Older lady glared at me at the gym!!!

Options

Replies

• snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    If it happens again, why not just ask her?
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options
    I have no idea what her problem was

Constipation probably.

• JourneeAfter0704
    JourneeAfter0704 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    msf74 wrote: »

Constipation probably.

Maybe the opposite maybe she was glaring maybe she had to go the bathroom and was holding it in.
  • msf74
    Options

Constipation probably.

Maybe the opposite maybe she was glaring maybe she had to go the bathroom and was holding it in.

Maybe it burns when she pees.

Poor lady.

And here you are judging her. How dare you!
  • JourneeAfter0704
    Options

Constipation probably.

Maybe it burns when she pees.

Poor lady.

And here you are judging her. How dare you!

For shame on me!! Never again!!
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Some old people are just mean...or maybe you were on her machine, who knows?

Seriously? This made me laugh. Get off my lawn!
  • JourneeAfter0704
    Options
    wo33javfx8du.gif

This was probably me when she was glaring:
    giphy.gif 1003.1K
  • ThatUserNameIsAllReadyTaken
    Options
    A couple of things. First, why are you focused on her? Your workout should be your focus. Next, are sure you weren't unwittingly committing some offense? You may have violated some unspoken etiquette. Maybe you had a bat in the cave. Maybe your pants were see through and you didn't know it. Maybe you look like someone she hates like her daughter-in-law. The possibilities are endless!
  • JourneeAfter0704
    Options
    A couple of things. First, why are you focused on her? Your workout should be your focus. Next, are sure you weren't unwittingly committing some offense? You may have violated some unspoken etiquette. Maybe you had a bat in the cave. Maybe your pants were see through and you didn't know it. Maybe you look like someone she hates like her daughter-in-law. The possibilities are endless!

It is a small gym, you never know!
  • BedsideTableKangaroo
    BedsideTableKangaroo Posts: 736 Member
    Options

Constipation probably.

maybe she was loading her depends.
  • msf74
    Options
    Maybe you had a bat in the cave.

A what now?!?

I cannot tell you how much this thread has made me laugh.

Thank you, OP.

Thank you.

On a more serious note, I guess the point here is obvious. In the absence of any compelling evidence either way the OP can choose to perceive this incident in any way she chooses, no one else. Therefore perceiving it in a funny or positive light is clearly in her interests and strongly recommended.
  • tabletop_joe
    tabletop_joe Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    I find a "can I help you?" goes a long way. Use your words!
  • cherrypalmosa
    cherrypalmosa Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I think they are just jealous of your figure wishing they could somehow try to do some workout like yours. Even though your a newbie, just don't mind them. Be proud of who you are, no matter what shape you have for as long as you believe in yourself then nobody can ever let you down.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    I think they are just jealous of your figure wishing they could somehow try to do some workout like yours. Even though your a newbie, just don't mind them. Be proud of who you are, no matter what shape you have for as long as you believe in yourself then nobody can ever let you down.

Lol
  • Leenizi129
    Leenizi129 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    For the record I get looks from all. Did not get caught up in the number thing but I get where you were going
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    71c1f4740180d32a729ebb7d5acb6b7e.gif
  • snowboardermom
    snowboardermom Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I get where you are coming from because it never feels good to think someone is judging you, but you have to remember that EVERY person you interact with has their own sh** happening. I finally realized this when my Mom died and I went through weeks and weeks of being in a fog. I never smiled. It took a long time to smile again. I'm sure people thought I was dumb, mean, rude or other things but I was just in my own world and not paying attention to anything. I cried in public, I dropped things, I stood on the elevator too long, all kinds of stuff. I even stared as old ladies thinking about how they reminded me of Mom.

This lady could have been thinking anything so until you KNOW someone intends to diss you, don't assume the worse. You will be a much happier person that way. Some older people can't see very well, some (like me) get lost in their thoughts and may look like they are staring but are just spaced out. Maybe she was admiring your leggings or thinking that your hair looked good for someone at the gym. Impossible to know!
  • theowlbox
    theowlbox Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    I vote NO on giving a crap what gym randos think, elderly or otherwise. I have enough friends. As long as you were polite, you get an A+ in people skills.
    Side note, my 93 year old uncle gets extremely angry at me when I refuse to open him a Snickers to "share" with my Chihuahua. So who knows?
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    Had an extremely awkward experience at the gym. I had an older lady glaring at me as I working out. I just joined the gym this week and I am gym newbie. I have no idea what her problem was but she was giving me this look like what are you doing here!

That's how you are interpreting her look, when it was most likely not at all about you. ;)