The PED questions I get

Replies

• BHFF
    BHFF Posts: 421 Member
    Seant456 wrote: »
    Cracks me up when people say oh I could get that big on steroids too... and I'm like no you couldn't!! steroids don't make you big they enhance the environment for better muscle growth i.e. Better protein synthesis inside the muscle fibers... you still gotta put in the work have good genetics eat right train right ext... if that was the case everyone could be a pro bodybuilder... and if ya use them cool if ya don't cool who cares... but it's always the dumb *kitten* that thinks pumping 500mg of some crap he got from a guy at the gym is a smart move, and walks around in a constant roid rage that gives it all a bad name...

Completely agree with you. You are 100% correct on this. I have two videos on my YouTube channel talking about this exact thing. People just assume you can inject, sit on the couch and you grow muscle. It's not like that at all, it's not even close.
    Hardwork at the gym, constant dedication on your diet is what get you results
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    BHFF wrote: »
    Why'd you bring it up?

Because I have many people who think my pictures are fake first and foremost and secondly because people hint around me being on steroids. So I thought I would set the facts straight so people would stop asking me questions and stop saying I'm fake
    I get "accused" of steroid use occasionally. I LFMAO because they should hang out a hardcore gym and compare me next to the guys who do. The gulf between me and the accuser is larger than between me and an enhanced bodybuilder. Besides, I compete in a tested federation.

Hey look at it this way, at least you are not being accused of synthol use.
    Something I would never try to be honest with you. Snythol just seems so fake it to me. It's like putting implants and it's beyond cheating. I do appreciate the fact that even though you are in a tested Federation and you still are not a user. They're always around the tests as you know so it's refreshing to see someone who is actually competing on a fair level.
    Synthol might be the worst thing since, well, since anything.

I never had really any desire to use steroids when I started my training career 28 years ago.

I was still getting laid. lol
    LMAO body dismorphia is why I started and yes it's 100 % real as I'm sure you know
    Yeah I've struggled with it myself, but mildly.
  • BHFF
    Why'd you bring it up?

Because I have many people who think my pictures are fake first and foremost and secondly because people hint around me being on steroids. So I thought I would set the facts straight so people would stop asking me questions and stop saying I'm fake
    I get "accused" of steroid use occasionally. I LFMAO because they should hang out a hardcore gym and compare me next to the guys who do. The gulf between me and the accuser is larger than between me and an enhanced bodybuilder. Besides, I compete in a tested federation.

Hey look at it this way, at least you are not being accused of synthol use.
    Something I would never try to be honest with you. Snythol just seems so fake it to me. It's like putting implants and it's beyond cheating. I do appreciate the fact that even though you are in a tested Federation and you still are not a user. They're always around the tests as you know so it's refreshing to see someone who is actually competing on a fair level.
    Synthol might be the worst thing since, well, since anything.

I never had really any desire to use steroids when I started my training career 28 years ago.

I was still getting laid. lol
    LMAO body dismorphia is why I started and yes it's 100 % real as I'm sure you know
    Yeah I've struggled with it myself, but mildly.

I struggle with it daily
  • IVMay
    IVMay Posts: 442 Member
    Seant456 wrote: »
    Cracks me up when people say oh I could get that big on steroids too... and I'm like no you couldn't!! steroids don't make you big they enhance the environment for better muscle growth i.e. Better protein synthesis inside the muscle fibers... you still gotta put in the work have good genetics eat right train right ext... if that was the case everyone could be a pro bodybuilder... and if ya use them cool if ya don't cool who cares... but it's always the dumb *kitten* that thinks pumping 500mg of some crap he got from a guy at the gym is a smart move, and walks around in a constant roid rage that gives it all a bad name...

Completely agree with you. You are 100% correct on this. I have two videos on my YouTube channel talking about this exact thing. People just assume you can inject, sit on the couch and you grow muscle. It's not like that at all, it's not even close.
    Hardwork at the gym, constant dedication on your diet is what get you results

Many studies show significant increases in lean body mass: Even for those who literally do NOTHING. You can literally sit on the couch and increase muscle density. Obviously not as much as if you worked out on it.

Also a lot of users neglect to mention that the 'hard work' issue is not really as much of an issue in comparison to natural lifting due to the gains,pain blocking and extra reps possible through the oxygen carrying. Same with the recovery stages being far easier to get through. Same with protein synthesis

Yes it still requires going to the gym and working your *kitten* off. But the fact that you have an easier time and see the psychological gains as an immediate 'reward' is another issue all together. It's a nice feeling to literally see yourself transform then and there; and therefore comes the addictive nature of it that you want more and more - like any high or drug.

Test has even show to lower anxiety and help with all manner of confidence issues. No wonder people get hooked on it.

It's great news that you're off all that shite - but even if you were to ever go on it or use it or even if people say you're on it now: so what. Not their business. If they want to hate that's up to them. Personally: it's none of my business. If I was to look at you with those pictures I would have guessed you were using just by the vascularity and 3d look that your delts have which normally most naturals don't - but that could be genetic or you might be pumped up during those pictures. Most naturals have the 'grasshopper' look if you know what I mean, lol and only look 3d during pumped up states. Thing is - that vascularity could have been because of previous cycles and you just happen to be pumped to high heaven so I say: don't stress about haters. Keep doing what you're doing - and if people go out of their way to hate on you it means you're doing something RIGHT :)
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Let's set the record straight since so many people either comment or write me accusing me of being on steroids so my advice is to others is worthless.
    Have I done steroids.... yep! Not ashamed or afraid to admit it.
    With that being said, I am not on a cycle nor have I been for almost 2 years now. And I won't go on them again.
    The sterotype bothers me only in the fact people assume I know nothing about nutrition, exercise or anything to do with fitness because of my usage. You all couldn't be more wrong.

