Spring 2017 Dog Walking Challenge

Options

Replies

• jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I'm new. I'd like to join this group!
    I've got a mini poodle named Bay. We've been super lazy this winter, so I'm going to set quite a low goal of an hour a week. Want to start off with certain success and then add to the goal. I'll post a photo of Bay once I figure out how to do that!
    I like this thread because of all the doggie photos! I could use some friends, both human and furred.

Down in the reply box, if you look above at all the icons, find the smiley face and go right until you see what looks like a piece of black paper with the corner folded down. Click on that to load a pic.

P.S. I had a beautiful standard poodle, but he passed away in October. Poodles are awesome! Let's see that pic.
  • jm216
    jm216 Posts: 3,745 Member
    Options
    Happy April 1st!
    Roxie woke me up at 6am for our morning walk... who needs an alarm? <3
  • Lusitatissimum
    Lusitatissimum Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Ginger is super adorable! Hope your ankle starts feeling better fast! Here's my boy, on his personal island (the ottonman). Got in half an hour today!
    db819hmfesab.jpg
  • mimigotay
    mimigotay Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    jm216 wrote: »
    Get outside and get fit with your favorite fur baby! Roxie and I challenge you to take a healthy stroll.

Set a reasonable goal for you and your pet and get moving.

Post your minutes or miles walking on a weekly basis.

Jump in and join us any time!

I will love this challenge later... Maybe next moth cause my dog is having eye surgery on the 3rd.
  • Smallc10
    Smallc10 Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    I'm going to join in! I try and take my dog at least once a day for a good walk and hope for twice as long as the baby is cooperating. I think 5 miles a week would be a good goal for us since I'm still recovering from surgery :) I'll keep track this week!

a1up0vxfygs9.jpg
  • jenilla1
    Options
    Walking Buddies: Jen and April (Apes) - golden retriever-standard poodle mix
    Weekly Goal: Hit the long trail once or twice a week plus regular walks.
    How long/far did you walk this week?: 9.25 miles

Successes: Got an extra hike in this weekend for more total mileage! First Pic below is Apes wiped out after a long trek in the hills.
    Challenges: The early spring grasses that grow along the trails are starting to release their seeds. Digging all that crud out of my dog's paws each time we hike is a pain. Other Pics below are some of the seeds I have to dig out. These things love to burrow in and stick. They can be painful in between in toes! Sometimes they can get under the skin and cause infections. At least the ticks aren't out yet...

fora9f3zwrkx.jpg
    bhlcywwd85jk.jpg
    gg4w7vn4bbzh.jpg
    9bfbvowb1axt.jpg

• jm216
    Options
    Jenilla1.... those are crazy, determined seeds!
  • jm216
    Options
    Walking Buddies: Jill & Roxie
    Weekly Goal: Take 2 ten minute walks per day
    How long/far did you walk this week?: 7 miles
    Successes: We hit our goal of a mile a day!
    Challenges: hopefully none.... we're on Spring Break at home.

Have a great week of walking!
  • Bayluvr
    Bayluvr Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Walking Buddies: Bronwyn & Mommy
    Weekly Goal: At least 5 miles (aiming for 1mile/day not inc. short potty walks)
    How long/far did you walk this week? 3.6 miles
    Successes:
    Challenges: Rainy week, mud everywhere and she was just groomed.

We've started on a good note today...more rain in forecast for tonight so we'll see what develops.
  • julie8123
    julie8123 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I love this idea! I'm a student and I feel so guilty when I don't find the time to give my puppy the walks she deserves. My goal for this week will be one 15 minute walk a day, and a hike once a week. I'm sure my little nugget will thank me!

Here's Maisy on two very opposite hikes (honestly I think she prefers the snow!)
    t2laj24alcai.jpg
    d5u6ki1f6ls1.jpg
  • Bayluvr
    Bayluvr Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Love the contrast between Maisy and the snow. Beautiful pup! They're ALL beautiful, and this thread is AWESOME!
  • IVMay
    IVMay Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Get outside and get fit with your favorite fur baby! Roxie and I challenge you to take a healthy stroll.

Set a reasonable goal for you and your pet and get moving.

Post your minutes or miles walking on a weekly basis.

Jump in and join us any time!

That is a lovely looking pup.
    I love dog walking. Wish I could do it more. Don't worry they get walked plenty just not by me as much as I'd like to.
  • jm216
    Options
    Rain rain go away!
  • jenilla1
    Options
    Rain rain go away!

Southern California volunteers to take your rain! B)
  • jm216
    Options
    We had snow and rain yesterday, and I'll gladly send that to you!
  • donovanwoodworking
    donovanwoodworking Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Count me, Jack and Chloe in...ggbelxczblut.jpg
  • slatone
    slatone Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi! I"m SO excited about this group! I'm loving all the pics of ya'lls pups, they are so cute! This is Flash. He's a two year old pit/lab mix who just finished an ACL surgery on one of his back legs. We're going to go 3 miles a day with ya'll!u8pbbn4qufrp.jpg