Just for Today ..... Daily Commitment Thread- Start of a new year!

Options

Replies

• cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,480 Member
    Options
    @joan6630 so glad you are feeling better!
  • KayHBE
    KayHBE Posts: 906 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    JFT
    - Get 12,500 steps in ** Made it
    - Make a healty lunch** yup
    - Be under cals** Just made it
    - Get SO out for another walk** It snowed AGAIN but we walked around a couple stores
    - Floss** yup
    - Buy grandson's FIRST Birthday gift!!** so excited
    - Save up calories for the cake and party foods on the weekend** this will be interesting

JFT

- Get 12,600 steps in
    - Pack lunch
    - Make cauliflower pizza with SO (Hes not as excited)
    - Walk outside if weather is good with SO
    - Check BP
    - Charge Fitbit

Cheers its Friday!!
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    ust for Thursday
    1. 64 oz water :)
    2. No processed junk food :( I need to really have a stern talk with myself. Really being sassy. Eating crap and feeling like crap.
    3. Remain on task at work to mark items off task list :) Doing really well with this on days I was here this week.
    4. Remain calm during stressful encounters today ;) Eh...pretty good. There is one person who just knows where to poke me to really make me cranky...
    5. Take an actual lunch break :( Yeah, that didn't happen.
    6. Notice the small things and take time to be grateful. :) Yes I did. Grateful for so many things this week.
    7. Read from Simple Abundance and write in journal :) Yep and yup.
    8. One hour unplugged before bed :) Better than normal, so I'm counting it as a win.

Just for Friday
    1. WATER!
    2. Stay within carbs goal
    3. Keep a smile on my face and in my heart as I move through the day.
    4. Patience. Practice patience when teaching the providers today.
    5. Mark at least 3 things off my to-do list that I have been meaning to get done but have not.
    6. Have a wonderful relaxing evening at home with my husband tonight. Friday nights are my favorite time of the week.

This month I will:

1. Look at stressors and determine what I can change, how I can change it and how to accept what can't be changed.
    2. Separate the reality of situation from my "story" of situation. Look at facts, not perception

Have a great weekend everyone!!!
  • TechNerd42
    TechNerd42 Posts: 225 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    linnea4 wrote: »
    Thursday:
    Go watch Logan with the kids tonight (assuming one does not get called into work and the other decides against spending another entire day on the couch playing Breath of the Wild) - son opted for video game, daughter joined me at the movies (and dinner) good time.
    Record everything - I did to the best of my ability.
    Eat out if the timing is right - it was right. :smile:
    Still aim for goal - went over a bit, but tolerably so.
    Do not crow too much about the raise I just received at work. (and find out how much was due to position change and how much was actual raise) - apparently I did better than others. And it did not include new position, but I don't anticipate much of an increase. More of a lateral move.

Not recording today. It's afternoon and I finally made it out to get food. Stated home from work because we finally got our new range in. (well, landlord's new range. It is pretty.) that said

JFT Friday:
    I will enjoy my day.
    I will go on a date
    I will not go overboard just because I'm not recording
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options

Thursday:
    1. Track all food :)
    2. under 100G carbs :)
    3. swim a mile :)
    4. 30-day ab challenge: 40 sit-ups, 20 crunches, 20 leg raises, 30 second plank :smiley:
    5. 10+ cups water :smiley: 17

Friday:
    1. Track all food
    2. 30-day ab challenge: rest day
    5. mambo night! dance at least two hours
    6. 10+ cups water
  • kirbygirl41
    kirbygirl41 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    3/9
    Steps 7000 :/
    Drink 32 ounces of water :)
    Log all food and stay under goal :)
    Read and study :/
    Check emails for work and send replies :)
    Grocery shop :)
    My 22 year old collage graduate has his first job interview tomorrow in his field of study. Praying it goes well. :):) His interview was a 9:00 by 4:30 he was offered the job! So excited that he will begin the next chapter of his life. (Although I won't be so excited the day he gets his new apartment and permanently moved out.)