I could care less about you using or have used or anything like that.

Having said that, it's incredibly ironic that you have an issue with caffeine and "chemicals" but you don't have an issue with steroids given we have a lot more data on the safety of the former.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    http://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJM199607043350101#t=articleResults

lify48sm6c61.jpeg

Note that the non exercise group given steroids showed a significant increase to lean mass
  • BHFF
    SideSteel wrote: »

lify48sm6c61.jpeg

Note that the non exercise group given steroids showed a significant increase to lean mass

If you have never been on steroids before that I don't want to hear your opinion. There is no such thing as a miracle drug. There are so many variables within the study you showed. What were their diets like the non steroid users the steroid users the exercisers the none exercisers? It doesn't say.
  • BHFF

lify48sm6c61.jpeg

If you have never been on steroids before that I don't want to hear your opinion. There is no such thing as a miracle drug. There are so many variables within the study you showed. What were their diets like the non steroid users the steroid users the exercisers the none exercisers? It doesn't say.

You're free to disregard any opinion of mine you'd like, but I haven't stated an opinion in the post you're quoting. I shared a controlled study. This study is not my opinion, it is a study.

Note: Strength measures in the non exercise group went up. Meaning, steroids increased their strength without them doing any lifting at all.

You Chose one study, I'm sure there are hundreds of studies, you specifically chose one that fits your argument. Within that study there is no information showing diet. That is a big problem for me considering diet has more of a factor on body composition than working out does
  • leajas1
    leajas1 Posts: 823 Member
    If someone uses steroids, then stops, are they able to maintain the muscle they gained (presuming they continued to lift heavy and meet protein minimums) or will the automatically lose some muscle? Just curious.
  • BHFF
    leajas1 wrote: »
    If someone uses steroids, then stops, are they able to maintain the muscle they gained (presuming they continued to lift heavy and meet protein minimums) or will the automatically lose some muscle? Just curious.

Regardless of what other people might tell you you truly end up losing the majority of your gains. Some people say you lose all of them that is a fallacy.
    If you continue to hit the gym with the same intensity that you did while on a cycle and you continue a healthy diet and do your PCT you can maintain some gains yes.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member

If the drugs cause a level of development about your genetic potential then yes once they are out of the system, those gains will go.
  • BHFF

If the drugs cause a level of development about your genetic potential then yes once they are out of the system, those gains will go.

Not all of them are lost that is a fallacy
  • BrianKMcFalls
    BrianKMcFalls Posts: 190 Member

Regardless of what other people might tell you you truly end up losing the majority of your gains. Some people say you lose all of them that is a fallacy.
    If you continue to hit the gym with the same intensity that you did while on a cycle and you continue a healthy diet and do your PCT you can maintain some gains yes.

Isn't this statement contrary to the argument you just spent the last page making: that steroids aren't a miracle drug, they just allow you to train harder. So if gains on steroids are impossible without proper training and diet, why would stopping their use but continued training and diet result in lost gains?
  • BHFF

Isn't this statement contrary to the argument you just spent the last page making: that steroids aren't a miracle drug, they just allow you to train harder. So if gains on steroids are impossible without proper training and diet, why would stopping their use but continued training and diet result in lost gains?

They are not a miracle drug in the fact that you cannot just inject then sit on your *kitten* and expect to have an incredible physique. There is no miracle drug, there is no miracle 10 minute workout routine there is no miracle 15 Day diet to lose pounds. Consistency, consistency, consistency is the secret. Each day, every day getting all of your meals in, hitting the gym with intensity Rep after rep.
    Unless you have used steroids your self and then have come off of steroids then you don't have the knowledge or the experience to tell others that gains are possible by just sitting on the couch and doing nothing.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,481 Member
    ninerbuff wrote: »

My moto is this. If you can't admit you are on them or have taken them, then you shouldn't be doing them. It's really that simple.
    I wouldn't go that far. There are some people that do HRT because of previous cancer treatments and I don't believe they need to disclose that they are on them.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

I don't believe that anyone needs to justify it at all. The only ones who do annoy me are the outright liars. Didn't Phil Heath swear he was natural at some point? *kitten* please. You don't end up looking like a pregnant Belgian Blue without running some serious cycles.

None of those can admit doing an illegal drug with all the sponsors paying them
    Lol, and everyone in their right mind with decent knowledge KNOWS they are on PED's, yet buy the supplements that these competitors use (because of sponsorship) thinking it's going to help get them the same physique. Hahaha.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,481 Member

Depends on dosage IMO. I have a client who decided to do a cycle. Only 200mg a week. He's been off for 3 weeks now and "new" strength and size haven't diminished yet.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

• trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member

Not all of them are lost that is a fallacy

Not all of them are lost but the ones above your genetic potential will, as I stated.
This discussion has been closed.