Just for Today ..... Daily Commitment Thread- Start of a new year!

Options

Replies

• cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    Yesterday R 3/30/17
    1) Food for today is pre-logged / stick with plan - No, changed dinner slightly b/c of ingredients on hand, and had popcorn snack in evening, not pre-logged. Calories almost 300 in the red, not helped by skipping the treadmill.
    2) Work on updates of financials at lunchtime - Yes, made progress! :smile:
    3) Walk 1.75 miles on treadmill after choir rehearsal (with rain/snow mix, skipping workplace spring hike at lunch) - No...had popcorn watching TV and Kitty again curled up on my lap for a nap. I didn't move after that. :s
    4) Floss - keep it going! Yes Day 5 :smiley:
    5) Bedtime by 10:30 w/o TV - Yes 10:14 :smile:

Just for today F 3/31/17
    1) Food is (mostly) pre-logged...homemade spaghetti tonight (carb-loading for 10K tomorrow morning) but measure portions!
    2) Pick up race packets for self and brother, get clothes ready for Sat. a.m.
    3) If weather improves by evening (per weatherman), maybe a short walk around neighborhood with dog
    4) Floss...doing so good :wink:
    5) Bedtime by 10:30 w/o TV...need to be ready when brother and SIL arrive 8 a.m.
  • cschmitz110515
    Options
    wendyron3 wrote: »
    JFT goals for Friday- exersize, stay on plan and drink more water. Any suggestions on how to get water in would be helpful. For some reason it's pretty hard for me.

Google "water recipes"...there's lots of options!
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,069 Member
    Options
    ...then had mcdonalds which tasted gross but sounded good when tipsy... and now I'm 1,000 over my calorie limit.
    Le sigh.

I've done this! Omg lol
    I had it when sober though!!

And then I thought oh it won't be THAT bad.

I ate my whole daily allowance in one McDonald's meal.
    Gutted.

There's nothing wrong with having a treat one day, just make sure you absolutely beast it the next day and you'll feel good again
  • mary_clinton6
    mary_clinton6 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    ...then had mcdonalds which tasted gross but sounded good when tipsy... and now I'm 1,000 over my calorie limit.
    Le sigh.

I've done this! Omg lol
    I had it when sober though!!

And then I thought oh it won't be THAT bad.

I ate my whole daily allowance in one McDonald's meal.
    Gutted.

There's nothing wrong with having a treat one day, just make sure you absolutely beast it the next day and you'll feel good again

@Bex953172 lol , ive done it plenty times sober too. today will be good!!!
  • Bex953172
    Options
    Goals for Fri
    - Get in the green today - yep but only because I skipped lunch! Oops!
    - Do a workout - nooo too tired
    - Drink 3 glasses of water - yes I think I have

Going to post tomorrow's goals in the morning, far too tired

March Goals
    Current Weight: 12st 6lb
    Target Weight: 10st 7lb
    Lbs to lose this month: 4

Motto for March
    Strive for progress, not perfection.

• asclepsia
    asclepsia Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    @wendyron3;39214281"]JFT goals for Friday- exersize, stay on plan and drink more water. Any suggestions on how to get water in would be helpful. For some reason it's pretty hard for me.
    As another person mentioned on this thread, drinking water that has been infused with lemons, oranges, or other combos enhance the flavor, and you want to drink more. I've made an infusion with oranges slices, a sprig of basil and a handful of halved grapes. It's really good; infusion with oranges in it last two days, sometimes three. There are all kinds of combinations to try. Good luck.
  • dwntwn5
    dwntwn5 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    wendyron3 wrote: »
    JFT goals for Friday- exersize, stay on plan and drink more water. Any suggestions on how to get water in would be helpful. For some reason it's pretty hard for me.

I third the suggestions of adding things to your water. My go-to is cucumber. I also use Kool-Aid Tropical Punch water flavor drops. They're expensive but oh. so. good!
  • dwntwn5
    dwntwn5 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    JFT - Friday
    - Stay within daily calorie goal - As long as I stop eating and drinking right now! Kitchen is closed!
    - drink more water during the day (this week I've fallen off the water wagon) - Ugh. Sadly, no. Didn't crack open my Swell until almost 2!
    - eat my veggies for lunch (stealing from others on this thread) - Double ugh. They were brought home again...