3/9
    Steps 7000
    Drink 32 ounces of water
    Log all food and stay under goal
    Read and study
    Rest
  • shenna333
    shenna333 Posts: 100 Member
    Options

Just for today: Friday

Water 8- :(
    10000 steps- :)
    Try not to get too excited about getting off work, while I am still at work!- :o
    Don't have a blow out calorie day-wasn't a complete blow out, but wasn't exactly great work either...

Just for today: Saturday

Water?
    10000 steps
    Be content with the little things in life

I feel like I am struggling. I am still losing, and really proud of that. Think I need to add some variety. I wonder how on Earth will I be able to get and keep a healthy weight. Today should be a nice day for me. We are headed out to the St. Patrick's Day parade. Family, shopping, walking may just be the boost I need.

@OConnell5483 The reality vs perception is great. Really has me thinking. Not only for myself, but others perception as well.

@joan6630 So glad you are feeling better! Not the daffodils!! I just love them so much. Hope they survive.

Have a great weekend
  • TechNerd42
    TechNerd42 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    linnea4 wrote: »
    Friday:
    I will enjoy my day. - Yes. I did
    I will go on a date - Yes, and it was a good movie.
    I will not go overboard just because I'm not recording - eh . I think it went OK, although I should have had more water.

JFT Saturday:

Keep up the positivity.
    Clean some (company coming)
    Don't sweat the small stuff
    Try to record

• PackerFanInGB
    Options
    Just for Friday
    1. WATER! :) One day in a row! haha!
    2. Stay within carbs goal :s I didn't even bother keeping track of my food. I ate pure crap all day because I had to teach and didn't pack a lunch. So by the time I got home for supper, I was starving. Ate a bunch of Taco Bell food that made me feel actually sick to my stomach. Very disappointed in myself, actually.
    3. Keep a smile on my face and in my heart as I move through the day. :) I actually had a great day at work yesterday. Again, one day in a row! yea me! haha!
    4. Patience. Practice patience when teaching the providers today. :D I know I was successful in this because one of the providers I had in class actually wrote on my survey that he really appreciated how patient I was.
    5. Mark at least 3 things off my to-do list that I have been meaning to get done but have not. :) Yep, yep and yep.
    6. Have a wonderful relaxing evening at home with my husband tonight. Friday nights are my favorite time of the week. :) Stuffed ourselves in Taco Bell and watched movies all night. Was very nice, although I'm still mad at myself for the Nacho Grande I shoveled into my mouth.

Just for Saturday
    1. Make healthy food choices and journal every bite.
    2. Water. Increase water intake
    3. 30 minutes of either treadmill, walking outside or exercise DVD. Pick one and just do it.
    4. Be kind and patient. It isn't anyone else's fault that I am feeling stressed. Don't take it out on them.
    5. Be really PRESENT with my husband today. Enjoy the day. It is a gift.
    6. Forgive myself for falling off the wagon diet-wise and just hop right back on today. New start. Every day is a new beginning!
    7. Be grateful. Take time to stop and just be grateful for all the things I take for granted.

This month I will:
    1. Look at stressors and determine what can be changed, how to change it, and accept things out of my control.
    2. Separate the "reality" from my "story" of situation. Look at facts, not perception.

HAPPY SATURDAY everyone! I sure do appreciate all of you, and I sure do look forward to checking in and seeing your notes every day. :smile:
  • kirbygirl41
    edited March 2017
    Options
    3/9
    Steps 7000 :) 9000
    Drink 32 ounces of water :)
    Log all food and stay under goal :)
    Read and study :)
    Rest :)

My fat pant jeans are getting to baggy!!! I may need to put them away. Not sure if my skinniest jeans fit yet. I still have to tone up some more in my hips.

Thanks again for this great accountability group!

