5'5" Woman Goal Weight?

Options
1235»

Replies

• spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,676 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and medium framed but with strong muscular legs. I think I look best at 130-135'. When I am under 130 my upper body is really bony (i.e. no breasts and count all the ribs bony).
  • rhiawiz57
    rhiawiz57 Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    i'm 5'5" and large framed/muscular and look great between 150-160. I set my goal for 155, which is the very tippy top of a weight chart i saw for large boned women of my height (i cannot touch my thumb and finger together when around my wrist and so i actually do have large bones). I haven't been at that weight in many years, so I'll be thrilled to even see the other side of 170. Set a realistic goal, and you can always re-evaluate it when you get closer to it!

i posted a similar thread about goal weights on here a week ago so i feel ya, there's a lot of information out there about what your weight should be, but all the great advice i got from my post was to choose a goal based on what you know about your own body, and then yes - reevaluate as you make progress!

• LynnBBQ72
    LynnBBQ72 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I love these threads!
    I'm 5'5, probably medium frame but fairly muscular, 44 years old. Heaviest weight was 245. Joined MFP in late July 2016 at 222 lbs, size 22 W pants. Now 173 lbs, size 14 pants are getting loose. All of my weight is in the belly. My original pie-in-the-sky goal was 150 lbs. Now I'm realizing that I won't be happy there and my new goal is 140. My doctor says 135 is his goal for me but I'm not sure that is sustainable because of my broad shoulders and muscles. I'll have to re-evaluate when I get to 145-140 to see if I want to go lower.
  • rhiawiz57
    edited April 2017
    Options
    LynnBBQ72 wrote: »
    I love these threads!
    I'm 5'5, probably medium frame but fairly muscular, 44 years old. Heaviest weight was 245. Joined MFP in late July 2016 at 222 lbs, size 22 W pants. Now 173 lbs, size 14 pants are getting loose. All of my weight is in the belly. My original pie-in-the-sky goal was 150 lbs. Now I'm realizing that I won't be happy there and my new goal is 140. My doctor says 135 is his goal for me but I'm not sure that is sustainable because of my broad shoulders and muscles. I'll have to re-evaluate when I get to 145-140 to see if I want to go lower.

congratulations first and foremost!

now here's proof of how goal weights and weight ranges are very different for everyone. we're the same height, close in age, and both say we're muscular. however, i weigh 189 and wear a size 12, and my 14s are already falling off me. i'm very dense haha!! when i'm 173, i can start to squeeze into size 10 pants. just illustrating this because it shows that we all have different bodies and don't need to all weigh the same even at our same height! that's why i think i can stop at 150-155, i'd be a size 8 around there and that sounds great to me, because of how i carry my weight i guess. and Lynn who knows, you might be just fine at 145-150, and you can change your mind whenever you want!
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    Some of these weights seem so low to me,I'm 5'5.5 and used to weigh 126,I looked skeletal! I'm currently between 144 and 150 depending on the day,I just want to hit 135ish and hold,I'm 43 and don't want to look older like some super thin peeps do
  • _dixiana_
    _dixiana_ Posts: 3,262 Member
    Options
    @rhiawiz57 wrote: »
    LynnBBQ72 wrote: »
    I love these threads!

now here's proof of how goal weights and weight ranges are very different for everyone. !

This is so true. I'm 5'5" and closing in on 40 years old. I carry extra weight in my belly and I don't have a well defined waist. I'm also small chested and don't have "women" hips. I weigh around 128lbs now and I am pretty happy here.
    I wear a size 4 typically, mostly due to not having much in the hip/butt area.
    When I started MFP I was about 144lbs and MISERABLE. So much jelly belly.
    But if I were to recomp and build up more muscle, 128 wouldn't be as realistic as perhaps 144 would be with more muscle. So body comp has a lot to do with goal weight too.

• janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Some of these weights seem so low to me,I'm 5'5.5 and used to weigh 126,I looked skeletal! I'm currently between 144 and 150 depending on the day,I just want to hit 135ish and hold,I'm 43 and don't want to look older like some super thin peeps do

Everyone has different shapes and bone structure, your weight @ 126 may look "skeletal" on you, but not on someone else of your height.

• whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    That's true
  • rhiawiz57
    Options
    i also looked skeletal the one time i weighed in the 120s as an adult, so yeah, that doesn't work for me. your goal weight is your own and must consider your bone structure and musculature.