Mean Things People Said That Ended Up Motivating You

Options
I was just on the thread about fit shaming and I saw that a lot of users remembered mean things people had said to them that, in the end, motivated them to do better. What are some of the stupid things people said that you remember when you're sweating your butt off at the gym, or avoiding that 3rd slice of pizza?

Mine? My great aunt, unsolicited, "You've gained weight...you looked better before." :(

It gave me the kick in the pants I needed to start losing weight - before I thought it wasn't that noticeable that I'd gained 30 pounds. What she said was brutal, and I don't think it was called for, but now that I'm 10 pounds down and on my way to my dream body, I'm glad that I have comments like that to motivate me! :#

Replies

• mila_lova
    mila_lova Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Yesterday, I walked by the detention table and a kid yelled at me "She's ugly! She's SO ugly!!!"....I didn't binge that night and I called the dermatologist.

Also, in November my boyfriend told me the only reason he would break up with me was my 20 lb weight gain.
  • pchance
    pchance Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    The truth is hurtful
  • officials
    officials Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    "Aren't you going to drink a Diet Coke?"
    Said from my brother when I gained weight

Also my family nitpicks at weight and size. Pointing out weight loss, weight gain, etc.