lazer tagging...

Tomorrow it will be the same thing only she's going out with friends for a bday...

I've got a bottle of wine that is just not going to get drunk until Sunday unless I drink it myself and I could really use a drink since I don't at all on work days...

I mean the you know what last night was freaking mind blowing but other than that, it's hard to not feel... Undervalued I guess, especially since how little of each other we've seen the last week and a half..

I'm I over reacting?

If she doesn't value the time you spend together then go about your day without her. Wake, go to the gym, come home and spend the time having fun with your son. On weekend evenings that's she's home leave her there with your son and go out with friends. Eventually she'll get the idea your life is going to go on with or without her. And when you know longer make yourself available all the time she'll come around.

<3
  • Vikka_V
    Options
    Gender-neutral question: What was the main reason for your last relationship break-up?

For me, it was because we couldn't hold an interesting conversation between the two of us. Talking to him bored me, and I assume he felt the same way. Everything else was great, he was a really nice, sweet, hot guy (multilingual too, with an accent!).
  • turbostang7
    turbostang7 Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    Gender-neutral question: What was the main reason for your last relationship break-up?

For me, it was because we couldn't hold an interesting conversation between the two of us. Talking to him bored me, and I assume he felt the same way. Everything else was great, he was a really nice, sweet, hot guy (multilingual too, with an accent!).

He broke the wedding off a couple weeks before. He was abusive and broke the relationship off multiple times for who knows what reasons and I was never strong enough to leave myself or not let him manipulate and suck me back in. He also cheated on me the entire 3 years. So it was a good thing.
    I met my husband the week I would have gotten married to my ex so it all worked out well.
  • slider728
    slider728 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options

It'll be 20 years ago this year, so I was probably 22. The relationship was like heroin. When I was in it, it was oh so good, but I was so wrapped up in it, I couldn't see it was also toxic as *kitten*. She was a loving, caring woman. I genuinely believe her heart was torn between two men, with me being 1 of them. Over the 9 months or so we dated, there were 3 break ups, 1 of which was when I was working in SE Asia half way around the world and she broke up with me via phone call when I couldn't do anything about it except drink myself to sleep and wake up and go to work the next morning like nothing happened. After breaking up and getting back together 3 times, the relationship ended. I'm not sure who broke up with who (it was kind of mutual I guess), but I began to realize as good as we were together, the situation was absolutely toxic. I grabbed an assignment for 5 months in Puerto Rico just to get away from her and get her out of my system. I met my wife 2 days after getting back from PR and we've been happily together ever since.

So after all that, why did we break up? 3's a crowd, and while we had some great times and I am glad we had a relationship, the situation was just toxic beyond belief. I was too young, inexperienced, and naive to see it at the time.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    slider728 wrote: »

Sorry for the completely not romantic answer:

I have always had a bit of stage fright, so I pretty much almost peed myself when everyone stood up and turned to look at me, my dad managed to keep me on track somehow. And I don't remember anything from the ceremony except wondering if it was over yet. I do love my husband and think I made a good choice, don't get me wrong, but I totally did not think about the fact that all these people would be watching us until it happened. Kinda dumb but I guess now I know....I had a great time at the reception though and really enjoyed our first dance, for whatever reason that was less scary to me.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Question

Don't really care if he gets attention, he may as well enjoy the ego boost and I trust him to not act on it.

I don't expect him to not notice attractive women around him. Heck, if she is that attractive then I notice too and we discuss.

I have not seen him give attention to someone, so I guess he knows better. And as above, I trust him, no reason to worry until he gives me a reason to not trust him. Then IMO its not really worth worrying, just move on, I got better things to do with my life.
  • FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options

He moved on and didn't tell me first. Rolled out of my bed one morning, avoided me all day, called me the next morning from another woman's house and said he found someone else and it "just felt right." He even gave me the "I love you but I'm not in love with you" line.
  • JeepHair77
    JeepHair77 Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options

Short answer - completely incompatible expectations of what a marriage ought to be like, which just snowballed and got worse and worse over time.

The phrase he uttered toward the end, "I don't cheat on you, I don't beat you, so why aren't you happy????" I actually think that those words sort of epitomized all of our problems, although I couldn't see it at the time.

The thing is, he's a good guy - just not a good husband. We were the best of friends at one time, and probably would have stayed friends if we had parted ways earlier on. But we spent too many years intensely frustrated with each other, and by the time we tried to get counseling and started to recognize the root of our problems, I think it was just too late.