Bouncing back after baby with no stretchmarks

Options
124»

Replies

• Ironandwine69
    Ironandwine69 Posts: 2,432 Member
    Options
    bfanny wrote: »
    6lbs 6 ozas baby? No wonder no pain no strech marks try having 3 at almost 10 lbs each :D

Yep. Mine was over 10lbs.
  • nanainlaca
    nanainlaca Posts: 42 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options

[/quote]
    nitesky83 wrote: »
    I was 26 and developed stretchmarks despite my water intake, creams used, diet. Yes, luck has something to do with it. Especially because you cant always control how big your child grows inside your belly. No, i am not overweight, nor did I overgain

What a beautiful baby! You did everything right. Congratulations
  • nanainlaca
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Beautiful baby ! I think you gave yourself the best chance of avoiding stretch marks. NOBODY should knock your efforts. I wish I had put in the same work. I had natural childbirth X 3. It is very painful but might not have been so much if I had been stronger during the birthing process.

And by the way, you look fabulous
  • fighterwithin
    fighterwithin Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Regardless of luck was involved or not, Job well done, you look amazing and your hard work is definitely noticeable! *claps* Bravo!
  • wapan
    wapan Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I was worried about stretch marks because my mom had a lot. My sisters had a lot after their children. And i also had stretchmarks on my breasts from puberty (which is odd because my boobs are small-ish). I weightlifted half an hour every second day, nothing too heavy (probably squatted 40 lbs at the most) and ended up with no stretch marks. I also averaged about 8000 steps per day. I did gain more weight than I expected - and that was without eating any junk food - over 35 lbs for a 10 lbs baby. It would seem to be just luck after all - although I would encourage most women to try weightlifting, if only for the mood enhancing benefits.
  • cassandrarodriguez89
    cassandrarodriguez89 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    caprice721 wrote: »
    Beautiful baby ! I think you gave yourself the best chance of avoiding stretch marks. NOBODY should knock your efforts. I wish I had put in the same work. I had natural childbirth X 3. It is very painful but might not have been so much if I had been stronger during the birthing process.

Thank you! You rock mama! I cant believe you made it 3 times natural! Was it water birth? Were your labors fast? Did you use a midwife
  • wpg2mpls
    wpg2mpls Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I had my baby boy about 3 weeks ago- I was running and lifting my whole pregnancy resulting in only a 21 lb gain. While I didn't get stretch marks, it sadly didn't seem to help me at all with labour pains and I certainly didn't feel like I could control them! If anything, I have never felt more helpless and not in control than when those contractions around the 12 hour mark started coming at me. There was no way I was going any farther without an epidural! I think the most valuable benefit of staying fit for me was the recovery time- I am only three weeks out from the emergency c section that we ended up needing and I feel great. I think because my body was strong going in that I was able to bounce back quickly.
  • zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    I didn't get stretch marks with my first, but I did with my second along with a stretched out looking belly. I did gain a few more pounds with my second than with my first and I carried him really high. My third baby, I don't think she gave me stretch marks, but who knows since I already had them from my second.

I didn't exercise at all with any of my pregnancies. My first was a 20 hour labor, only dilated to 6cm, developed pre-eclampsia, ended in a c-section. She did not want to come out - lol

Thankfully my stretch marks are the thin white lines so they aren't too noticeable. My friend has bright reddish/purple ones that look painful.
  • cassandrarodriguez89
    Options
    wpg2mpls wrote: »
    I had my baby boy about 3 weeks ago- I was running and lifting my whole pregnancy resulting in only a 21 lb gain. While I didn't get stretch marks, it sadly didn't seem to help me at all with labour pains and I certainly didn't feel like I could control them! If anything, I have never felt more helpless and not in control than when those contractions around the 12 hour mark started coming at me. There was no way I was going any farther without an epidural! I think the most valuable benefit of staying fit for me was the recovery time- I am only three weeks out from the emergency c section that we ended up needing and I feel great. I think because my body was strong going in that I was able to bounce back quickly.

This means a lot. Because I am the only one of my friends who weight lifted during pregnancy I assumed it was my healthy life style. The nurses insisted I had a high pain tolerance so maybe it was only a high pain tolerance. I also got very lucky with my sons head, it was in the 20% percentile at birth and grew much larger very fast after birth. Now he is evenly 50th percentile, very average baby.
  • nanainlaca
    Options

Thank you! You rock mama! I cant believe you made it 3 times natural! Was it water birth? Were your labors fast? Did you use a midwife

This was back in the early 80s. All three were in a hospital setting. Two labors were five hours and one labor was three hours. It may sound strange but I did not want to be incapacitated after giving birth. So I chose not to take anything during labor and delivery.

I sensed that some of the comments were a little snippy. I don't think anyone should judge you. For most of us that ended up with stretch marks after pregnancy, we will never know if we had followed your path whether or not we would've had stretch marks or not or maybe even less.

Real mothers never knock other mothers!
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options

This was back in the early 80s. All three were in a hospital setting. Two labors were five hours and one labor was three hours. It may sound strange but I did not want to be incapacitated after giving birth. So I chose not to take anything during labor and delivery.

I sensed that some of the comments were a little snippy. I don't think anyone should judge you. For most of us that ended up with stretch marks after pregnancy, we will never know if we had followed your path whether or not we would've had stretch marks or not or maybe even less.

I dont see where anyone was snippy or knocking anyone down.
  • HannahLeigh_0
    HannahLeigh_0 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Can I ask what kind of shape you were in before you got pregnant? You look awesome by the way!
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options

Me neither. People see what they want to see.
  • cassandrarodriguez89
    Options

I felt very out if control wih my doctor. He kept insisting on a c-section because he said it would be easier. The entire borthing process I was worried if I did not give birth fast enough he would cut me open so he could go to sleep. I hated the feeling of being rushed.
    I did notice the snippiness too... I think stretchmarks are a touchy subject to many people and thats why. I have a lot of old ones from when I was a teenager taking antidepressant meds and ballooning up that have pretty much faded but I am bothered by them regardless. Mine were not proud mommy marks but a reminder of a depressed childhood. I would have loved them if I had them from my son.
  • cassandrarodriguez89
    Options
    This was before my baby, I was super into fitness and eating healthy. Wanted to compete in the NPC bikini level.

...z7ulwx4gpg4b.jpgdubs05vlawbl.jpg

p0svew76lpv1.jpg
  • nichell88
    nichell88 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look awesome! Congrats, you must have worked so hard. My goal is to look like you do now, and I haven't had a baby, haha. Congrats again
  • sarahlifts
    sarahlifts Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    @sarahlifts you are a stunning inspiration, not because of how you look, but because of who you are!

Truly humbled by you saying this, thank you so much.
  • nanainlaca
    Options

Me neither. People see what they want to see.

It's probably just me. I'm glad to hear that others don't see it that way. Thanks for your insight.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!