Older lady glared at me at the gym!!!

Options
JourneeAfter0704
JourneeAfter0704 Posts: 79 Member
edited March 2017 in Motivation and Support
Had an extremely awkward experience at the gym. I had an older lady glaring at me as I working out. I just joined the gym this week and I am gym newbie. I have no idea what her problem was but she was giving me this look like what are you doing here!

Replies

• deputy_randolph
    deputy_randolph Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    Some old people are just mean...or maybe you were on her machine, who knows?
  • JourneeAfter0704
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Or. She could just have RBF and was staring through you not at you. I do this sometimes when I zone out, it's not deliberate or mean.

Or you're projecting because you're still uncomfortable with going to the gym.

I am not uncomfortable ...it could have been resting b face. Never thought of that
  • JourneeAfter0704
    Options
    nbingham wrote: »
    Maybe you resemble someone she dislikes? They say everyone has a doppelganger somewhere. lol

I do have one of those faces. I hear " you look like so and so" all the time!
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,107 Member
    Options
    She might not even be able to see as far as you lol Definitely wouldn't waste any time worrying about it.
  • JourneeAfter0704
    Options

Or you're projecting because you're still uncomfortable with going to the gym.

ladies and gentlemen, we have a winner.
    [/quote

Or not ......
  • KaleidoscopeEyes8
    KaleidoscopeEyes8 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Maybe she just had RBF? Or perhaps she was immersed in her workout and while her gaze might have been in your direction, she wasn't really seeing you? I generally look angry when I'm concentrating during a workout.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    There's no way we can possibly know what happened. I would just let it go and carry on.

Maybe she had a *kitten* day and you look like a coworker she hates.
    Maybe her husband cheated on her with a girl that resembles you.
    Maybe you had a wedgie that she didn't want to see.
    Maybe she was just staring in your general direction lost in thought.
    Maybe she was giving you a stink eye because she indiscriminately hates other women.

Who knows! Don't worry about it and let it go. :)
  • StealthHealth
    StealthHealth Posts: 2,417 Member
    Options
    Is it Friday agains :)

<3 these threads
  • abrubru
    abrubru Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    becky10rp wrote: »
    Don't over-think this. Most people at the gym are NOT looking at you, judging you, analyzing you - they're too busy doing THEIR workout. You do your thing - stop worrying about other people.

This...^^^
  • theflatpick
    theflatpick Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Don't over think it! Just keep going!!
    Or.... was she doing circuit training and you sat down in the middle of the circuit on her next machine.. that would do it. :smile:
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    Why does it matter?