3/10
    Steps 7000
    Drink 32 ounces of water
    Read and study
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,480 Member
    Options
    Yesterday TGIF 3/10/17
    1) Decline bday cake at office celebration this afternoon - Yes :smile:
    2) Meditate in afternoon - No, too busy clearing out email backlog and files
    3) Evening, complete at least 3 items on to-do list (nothing major b/c it's Friday!) - Yes 3 done and 2 started :smile:
    4) Floss & apply cream before bed - Yes, finally remembered and did both! :smile:

Saturday:
    * morning - winter market & walk dog - yes and yes, walked dog 3 miles in 19F and nippy wind = cold but we did it! And with walking around at market in morning and evening event, Fitbit > 14,000 steps! :smiley:
    * afternoon - spend time with hubby, choir sings at service (remember to be there 4:40) - yes and yes :smile:
    * At evening charity event, do not lose control with eating / drinking...will be hard to do, since it's "Beer & Biscuits" (beer/wine tasting plus food) in support of local no-kill animal shelter. And no, I'm not going to even attempt to log food for this event -- did ok, but sure I am on sugar overload tonight, there were so many sweets to try! Not counting the beer and wine samples I had. On the bright side, EVERYTHING was a "taste of" sample size, sometimes only one bite or two swallows. Had a great time with friends, saw more friends there, visited all the silent auction tables / bid, and that kept me from sampling further. And we helped the animals. :smile:

Just for Sunday 3/12/17
    1) Drink 10 glasses of water (why is this harder for me at home on weekends?)
    2) Walk dog (maybe go longer route?)
    3) Spend time with hubby instead of doing "my own thing"
    4) Floss and apply cream before bed
    5) Bedtime by 10:30 (will seem early with time change)
  • shenna333
    shenna333 Posts: 100 Member
    Options

Just for today: Saturday

Water?- :# just a sip or two lol
    10000 steps-barely
    Be content with the little things in life- :)

Great day out of town. Both my girls and all the littles made it to the parade. Had dinner with Dad, which I don't do nearly enough of. Bought me some new shoes for walking and work. Put some spring in my step ;) Amazes me how fast those calories can add up when eating out. Thankful I didn't cave and do pasta.

Just for today:Sunday

Enjoy my day
    Be thankful
    Actually get some crap done
    Stretching? Feel so much better when I do this on the regular

Have a great day!

• PackerFanInGB
    Options
    Just for Saturday
    1. Make healthy food choices and journal every bite. :)
    2. Water. Increase water intake :)
    3. 30 minutes of either treadmill, walking outside or exercise DVD. Pick one and just do it. :(
    4. Be kind and patient. It isn't anyone else's fault that I am feeling stressed. Don't take it out on them. :)
    5. Be really PRESENT with my husband today. Enjoy the day. It is a gift. :)
    6. Forgive myself for falling off the wagon diet-wise and just hop right back on today. New start. Every day is a new beginning! :)
    7. Be grateful. Take time to stop and just be grateful for all the things I take for granted. :)

The kids took me out this morning for brunch buffet to celebrate my upcoming birthday. So, of course, I went overboard and ate WAY too much food. So, I'm already in trouble there. However, I will journal even though I'm sure I'm over all my counts and cals today.

Just for Sunday
    1. Journal every bite - be accountable.
    2. Increase water intake
    3. Get some form of exercise today
    4. Meal Plan for next week
    5. Grocery shop - healthy foods
    6. Prep veggies for the week to munch on
    7. Find some quiet time to either rest or meditate
    8. Start my Simple Abundance... workbook/projects
    9. Be grateful and really take time to notice the small things

This month I will:
    9. Look at stressors and determine what can be changed, how to change it, and accept things out of my control.
    10. Separate the "reality" from my "story" of situation. Look at facts, not perception.

• knittinggirl5040
    knittinggirl5040 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Just for today, I logged my food, exercised for 30 minutes, and meditated for 15 minutes. Just for today i am taking care of myself. :)
  • kirbygirl41
    Options
    3/11
    Steps 7000 :/
    Drink 32 ounces of water :/
    Log all food and stay under goal :/
    Read and study :)

Ok I didn't do very well with making my goals. I wasn't over much on the calories. Just not in a weight lose zone. Why are weekends so hard to be disciplined?

3/12
    Steps 7000
    Drink 32 ounces of water
    Read and study
    Laundry. (One more time at my friends house.)