Just for Today ..... Daily Commitment Thread- Start of a new year!

Options

Replies

• cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,480 Member
    Options
    Yesterday M 3/6/17, had in-house training for the entire morning. Due to budget constraints, no refreshments provided except water. Therefore, no temptation! Head cold seems to be a little improved. For the rest of today:
    1) Walk 10,000 steps, including treadmill in evening - Yes treadmill 1.5 miles and Fitbit >11,500 steps :smiley:
    2) Floss...with cold, my streak ended over weekend - Yes :smiley:
    3) Bedtime by 10:30 with TV off - Yes :smile:

Just for today T 3/7/17 Head cold definitely ending quickly = yay! Will spend entire afternoon doing Observation for work project = lots of sitting today.
    1) Walk 10,000 steps...evening, walk dog if weather cooperates, or treadmill
    2) Evening, wash dishes and either organize tax docs or work on financial analysis (this is time sensitive!)
    3) Floss
    4) Bedtime by 10:30 (getting good at keeping TV off on weekdays)
  • KayHBE
    KayHBE Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    JFT Tuesday

- 12,100 steps
    - walk at lunch
    - walk home from work
    - stay in calories SO is home and making dinner, get him to measure for me
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options
    kwfitgal wrote: »
    JFT 7 March Tuesday:
    1. Log all and keep w/i cal limits
    2. 3 pints water/tea
    3. Start abs challenge ( @azulvioleta6 --I think I found what you are doing--seems simple and "stick-to-able" so I'm going to try it! Thanks for the idea!)
    4. Peacefulness!!!

Word for March: Still working on Unshakeable !

It is this...I have a friend who is a fitness trainer who is doing videos on Facebook every day for the challenge.

bjtai2dnlxfy.jpg
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    :)
  • bri150lbs
    bri150lbs Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Hey bri, are you over or under active? It's hell getting it right!
    When I get pregnant mine goes haywire and then takes a while to settle post pregnancy!

Glad to hear you're on the right track x

It's great to meet you Bex!

I have low thyroid. Not fun, but I'm trying to get it figured out.
  • bri150lbs
    Options

I have been in a dark place lately and have not been doing any of the things I know I should be doing. Why do I sabotage myself? I know I feel better without sugar in my diet, and that lots of water makes me feel better. I know that journaling helps me keep a positive attitude. So, why have I spent the last week eating Girl Scout cookies and shoving crappy food in my mouth...not drinking water or journaling? UGH.

I have to pull myself together beginning today. So I'm going to keep it simple.

Hey, have you been peeking at my life.....?
    :smiley:

Don't give up! You can do it!
  • bri150lbs
    Options
    So many people here with colds. I'm so sorry and hope you will all feel better quickly!

Gee, I hope nobody sneezed on their posts! Then we would all be sick! :wink:

It's great to see lots of friends from the past AND lots of new friends!

Have a great day on Wednesday!

• shenna333
    shenna333 Posts: 100 Member
    Options

Just for today: Tuesday

Water 8 glasses :)
    10000 steps :)
    Stay at or under cals :)
    Focus!! Knock some things off to do list :)

Worked out good, think I will ride with that...

Just for today: Wednesday

Water 8 glasses
    10000 steps
    Stay at or under cals
    Focus!! Knock some things off to do list
    Stay calm under stress

Crush it today ladies!!!
  • kirbygirl41
    kirbygirl41 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    3/7
    Steps 7000 :)
    Exercise video :/
    Drink 32 ounces of water :)
    Log all food and stay under goal :)
    Read and study. :/
    Relax and enjoy my actual birthday. (Family celebrated on Sunday with me because today they all have work and school) :)

