10 Lbs (or more) in 13 Weeks!

Options

Replies

• henney16
    henney16 Posts: 288
    Options
    Hey gang - back from vacation, all in all, had a great time. Got a little too much sun, ate a little too much, drank a bit a few days, spent a bunch of time with my family and got in a bunch of miles on the bike. I'll weigh in tomorrow morning and give you my weight for this past friday. Hoping to break even or to have only gained a pound or two since last week. Total miles on the bike while on vacation = 83.99. Hope you guys have a great end to your weekend!

- Dave
  • henney16
    Options
    Hey guys, Friday 7/15 weigh in for me = 267.2

Somehow managed to lose weight on vacation, guess all that riding paid off. Was happy to see I didn't gain, but even happier to see the scale go down a little too!
  • RubyHearts
    RubyHearts Posts: 67
    Options
    Great job guys! Sadly i didn't lose anything this week. Hoping next week i lose something! But anyways hope everyone had a great week and good job! You guys are really inspirational!!
  • Mandalicious
    Mandalicious Posts: 126
    Options
    Newest spreadsheet is up!
    www.schmole.com/myfitnesspal/results.htm
    Still waiting on a few more results, too...
    Good luck to everyone this week!
  • henney16
    Options
    Thanks Mandy!
  • henney16
    Options
    Weigh in for 7/22 = 263

My metabolism must have kicked into high gear after I weighed myself after returning from vacation because once I got back to "clean" eating the lbs dropped pretty quickly. Needless to say I checked my weight about 10 times this morning just to make sure!

Hoping you all had a good week as well. I am hoping to be in a new weight decade (or super close to it) by this time next week!

-Dave
  • hikingvee
    hikingvee Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I remembered to weigh in today! 141! Goal to get under 140 by 8/1!
  • Seanb_us
    Seanb_us Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    SW 219.
    W1 (7/1) 217.
    W2 (7/8) 213.
    W3 (7/15) 211.
    W4 (7/22) 209. Down 2!! (Wanted 22 hehe.) Slow and steady wins the race, right?

Cheers,

Sean
  • Mandalicious
    Options
    Great job, Dave, Sean and Vee! So happy and proud for all three of you!

The scale accurately reflected my successes and failures of the week - I stayed exactly the same weight. I did really well on a few days, but I totally blew it on several others. Between date night, book group, mama movie night -- kept making poor choices. I calculated all the calories out and figured I would maintain... and I did.

This week, I am going to really work to get another pound off. I head to the chiropractor today to see if he can help with my knee which is still achey and swollen. I walked one mile yesterday on the treadmill and it was okay. But I hope I will be able to get back to jogging at some point. Hoping I just pushed too hard too soon. Ice, ibuprofen, no high impact for now. I made an appt on Aug 15th with an orthopedist, too... I am still doing upper body weights, push-up, ab work, etc in the meantime!
  • henney16
    Options
    Keep up the good work Sean and Vee! Mandy - you are still doing awesome! Once your knee is better you will shed the rest of the weight you want in no time! I was having back issues about a month in to my exercising and it definitely slowed me a bit. Turned out I wasn't stretching enough/right before a ride and once I took care of it, it slowly worked itself out. Keep up the good work everyone!
  • RubyHearts
    RubyHearts Posts: 67
    Options
    After not seeing the scale budge today was great!! I lost 1.5 pounds!! Good to see everyones progress, so happy that i finally lost some!
  • Seanb_us
    Options
    Keep up the good work Sean and Vee! Mandy - you are still doing awesome! Once your knee is better you will shed the rest of the weight you want in no time! I was having back issues about a month in to my exercising and it definitely slowed me a bit. Turned out I wasn't stretching enough/right before a ride and once I took care of it, it slowly worked itself out. Keep up the good work everyone!

Thanks! I go to the gym a lot, and that helps me overcome my poor choices. For example, Sunday, watching the USA lose to Japan in World Cup soccer, I ate an entire large bag of salt and vinegar chips ... that cannot have been good. LOL!

Cheers,

Sean
  • MeLisa1044
    MeLisa1044 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I would love to join the challenge.
  • DoctorWhoFan
    Options
    I had a really bad week and so am up to 167.3. But I am firmly back on track and ready to lose them, taking a new approach. We shall see how it goes!

Well done to those who have weighed in already and good luck!
  • Mandalicious
    Options
    Just posted a revised spreadsheet to:
    http://www.schmole.com/myfitnesspal/results.htm

You might notice a few changes. I put people for whom I have results at the top of the list. But we also have a brand new member to join our challenge, MeLisa1044. Welcome to her!

Do y'all realize that we are almost 1/3 of our way through the official summer season and that means almost 1/3 of our way through this challenge? I am so, so, so excited for everyone who is working hard and making healthy choices as we all travel our fitness journey together! Check out these successes:

RubyHearts had a great drop on the scale this week!
    Dave and Sean are both torching those calories biking or working out at the gym! And their efforts are paying off!
    Runningvee broke into a new "weight decade" today!
    DoctorWhoFan is looking to try some new exercises this week!
    Wjewell keeps killing it at the gym with her trainer and zumba-ing those calories away!
    Hadkins13 has made it through a shoulder injury and tummy bug, and she is looking forward to better health and strength this week!

I, personally, am determined to really bring it this week. I have lots of new strength exercises from my chiropractor for my knee pain and I can exercise again - just lessen the impact. I am determined to make good food choices and nourish my body well! Let's see how we all do another week, you guys!
  • henney16
    Options
    Thanks for keeping us all motivated and putting together the spreadsheet - much appreciated Mandy!

Dave
  • Seanb_us
    Options
    Thanks Mandy!!

This past weekend was tough -- thank goodness we weigh in on Friday! Tuesday I have dinner out with a friend. So ... this week will be a struggle. I need to drop 2lbs to stay on track ... fingers crossed ....

Cheers,

Sean
  • henney16
    Options
    Sean -

Keep up the good work bud - I'm sure Friday will be good to you when you weigh in. Just stick to your work outs and push it a little harder when you know you've had a rough weekend or going out to eat!

-Dave
  • henney16
    Options
    Welcome to the group Melisa!!!!
  • LadyOfOceanBreeze
    LadyOfOceanBreeze Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    I just looked at my various entries and topics that I had "joined" and remembered, HEY!

I should do the math and wow! I did it!

15 pounds in exactly 9 weeks:happy: and boy am I :happy: !!!

I really had no idea I made it & I want to encourage everyone to

keep going no matter what!

:flowerforyou: best wishes to all:heart: you guys ROCK!:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: