In your opinion, what's the most difficult part about losing weight?

Options

Replies

• jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Staying consistent.
  • Wolfger
    Wolfger Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I still eat (mostly) the things I want. Portion control is hard. The hardest part, though, is cutting out (or way down on) snacking. Which includes things like having a beer. As a "boredom eater", the temptation to grab a snack is overwhelming at times. As a brewer, not being able to have a pint whenever I want is rough.
  • creepy_unicorn
    creepy_unicorn Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    For me it is keeping my grabby hands away from snacks in the evening (a habit that I have had for years). I always say to myself: 'you've eaten what you need, and that's enough', and this stops me snacking but I can't wait until these urges disappear all together. Now 20lbs down 44 to go and I am definitely not going to gain them back because of a *kitten* chocolate bar craving!
  • wellthenwhat
    wellthenwhat Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Definitely the cravings and munchies. If there are cookies in the kitchen or break room, I want to grab a cookie every time I go through the room. Or I'll be fixing myself a healthy dinner at my mom's place, and want to snack on the candy bars she has on top of her microwave. I'll even try snacking on things I don't really like. My mouth likes to be busy at all times. For now, I'm smacking on lots of mint gum, lol
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Same as you. Resisting the stuff that you know you can't fit in.
  • 3rdof7sisters
    3rdof7sisters Posts: 486 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Not being able to eat whatever I want, whenever I want to, sticking to portion size and daily calories.

I still indulge in all the foods I did before, just way less of them, and make them fit into calories for the day. I would never be able to stick to this if I couldn't eat all the foods I love still.
  • jennypapage
    jennypapage Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    getting used to the fact that no, i can't eat a pack of biscuits/cookies,a whole bar of chocolate in one go. i can have a piece,maybe two, but no more.it might take me a whole week to finish a small bar of chocolate,because fitting in every day might not be possible. in the old days it would have been gone in less than 5'.
  • shans34
    shans34 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    For me the hardest part is forcing myself to drink enough water and get some exercise in. I find it hard to motivate myself most days.
  • jaenders06
    jaenders06 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Getting through the plateaus and not getting discouraged... I've been stuck for 5 weeks now so I've resorted to my measurements and found that I may not be losing weight, but my inches are shrinking. It's been pretty frustrating but I keep telling myself, it's just a number and I do feel better.
  • melissaschmidt56
    melissaschmidt56 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Mental side of it by far is the hardest

I constantly have to remind myself what I want most. Planning ahead helps to but in order to loose weight you have to convince your mind because if you remain disciplined the battle becomes easier
  • Chadxx
    Chadxx Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    Hands down, the hardest part was simply making the decision to take responsibility for my health. Everything else has been relatively easy.
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    Options
    The hardest part for me was to mentally get over the "I ruined it" attitude when I inevitably ate WAY over my calories. Logically you can't undo months of hard work in a day or two, but mentally it was hard to believe that.
  • gamerbabe14
    gamerbabe14 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    AimeeMc90 wrote: »
    Having a boyfriend !!
    We love to have a date night at the weekend and go out for dinner and when I go out for dinner I don't want to eat healthy stuff and I always want dessert after and usually a few beers too

This! Although I've learned that he doesn't really care what I eat and he will typically just do his own thing. I cook a lot for us so I can control a lot of our meals. And on the weekends, I walk a ton to offset the glass of wine or 3 we have at the Italian place.

• Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    Parties, events, gatherings. It would be easy if we hosted/attended less of these.
  • victoria_1024
    victoria_1024 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    I'd say patience. When you have a lot of weight to lose (I lost 90 lbs) it takes a long time to feel like you've made progress.

Losing weight for me was easier than maintenance though. After a year of maintenance, it's that realization that I will have to be diligent for the rest of my life unless I want to get fat again. This way of life has to be lifelong.