Tomorrow's a new day!
  • susanrobison32
    susanrobison32 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm going to plan my meals tomorrow. Get to the grocery store early so I don't lose the motivation. I'll find a new recipe to try.
    The kids have been gone all week and I've missed them so I'm going to spend some time loving them(yes I know they will ruin it by getting in a fight) but I might get a min or two where everyone is happy
  • cschmitz110515
    Options
    Updates for F 3/31/17
    1) Food is (mostly) pre-logged...homemade spaghetti tonight (carb-loading for 10K tomorrow morning) but measure portions! Yes, calories in the green today. :smile:
    2) Pick up race packets for self and brother, get clothes ready for Sat. a.m. Yes :smile:
    3) If weather improves by evening (per weatherman), maybe a short walk around neighborhood with dog - No, spent evening washing dishes, decluttering and picking up house.
    4) Floss...doing so good :wink: Yes Day 6 :smiley:
    5) Bedtime by 10:30 w/o TV...need to be ready when brother and SIL arrive 8 a.m. - Nope, but I can take a nap on Saturday

Just for Sat. 4/1/17
    1) Walk in 10K event in less time than last year
    2) Update March monthly goals and set goals for April

Have a great weekend, everyone! B)
  • mary_clinton6
    mary_clinton6 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    dwntwn5 wrote: »
    JFT - Friday
    - drink more water during the day (this week I've fallen off the water wagon) - Ugh. Sadly, no. Didn't crack open my Swell until almost 2!

@dwntwn5 put sticky notes up around you're home, bag, and workplace / place you'll be to remind you to drink water.. or set an alarm on your phone to take a drink every hour. I know it's hard to get into the routine.
  • lynmac54
    lynmac54 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    @mary_clinton6 "My steps aren't always counted since I don't always have my phone on me"

I just figured out today that I can add steps to my phone. So when I don't have it with me, I'm still counting steps so I can add them later on. Works great!
  • Bex953172
    Options

I'd say my goals were pretty much accomplished. Big news.. I only had 1 cookie and 1 serving of pudding at the buffet. How on earth I managed that with my major sweet tooth, not sure except it as hard! I then hit the gym and did my laundry tonight after teaching mason how to play monopoly junior.

I'm beat. But I'm proud.

You should be proud!
    You managed not to indulge because you want to reach your weight loss goal more than you wanted the sweet treats!!

Wel done for completing them all!
  • Bex953172
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Goals for Sat
    - Be in the green today
    - Do a workout, new floorings down so gonna see if I can still workout as good
    - Drink 4 glasses of water
    - Go to the tip (carpet's in the car so no excuses!)

March Goals
    Current Weight: 12st 6lb
    Target Weight: 10st 7lb
    Lbs to lose this month: 4
    ^^^^ - weigh in day tomorrow so will update for April then! Don't think I've lost anything tbh!

Motto for March
    Strive for progress, not perfection.

• asclepsia
    asclepsia Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Goals for Saturday--April 1:
    Get house cleaned--esp. kitchen and bedroom
    Clear papers off the floor-LOL
    Order MIke and Toby's anniversary gift
    Laundry--2 loads
    Email tax preparer about changes
    Walk--30"-- outside if it doesn't rain
    Dinner at 5:00 with friends--uh oh
  • shenna333
    shenna333 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Just for today: Friday

8 glasses of water- :( too much coffee I think. I've noticed I drink way less when I drink more coffee
    Keep it together!!!- :)

Well today's plans are shot. The littlest baby Emma turns 2. What a good natured child. Love her to pieces. Planned a day out in Denver for the family, but the weather is crappy. Grandson's soccer game cancelled. Not sure what we will do...

Just for today: Saturday

Think about goals for April

Have a great day!!
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,197 Member
    Options
    Happy 1st day of April everyone! I love a new month ..... a fresh start ....