Just for Today ..... Daily Commitment Thread- Start of a new year!

Replies

• dwntwn5
    dwntwn5 Posts: 69 Member
    JFT Monday
    - Stay within calories - This is going to be tough. I made a pizza casserole yesterday and have it portioned out. I'm trying to see if I can actually enjoy it without going overboard! - NOPE - I was close and I definitely ate less pizza casserole than I would have :)
    - Don't drink - I kicked butt at this one last week so we'll go at it again this week. - Yes.
    - Drink more water during the day. - No. Sigh...

JFTuesday
    - Stay within calories (Leftover pizza casserole will last a few days. Don't judge.) :)
    - Drink more water during the day!
    - Do laundry tonight.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member

Monday:
    1. Weigh in :)
    2. Plan and pre-track exercise for the week :)
    3. Track all food :)
    4. Under 100G carbs :neutral:
    5. 60 minutes of gardening while the sun shines :smile:
    6. 60 minutes intense Zumba :smiley:
    7. *maybe go to the city for a couple of hours of salsa*
    8. 10+ cups water :smiley: 16

Tuesday:
    1. Weigh in
    2. Track all food
    3. Under 75G carbs
    4. walk on at least one work break for 15 minutes
    5. at least two hours of salsa/bachata
    6. 10+ cups water
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,327 Member
    Question for you all again!

Do you base everything in the calories?
    Or do you try be under in everything?

For example some days I can be under in my calories yet over in the amount of fat or sodium or carbs.

Do you try stay under in everything or just the calorie intake?
    Also will being over in these areas affect my weight loss goals?

I watch my calories for the most part, but because I am being coached by my daughter at the Weight Loss clinic she manages, I also am watching grams of fat, protein, carbs and sugar. I'm doing a medical weight loss program though (well, I'm trying to....not very good at it I must say...) that is low carb, very low sugar and higher in protein and healthy fats. I was doing really good at this until I got stressed at work and had to start traveling. Now, I'm really struggling with cutting out the carbs and sugar again.
  • azulvioleta6
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Danced for 4 hours on Saturday night...live music! In heels and a semi-formal dress.

Wow! Did you log that :sweat_smile:

Oh yeah! No extra credit for dressing up though. :)
  • PackerFanInGB
    J4T - Monday
    1. Journal every bite :)
    2. Low carbs- stay under 75g :( Had double that amount.
    3. 64 oz of water :) 80 oz
    4. Activity - total of 30 minutes :/ Nope. Laziness after work.
    5. Earbuds to stay in happy place today. No stress, no drama. :) Yes, work has been much better now that I have come to a more peaceful place inside and tuned out the drama. I'm just not into water cooler gossip.
    6. Make someone smile today :)
    7. Unplug, read and journal one hour before bed. :)

Well, let's try this again. I need to get those carbs and sugar numbers under control! I need also to get some exercise. Maybe I should try making myself go to the gym. Then after exercising, I could treat myself to a tanning session and a session in the massage chairs afterword. They are both free with my gym membership. Maybe that'd give me the incentive to go regularly? Hmmm. Food for thought anyway. I always feel better after I go. It's getting myself to go that's the hard part.

J4T - Tuesday
    1. Journal every single bite.
    2. Carbs under 75g, Sugar under 29g and fat under 50grams
    3. 80 oz water
    4. Gym tonight for 30 minutes of activity, then tan and massage session
    5. Mark at least 2 things off my To-Do list at work
    6. Pack tomorrow's lunch, tonight. Pre-log it.
    7. Make at least one person smile today
    8. Earbuds at work listening to nature sounds to remain focused
    9. Unplug, read and journal one hour before bed
    10. Get up 30 minutes earlier tomorrow

This week:
    2. File taxes
    3. Figure out April budget
    4. Pay bills
    5. Finish top of lap quilt I started by next Monday

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,057 Member
    @OConnell5483

Only 75g carbs per day?!

You might find it hard to get these under control, you say you had double the amount of carbs the day before, so approx 150.
    Aim for 75 but if you're over make sure it's less than 150, and then keep trying to get it down until you reach it!

That's how I do it because a sudden decrease I find terribly difficult!
  • PackerFanInGB
    @Bex953172 Yes, it is REALLY difficult!!! But it makes a huge difference in belly bloat for me. When I cut out the carbs, my stomach cooperates so much nicer with me! LOL.

I will consider anything less than 150 a win for me today! Good idea! When I tell myself I can't have something, it makes me want it even more!
  • azulvioleta6
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    @OConnell5483

Only 75g carbs per day?!

You might find it hard to get these under control, you say you had double the amount of carbs the day before, so approx 150.
    Aim for 75 but if you're over make sure it's less than 150, and then keep trying to get it down until you reach it!

That's how I do it because a sudden decrease I find terribly difficult!

I absolutely do not lose weight if I eat more than 75 G carbs/day...it's a health issue in my case, as I have five different metabolic diseases and my metabolism is beyond slow.

75G/day really isn't very restrictive, and sticking to it has nothing to do with how many carbs you ate the day before.

Planning and organization are the key.

