MFP pushing liberal agenda

Options

Replies

• Carillon_Campanello
    Carillon_Campanello Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I've accumulated a few bad boy points in my first three days on this site so I must resist the urge to post political memes, but I do like the "I Voted For Pedro" T-shirt.
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,641 Member
    Options
    rml_16 wrote: »
    Um ... The CEO of the company that owns MFP is a huge Trump supporter.

The ads you see are based solely on your Internet search history. Stop looking at political stuff and you won't see political ads.

You can't just say his name like that...there could be children browsing this forum.
  • LiftingRiot
    LiftingRiot Posts: 6,946 Member
    Options
    I cant believe this outrage!!!! Next they will be trying to tell us that dinosaurs didn't live with people and the world is round (oval). They should not be trying to sway our beliefs. The world is 3000 years old and is flat people....
  • 2011rocket3touring
    2011rocket3touring Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    Personally I don't think they "push". I had ads a few months ago that would literally crash the program (one of those with un-close-able pop ups).
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,641 Member
    Options
    Those darn alternative facts. They are just everywhere.

except my facebook page...I blocked everyone who has ever posted an article that doesn't 100% reinforce my world view.
  • Commander_Keen
    Commander_Keen Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    I agree,
    I don't think MFP should be political free
  • Carillon_Campanello
    edited March 2017
    Options
    _John_ wrote: »
    Those darn alternative facts. They are just everywhere.

except my facebook page...I blocked everyone who has ever posted an article that doesn't 100% reinforce my world view.

I just blocked facebook, canceled my cable, subscribe to netflix/amazon prime (avoiding documentaries), and leave the room when politics comes up in conversation.

I live in a very happy bubble now. MFP is a breath of sweaty dank gym air compared to facebook's stench of polidatamanipulative Gorgonzola farts.
  • Carillon_Campanello
    Options
    All this aside:

US-UK relationship which defeated Hitler and the Soviets is a liberal agenda???

Um...The Ruskies pretty much saved everyone's hide against Hitler no? Those arsenals were churning out the firepower that laid down the law starting in Stalingrad. It was a collective effort, but give the Russo's their due against Herr Hitler.
  • LiftingRiot
    LiftingRiot Posts: 6,946 Member
    Options
    haha. I cant believe my comment got flagged.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    haha. I cant believe my comment got flagged.

I am starting to think someone doesn't understand the flag button.
  • Carillon_Campanello
    Options
    MeganAM89 wrote: »
    All this aside:

Um...The Ruskies pretty much saved everyone's hide against Hitler no? Those arsenals were churning out the firepower that laid down the law starting in Stalingrad. It was a collective effort, but give the Russo's their due against Herr Hitler.

True. The Germans handled the cold very poorly.

Also, come on. Everyone forgets about the Canadians but we were in there starting in 1939.

I like Canadians.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I agree,
    I don't think MFP should be political free

Yer a poet, Harry!
  • Carillon_Campanello
    Options
    MeganAM89 wrote: »
    All this aside:

True. The Germans handled the cold very poorly.

Also, come on. Everyone forgets about the Canadians but we were in there starting in 1939.
    I know it's been a common American joke nowadays to make fun of the Canadian military, but historically during the run up to WW2, Canada was out there in full force, when the US was only involved via embargos and sanctions.

Some even go as far as saying the U.S. provoked Japan into joining the Axis due to the embargos and sanctions and (cough cough...shipping lane blockades...cough cough).

But. That's. None. Of. My. Business.
  • Carillon_Campanello
    Options
    Is this open again?
  • Carillon_Campanello
    Options
    They love the WW2 discussions. Esp. the piggy revisionist history.

I had a nice response I was typing to you Piggy but it got locked down in the interim and I hit "Post Reply" and everything went kaput.

I don't remember most of it now. So it must have been talk out of my hind quarters. I DRC if they reclose it, I just happened to notice.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    It's like watching a plane crash up in hurrr.
  • ThatUserNameIsAllReadyTaken
    Options
    Oh it's open again! I was never allowed to comment on this in the first place!
  • Carillon_Campanello
    Options

by "was never allowed" you mean "didn't want to"?
    Options
    If you use one of those doo-hickeys which prevents any thing resembling an add from showing up you will not need to put forth green paper in exchange for "premium".
    ThatUserNameIsAllReadyTaken Posts: 1,530 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options

by "was never allowed" you mean "didn't want to"?

No I tried! It kept giving me the old, "your comment will post after it has been approved by moderation." My last comment has what I have been trying to say all day but they won't let me! I had to speak in code!
This discussion has been closed.