What's FOOD to you? Medicine or Drug?

Options
2»

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,944 Member
    Options
    DrMercury wrote: »
    Hi everyone :). I think acknowledging the right answer to the question above is the key to our weight problem. What are your views on this?

And you ... @DrMercury?

• FatPorkyChop
    FatPorkyChop Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Food is pleasure, fun, something to look forward to.
  • daneejela
    daneejela Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    For most part of my life it was a fuel, sometimes pleasurable, sometimes no so much :D but it was also an important family socializing time (breakfast, lunch, dinner time). When it was like that, I had stable, optimal weight.
    I guess at the time food was what it should be - something that was supporting my life & wellbeing.

Letter food become:
    - a toy to play with when I'm bored
    - a social exchange (with friends, relatives)
    - a bonding tool with my SO (searching for a kebab at 2 A.M. with some loud rock on the speakers, with a wind in our hairs :D )
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    OP, are you asking if we use food more like medicine (for wellness and healing) or if we use it more like a drug (to feel pleasure, soothe ourselves or satisfy an addiction)? I think that's what you meant by your question...

ETA: My answer - it's probably a combination of things. I eat primarily to keep my body fueled and healthy. But I also eat for pleasure and enjoyment. Food is fun. I would never say that I have addictive food behaviors, though. I don't binge, eat for comfort or anything like that.
  • JacobNicolaus
    JacobNicolaus Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    DrMercury wrote: »
    Hi everyone :). I think acknowledging the right answer to the question above is the key to our weight problem. What are your views on this?

Food is that thing that I take for my stomach to come down and stop rehearsing for an opera performance :smile:
  • Leenizi129
    Leenizi129 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    For me Medicine! All I can say is it literally saved my life!