I just had the most gorgeous, flavorful salad with home-canned tuna, gourmet Spanish olives from a local olive farm, homemade relish, greens and spring onions from my garden and a hard-boiled farm egg--total meal was 5 carbs and it was huge.
  • cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,354 Member
    JFT Tues:
    Log everything!
    Finish my fluids
    Vitamins
    Cutoff of 6pm eating - lay it out and once it's done that's it, no more munching
    Prep for tomorrow

I've put on at least 10 lbs recently, and am up 30 from this time last year. I'm trying to cut out excuses, procrastination and get back on that routine. I felt so much better without the weight, so much more energy, there are so many health reasons to just do it. There's something in my head that just shuts off and all my good intentions poof.
  • tristramtrent
    tristramtrent Posts: 257 Member
    Jft, pack a lunch, walk 10000 steps, play guitar, get some sleep for a change.
  • mary_clinton6
    mary_clinton6 Posts: 74 Member
    Results just for tuesday...
    1. Stay within my calorie limit again.- like 150 over not too bad.
    2. Eat a serving of vegetables--no, but I ate salad
    3. Stretch while at work tonight. Gotta keep doin it -- that and using my heating pad.

Ciao for now.
  • Bex953172
    @Bex953172 Yes, it is REALLY difficult!!! But it makes a huge difference in belly bloat for me. When I cut out the carbs, my stomach cooperates so much nicer with me! LOL.

I will consider anything less than 150 a win for me today! Good idea! When I tell myself I can't have something, it makes me want it even more!

I might try it with you as I get belly bloat too!!

Although I'll try on Thursday as we go shopping that day so I can pick up some salad stuff!
    If I try today i know I'll be hungry lol!
  • Bex953172
    Thank you to everyone for answering my question as well!
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    First day back at work today, after a month off! (Recovering from an operation).

Amazingly, I haven't really put any weight on (maybe 1.5 kg, but that's it) despite not moving much for the last month. Guess the office cake/booze culture undoes the exercise I normally do!

Today's commitments -
    - Log everything I eat
    - No unhealthy snacks
    - Stay within calories

- Go for short walk & meditate at lunch
    - Don't get sucked into work stress - maintain distance / chilled attitude
    - Listen to music at work
    - Finish life planning exercise

• dph118
    dph118 Posts: 89 Member
    This is my first day using MFP and I really like the idea of being accountable to someone!
  • dph118
    dph118 Posts: 89 Member
    I had actually written a much longer post, but it looks like it didn't show up. So, here's my story....
    I have been struggling with weight loss for a long time. I usually blame this on my health, which can make it difficult to get as much exercise as I would like. I am living in Germany and sometimes I feel like they don't ever eat vegetables here! They sure do like their potatoes though! I am a self-identified carboholic! I just started this using this program today and am hoping I can make some friends that will keep me motivated.

Today's goals:
    1. Drink 8 glasses of water
    2. Meet my calorie goal
    3. Meet my step goal
    4. Record everything I eat and drink
    5. Do one other physical activity today
    6. Do some sewing for stress relief

Will let you know how I do.
  • mary_clinton6
    mary_clinton6 Posts: 74 Member
    Just for wednesday:
    1. Drink 50 FL oz water. My intake sucked yesterday.
    2. Practice control
    3. Do some little exercise before work tonight.
    I'm off to snooze. Hope everyone is well!
  • Bex953172
    dph118 wrote: »
    I had actually written a much longer post, but it looks like it didn't show up. So, here's my story....
    I have been struggling with weight loss for a long time. I usually blame this on my health, which can make it difficult to get as much exercise as I would like. I am living in Germany and sometimes I feel like they don't ever eat vegetables here! They sure do like their potatoes though! I am a self-identified carboholic! I just started this using this program today and am hoping I can make some friends that will keep me motivated.

Will let you know how I do.

It's good to see you here :)
    We're a lovely bunch :sweat_smile:
    Accountability without the pressure!
    I live in the U.K. And I've been using MFP since Jan, today i started to watch my carb intake and I am SO hungry :cold_sweat:

You've got some great goals!
    So good luck! Keep posting and hopefully we'll all reach our target weights!!

• Bex953172
    @OConnell5483

I've had no carbs so far today! (It's 2.30pm)
    I'm so hungry

Howwwww do you survive
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,468 Member
    Yesterday T 4/4/17 - keeping it simple
    1) Eat fewer calories today than yesterday - Yes! In the red, but less than 100. :smile:
    2) Evening, remember to vote in spring election, and walk dog...rain/clouds are supposed to move off this afternoon - Yes, on way home from work just remembered to vote, and walked dog 3.21 miles :smiley:
    3) Floss - Yes Day 1 :smiley:
    4) Bedtime by 10:30 with TV off - Barely 10:29 then 15 minutes later, street sweeper came down our block and stopped for 2-3 minutes in front of the house, with all lights flashing and noisy engine running. So much for going to sleep on time. :#

Just for today W 4/5/17
    1) At happy hour with former colleagues, only one adult beverage and try to order something on the menu that won't blow up the daily calories - not sure I will have many good options
    2) Prep for next week's seminar
    3) Floss
    4) Bedtime by 10:30 with TV off