3/7
    Steps 7000
    Drink 32 ounces of water
    Log all food and stay under goal
    Read and study.
    Get some more laundry done at a friends. Hopefully order my replacement washing machine this afternoon.
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,480 Member
    Options
    Yesterday T 3/7/17 - Head cold definitely ending quickly = yay! Spent entire afternoon doing Observation for work project = lots of sitting Tuesday.
    1) Walk 10,000 steps...evening, walk dog if weather cooperates, or treadmill - Yes...very windy continued and showers moved in, so treadmill, this time 1.75 miles & Fitbit steps >12,000 :smiley:
    2) Evening, wash dishes and either organize tax docs or work on financial analysis (this is time sensitive!) - dishes Yes, rest No...I did other minor chores around house instead. But I cannot keep putting off the taxes and financial stuff!
    3) Floss - Yes :smiley:
    4) Bedtime by 10:30 (getting good at keeping TV off on weekdays) - Guess I jinxed myself...Not in bed until 11 then watched Jeopardy recording

Just for today W 3/8/17 - going to be a busy day with Inquiry portion of work project in morning, project write-ups to complete, late afternoon board meeting, happy hour with former colleagues, and Lenten service at church
    1) Walk at least 25 flights of stairs
    2) Limit myself to one drink at happy hour; research menu online before going and aim for healthy(ish) option
    3) Floss...keep it going!
    4) Bedtime by 10:30 with TV off...clearly this is not a given with me
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,205 Member
    Options
    Tuesday
    1. log all food :)
    2. drink water :)
    3. rest, and get rid of this cold!! :)

JFT, wed
    1. try and get out to the grocery store. I have been cooped up in the house for 2 weeks. Hopefully feel good enough for a quick trip to the store
    2. sit outside on the patio and soak in some sunshine
    3. log all food
    4. drink water
    5. take it easy and rest. This is by far the worse cold/flu I have ever gotten. Getting so frustrated!
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options

Tuesday:
    1. Finish pre-tracking exercise for the week :)
    2. Track all food :)
    3. under 100G carbs :)
    4. 60 minutes Zumba :( decided that I needed sleep more!
    5. one 15-minute weight circuit :(
    6. 30-day ab challenge: 30 situps, 12 crunches, 12 leg raises, 20 second plank :)
    7. 10+ cups water :)
    8. go to bed early...have to get up at 5AM on Wednesday! :)

1. Finish pre-tracking exercise for the week
    2. Track all food
    3. under 100G carbs
    4. cardio/weight workout and/or bad Zumba (the Wednesday instructor DOES NOT get Latin dance at all)
    5. 30-day ab challenge: 35 situps, 15 crunches, 15 leg raises, 25 second plank
    6. 10+ cups water
  • KayHBE
    KayHBE Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    JFT Tuesday

- 12,100 steps- yes
    - walk at lunch - yes
    - walk home from work -yes
    - stay in calories SO is home and making dinner, get him to measure for me -yes

JFT Wednesday

- Go to dentist
    - No lunch time walk so try very best to get steps in
    - Tell SO how appreciative I am of his support
    - Floss... lol
    - Stay under calorie goals and enjoy a nice dinner made by SO

Back to full on walking tomorrow... I got this!
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Bri: Thank you for your support! It's been just terrible lately. I'm usually pretty upbeat person so this is really getting old.. :smile:

@linnea4: "Do not sing out loud at work" This made me laugh out loud at work and almost spit my coffee all over my desk! I have done this when wearing earbuds and listening to music without realizing it. OMG, my voice just sucks too! hahaha!

I was sitting through a trial on a jury for the last few days, so I have really not been on here or doing well. We are locked in a room and can't go get anything to eat, and they bring us donuts...you can fill in the blanks from there I'm sure! UGH.

So, tomorrow is a new start. I'm leaving work right now so I will post my goals for tomorrow when I get home.

Just wanted to pop in and say hello and that I'm thinking of you all and hoping everyone is hanging in there!
  • shenna333
    shenna333 Posts: 100 Member
    Options

Just for today: Wednesday

Water 8 glasses :)
    10000 steps :)
    Stay at or under cals- not even close
    Focus!! Knock some things off to do list :s
    Stay calm under stress :)

Not a stellar day. Did manage to get a walk in. Went for a pie date with some ladies from work. Turned into dinner as well. Too many cals earlier in the day. Not very exciting, but keeping the same goals.

Just for today: Thursday

Water 8 glasses
    10000 steps
    Stay at or under cals
    Focus!! Knock some things off to do list
    Stay calm under stress

Hoping to get out for a long walk today. Have a great day!!