Lent 2017 - 40 days of logging

Options

Replies

• _runnerbean_
    _runnerbean_ Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Sunday Day 26. Happy Mother's Day (uk and Ireland). Luckily my boys didn't buy me chocolates as I'm hopeless at eating just one or two. Off for a run in the sunshine in a few mins. Have a great day.
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday everyone! It's rainy again here in Oregon, so I'm glad I spent a little time on yard work yesterday. I got my peas planted in my garden and a bunch of summer bulbs (dahlias, liatris, cannas). Hoping for a nice flower year!

I'm off to a painting class this morning, so probably won't get a lot of physical exercise today but will get some exercise for the soul. Have a wonderful day!
  • rsmotivated
    rsmotivated Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday. The sun is finally shining today. I'm hoping it will warm up a bit more so I can go on a walk. Have a great day everyone!!
  • _runnerbean_
    Options
    Day 27 - Monday nearly done - it'll be the weekend before we know it! Logging still going well for me. I've a few challenges ahead at the weekend as will be eating out a lot (lucky me!) so I'm going to be really good this week to "save" a few cals for then.
  • southheadstef
    southheadstef Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hi, everyone! Still logging away. I really wanted some wine with my meal today, but my husband says he doesn't have any craving at all... ( maybe he is sick, heh heh). So, I didn't have any. The weight is slowly coming off, too!
  • _runnerbean_
    Options
    Hi, everyone! Still logging away. I really wanted some wine with my meal today, but my husband says he doesn't have any craving at all... ( maybe he is sick, heh heh). So, I didn't have any. The weight is slowly coming off, too!

Myself and my husband have been cutting back alcohol too. I've had none since weekend before last so doing well. Don't miss it to be honest.
    Day 28 today - Tuesday. We are more than half way now lovely mfp people.
  • theemsicle1986
    theemsicle1986 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I only saw this post half way through but am on day 17 now!
  • rsmotivated
    rsmotivated Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Wow day 30 today. Keep up the good work everyone!! I have logged each day and stayed within my calories.
  • amtyrell
    amtyrell Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    I hit down 10 lbs in lent today. I have stuck with logging and volunteering.
  • _runnerbean_
    Options
    We are all doing so well-that first month has flown by.
    Anyone bought their Easter eggs yet? I bought my husband one yesterday but hid it so we don't get tempted.
  • RaeBeeBaby
    Options
    I fell behind on logging this week and haven't posted in my diary since Sunday. Monday morning we got the call that new grandbaby was on her way so we rushed to the hospital! She took her sweet time and was born Monday evening. Three weeks early but still a healthy 7 lb 13 oz girl!

So, we've spent the past couple of days running back and forth to the hospital (in a different town) and helping our son with errands. We're also dog sitting for the new parents which adds two to our two to make four spoiled furbabies. Double the amount of dogs seems like more than twice the work! (A crazy little yorkie and a blind cockapoo, if that gives you an idea.)

Anyway, back to logging today. Still have had no alcohol and will be holding strong on that. Although it would have been nice to toast to the new addition to the family!
  • RaeBeeBaby
    Options
    We are all doing so well-that first month has flown by.
    Anyone bought their Easter eggs yet? I bought my husband one yesterday but hid it so we don't get tempted.

I bought a six-pack of Reese's peanut butter eggs but didn't get them hidden quick enough. The husband has already eaten half of them. I've resisted, but I did get into the Nestle's dark chocolate chips last night. Dark chocolate is good for you, right?

• southheadstef
    Options
    Wow, rae, I think you were entitled to toast that baby! Congratulations on being a grandmother! That outshines our efforts at moderation, I think. So, just two weeks to go to Easter ( more or less). Have not bought eggs yet - that's always a last minute thing for me ;) .
  • amtyrell
    amtyrell Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    RaeBeeBaby congratulations on the new grandkid!!!!
  • domeofstars
    domeofstars Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I miss cappuccino's soooooo much! I really, really, really want one!
  • Ocean_Breezy
    Ocean_Breezy Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'm late, but I turn 40 this summer. So at least we have 40 in common. I am logging every day.
  • southheadstef
    Options
    Really sick of this now. Come on Easter!
  • _runnerbean_
    Options
    Day 33 Sunday. Had a disastrous day logging wise yesterday- was out of the house over lunch then felt nauseous in the evening as ate a rich lunch. Tried to cure my stomach with two glasses white wine (it actually worked!) Back to it today.
  • _runnerbean_
    Options
    I'm late, but I turn 40 this summer. So at least we have 40 in common. I am logging every day.

Welcome
  • RaeBeeBaby
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Well, I did miss two days of logging this past week. Our new granddaughter ended up in the hospital with severe jaundice and logging in my food diary was the last thing on my mind. All is well and she is back home and doing much better. We ended up having their dogs for 6 days instead of 2, so that kept me busy.

I'm still sticking with no alcohol through Lent, but it's been pretty hard with everything going on. We even took pizza to the new parents last night WITHOUT "real" beer or wine. I picked up a 6 pack of O'Douls (non-alcoholic beer) for our son and root beer for my husband.

This has been the strangest Lenten abstinence ever. Either God or the devil has put temptation in my way at every turn. I met a man yesterday at the grocery store and we struck up a conversation. He invited me to their church for wine tasting after Saturday mass! Now, as all good Catholics know, there are a lot of restrictions, but drinking is not one of them. I scolded him for hosting a wine tasting during Lent, LOL. He laughed and said the priest would probably give me dispensation just for the one day. Tempting, but no. I'll wait until Easter like I had planned.