Can you still drink DIET pepsi or coke while on a diet?

Options

Replies

• adeleloftus
    adeleloftus Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I prefer not to have coke or Pepsi due to the caffeine and pains after tho they do make sugar free drinks including cordial and the kirks have a few ☺
  • karenzehob
    karenzehob Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I noticed that Diet Coke/Pepsi made me crave sweets
  • crazyycatlady1
    crazyycatlady1 Posts: 292 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Harbin2017 wrote: »
    I don't drink them at all. And i don't miss them. Everybody here is for the long haul i guess and talks about lifestyle change to achieve weightloss and then maintain it. But apparently ppl are still eating/drinking bad as long as its in calorie goal. While it won't affect weightloss it is proven that soda and some artificial sweeteners are not good for your health. Plus it does cause cravings for some people. Junk food and soda are, in my opinion, first things to ditch if you are truly commited to a change.

I'm in maintenance and have consistent, excellent blood work panels (I get them done twice a year), and I drink diet soda every day/use artificial sweetener. I'm at the best health I've ever been, and my doctor is very pleased with all my health markers.

And no, diet soda doesn't cause cravings for me, and in fact it helps curb them.
  • bagge72
    bagge72 Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    Yes, but I would avoid the ones with aspartame as they have been shown to raise blood sugar and end up leaving your hungrier than you would have been otherwise. If anyone wants a source, Google is your friend. I care enough to add my 2 cents to this conversation but rarely do I care enough about a discussion on the internet to put in actual work.

Tell that to the diabetics that get to use it because it's 0 on the glycemic index. They would probably die or something crazy would happen to them if this were true.
  • RachelElser
    RachelElser Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    I drink Coke Zero, so sure, why not?
  • IVMay
    IVMay Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    LOL. Just LOL.
    I'm in the sweetener camp. Diet drinks all the way. Prefer Pepsi Max to Coke Zero, though. Mind you that new formula taste is a good improvement with the zero.
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    I wonder how sweetener would raise your blood glucose. Where would that glucose come from even?
  • raygunn_viola
    raygunn_viola Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    cherry diet pepsi! SO GOOD!
  • rberhannanii
    rberhannanii Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I love to drink coke or pepsi, is it okay to drink it still while dieting? It has 0 calories so it won't add anything to my calorie deficit.

Any soda is bad. The chemicals they put in to make it zero calorie is just as dangerous as drinking a regular soda.
  • kclaar11
    kclaar11 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I love to drink coke or pepsi, is it okay to drink it still while dieting? It has 0 calories so it won't add anything to my calorie deficit.

Any soda is bad. The chemicals they put in to make it zero calorie is just as dangerous as drinking a regular soda.

Just...no
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,578 Member
    Options
    Is it true that the body cannot metabolize sugar so the sugars from the coke will turn into fat?
    No. The body metabolizes sugar fine. There is NO SUGAR in diet drinks. Fat accumulates when you consume more energy than you burn regardless of source.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options

Personally I prefer Coke zero. :)
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,578 Member
    Options
    Yes you can drink anything that will fit in your calorie goal. You ca even go over if you want, but your rate of loss will slow down.

Btw your profile picture is a model that I would always see in promotions for Chinese mechandise right now the product being modeled is the necklace.

I bought items from the merchant before, so I've seen that picture all over the site. Not sure if you know it's a copyrighted image... unless you're claiming to be the model in question... just a little FYI.

LOL don't kill me this girl thinks I'm using a fake picture???? Come send me the site my girl, I would love to see it

https://translate.google.com.au/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&u=http://soraouji.com/Tags/%E3%83%B4%E3%82%A7%E3%82%A4%E3%83%B3%E3%83%86%E3%82%A3%E3%82%B7%E3%83%B3%E3%82%B3&prev=search
    Hasn't been back since she's been outed.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    I confess. I'm not really a deer.

I.....am not a confused snake, either.

I am confused, but I am enjoying the popcorn carb-up.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    kavahni wrote: »
    Google "artificial sweeteners and obesity." You will find all sorts of well-conducted and documented studies tying AS to obesity and diabetes. Not exactly the outcome you are after.

If you Google you will find many studies regarding artificial sweeteners and obesity. When you read the actual studies, you will not that not one of them actually finds a definitive link.

If you Google, you'll come up with links to Authority Nutrition (junk science site), Mercola (crackpot pseudoscientist), Dr. Axe (another tinfoil hat hack), etc. - all of which will give you a headache from rolling your eyes so much, but none of which have anything to do with the actual science regarding artificial sweeteners.

Examine.com, which is an unbiased, evidence-based site, does a good job of laying out the science here and also explaining correlation vs. causation. They also link to relevant studies (as they always do): https://examine.com/nutrition/is-diet-soda-bad-for-you/
    Amazing.