Slimfast 14 day challenge/ diet

Options
2»

Replies

• cdkelly
    cdkelly Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Oh and by the way I really like the slim fast advanced nutrition caramel latte drink. I eat pretty healthy every day food now but I like to have that drink as a snack. I blend it up with ice and it's a great afternoon pick me up that tastes like a healthier version of a frappuccino. Yum.
  • kristikitter
    kristikitter Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I remember trying (and succeeding) on Slimfast years back to shed the freshman fifteen, but I tried it again a few years later and lasted about two days. I just had headaches all the time and wanted something to chew... so of course, in went the lovely salty crisps and the lovely sweet chocolate bar...
  • love_jones21
    love_jones21 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    cdkelly wrote: »

I do remember it was significant enough for me to feel super encouraged and motivated and it was such a good decision I made.

Glad to hear a positive side! I appreciate both sides, I know those who are more technical is because they are more serious dieters. I hope to get there in the future. but for now my story is like yours cdkelly, hoping to see great results

Thanks so much :)
  • jessiferrrb
    jessiferrrb Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    as a jumping off point i don't think it's the worst idea in the world, especially if it's got you being more mindful and thinking of a plan once you're done. if you're logging and know your stats and goals it could be an easy transition on day 15. i think a lot of people are just concerned because we see a lot of crash and burn after restrictive eating plans or xxx diets are over or blown by binges etc.

there are only 9 people where i work and at any given moment someone is trying a new diet. a month of paleo for one, a gluten free phase for another, no refined sugar for the one in the corner, and a strict elimination diet by the boss just for funsies. right now one of my coworkers is starting a juicing / smoothie plan. my observation has been that while most think that they are in for a 'lifestyle change' it ends up being more of a fleeting interest. i actually think that, when done with forward thinking, diets with a shorter time span can be more effective.

so, good luck! and get planning ;)
  • YvetteK2015
    YvetteK2015 Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    I used to live on slimfast when I worked before I got sick. I worked so much that I never really had time to make food so I would pop open a can for breakfast...only had 30 minutes for lunch so I would pop open another can. I probably would drink 4 shakes a day and a very very small meal. I was a size 0 back then.

After I gained all my weight, I tried doing slimfast so many times, but I was so hungry all the time. It just wasn't going to work at this point in my life.

But if it does help to motivate you, and you do lose some weight, then great. Just make sure that when you are ready to go off slimfast you are ready to start logging everything you eat so you don't gain back what you lost. I'm for anything that will jump-start the motivation that will keep you going.

I hope you have much success.
  • Miz_T
    Miz_T Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I used to love the taste of them but I tend to revert back to old habits so I just try to be a bit more disciplined with my food choices. What works for some doesn't work for all, unfortunately. #fatgirlpreach #lovemyfood #junkfoodjunkie4life #aworkinprogress
  • jjaebird
    jjaebird Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    cekelly, you said exactly what I was thinking. This is my first post, and I felt compelled after reading discussions that sounded critical/negative.

I used SlimFast years ago and lost the 10 pounds I wanted to lose, rather quickly. For me it put a hard stop to the everyday mindless overeating I was doing. I transitioned back to regular food by gradually cutting down the drinks and incorporating one healthy meal at a time. Good luck with your 14 day challenge love_jones21!
  • love_jones21
    love_jones21 Posts: 7 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Guys , just a quick update !
    Everything has been going well thankfully! I am approaching finishing day 5. I feel determined and and consistent. I been running in the mornings (or late nights) and drinking tons of water.
    I know this is not all due to slimFast but the encouragement of the idea of their plan. The products are filling. I did add a Fit&Active meal replacement bar instead of a shake everyday for lunch. I also eat green giant veggies on the side with my bar for lunch.
    Feeling good and hoping to have nice results even if small .

Thank you all for you discussion!
  • dnteasdale700
    dnteasdale700 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, just wondering what your results were after your two weeks?
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,395 MFP Moderator
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Main reason not to do the slimfast shakes: https://labdoor.com/review/slimfast-original

Literally finished last in terms quality and failed heavy metals testing.
  • lthames0810
    lthames0810 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    I think we are properly advising the OP as well as the silent lurkers when we say to just eat food in the proper amount. But just some perspective...

Obviously many of us have done slimfast or some other "diet" and either didn't like it, or it didn't work long term or whatever. Our hearts are in the right place when we advise the OP, based on our experience, not to bother.

But I think we also know that we stand a great chance of gaining back all our lost weight no matter what way of eating we adopt. Also, people are motivated differently. Some are highly motivated by a fast start, if that is what slimfast does. It's also possible to learn how to eat to lose weight starting today or 14 days from now.