I messed up guys ! Real bad :(

Options
124»

Replies

• allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    amyepdx wrote: »
    And don't let the *kitten* cause you to stay off your plan!!

Why are you picking on a cute kitten? !? :p
  • crooked_left_hook
    crooked_left_hook Posts: 364 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    It is one day. Get back to it tomorrow. Reading through it, it doesn't sound like that bad. What did the calories come to?

About 2500 calories approximately , and I saved about 2000 during the week

If your maintenance calorie allotment for that day is 2000, and you banked 2000 for the weekend, then you're still under 1500 for the week. I don't see a problem here, except maybe a stuffed tummy that's causing a little panic :)
  • midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Everyone has those days. Last weekend I was in a bad mood and ate like a half a casserole dish of mac and cheese. It happens. It's not like you ate that way everyday for a week. It happens to all of us.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,136 Member
    Options
    Theo166 wrote: »
    You are not alone! I've been a bit of a binger my whole life. Although I never starve myself or skip a mean. I eat like a "normal" person for about 5 days before having an off night and consuming an incredibly large amount of food between 7-9 pm.
    Last night for me it was tea, 2 chocolate chip cookies, large cheese bun, bowl of cheddar ritz crackers, 1 Kirkland cookie dough protein bar and a handful of jubjub's. This was all AFTER dinner.

I wish I could find my "trigger" but I don't have one. I was stress-free, happy, my house was clean, enjoying a cup of tea. There was no reason for over-eating but I found myself craving sugar and couldn't satisfy the dragon......
    And I'm up another pound this week (I do my weigh-ins on Sat morning).

I believe these "over-eating" moments are definitely ruining any chances of weight loss for me. :(

I feel so good for 5 days, and then I always have a bad night of over-eating.

A key step in controlling binge eating is to clean house, so you don't have ready temptation of cookies, candy, and crackers in the cupboard. I no longer have cookies and candy in the house and it helps a lot.

Sometimes that is not an option if one lives with others.
  • abetterme121215
    abetterme121215 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    WE all mess up in different ways. I'd ate a whole pack of oreos (in my ice cream) with a 2 liter of pepsi and had some nachos.
  • vikinglander
    vikinglander Posts: 1,547 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    OK...@pinuplove is the only other MFPer who touched on this...

Why are you fighting with an EX???

I get it...I had some real screamers with my ex-wife long after we stopped living together, but it was always over our daughter. Otherwise I wouldn't give the woman a single second of my time.

Unless you have a child together, or some other kind of commitment holding you together, cut it loose...FAST!!

Move on...
  • TheJourneyToFabulous
    TheJourneyToFabulous Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I would log it and move on, just get straight back on track. One day wont cause much of an issue.

And dont let an ex ruin your work
  • DamieBird
    DamieBird Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Theo166 wrote: »
    You are not alone! I've been a bit of a binger my whole life. Although I never starve myself or skip a mean. I eat like a "normal" person for about 5 days before having an off night and consuming an incredibly large amount of food between 7-9 pm.
    Last night for me it was tea, 2 chocolate chip cookies, large cheese bun, bowl of cheddar ritz crackers, 1 Kirkland cookie dough protein bar and a handful of jubjub's. This was all AFTER dinner.

I wish I could find my "trigger" but I don't have one. I was stress-free, happy, my house was clean, enjoying a cup of tea. There was no reason for over-eating but I found myself craving sugar and couldn't satisfy the dragon......

I believe these "over-eating" moments are definitely ruining any chances of weight loss for me. :(

A key step in controlling binge eating is to clean house, so you don't have ready temptation of cookies, candy, and crackers in the cupboard. I no longer have cookies and candy in the house and it helps a lot.

This works for me. I have probably 4-5 each varieties of chips and cookies at home right now and I've always been the type to have a nice selection of good quality chocolates on hand, and I'm perfectly capable of sticking to a very occasional serving (the exception is my nightly brown butter cookie that I have with tea as my daily treat). Ice cream sits in my freezer for 6 months or more. What I DON'T have in the cabinet, what I NEVER have in the cabinet, because I 100% cannot be trusted around them, is Oreos. Those sweet, chocolate, crème-filled disks of pure joy that I can never stop eating and that I get sad about when the bag is gone, less than two days after buying it. Also, I recently ate most of a leftover chocolate birthday cake *by myself* . . . . those damn trigger foods will get you every time!
  • lifting_momlife
    lifting_momlife Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    log it to hold yourself accountable... and then kick extra *kitten* this week!
  • crowleyed72
    crowleyed72 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Drink water. Exercise. Get some sleep. Drink some more water. Have a nice day.

Sounds like I'm back in the Army lol
  • JustDoIt987
    JustDoIt987 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    66Andy66 wrote: »
    Hello everyone
    Today I've had a huge argument with my ex boyfriend and I ended up finding comfort in food ! This is very unusual of me , but I usually save calories for Saturday night , and since I did not go out today I ended up binging over food I didnt even really enjoy :(
    I ate : 1 slice deep pan pizza , 1/2 a glass of milkshake , 8 pieces of sushi , 8 oreos , 4 pieces string cheese and 150g of Maltesers
    My maintenance calories are 2000
    I feel disgusted with myself and feel like throwing up :(

How is it you have access to all that junk food?
    Rule number one when you decide to stick to a diet is "sanitizing" home, removing every junk or otherwise unhealthy food. Avoid keeping milkshakes/Oreo/Maltesers/Fat cheese at hand's reach. Doing so it will spare you a lot of frustration.

1. Deprivation leads to regular bingeing
    2. I live with my parents , grandma and sister. I am not going to tell them to remove things they love to eat just so that I avoid them
  • DamieBird
    DamieBird Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Drink water. Exercise. Get some sleep. Drink some more water. Have a nice day.

Sounds like I'm back in the Army lol

Only if you add in "take some motrin".
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    Track it all and get back on track with the next meal. All you can do. Hope it's going better now with your boyfriend.
  • ent3rsandman
    ent3rsandman Posts: 170 Member
    Options

If you haven't yet, try looking into intermittent fasting! I'm also guilty of binge eating, but IF has allowed me to stay within my caloric range pretty consistently since I eat all of my calories within a smaller window of time.
  • leejoyce31
    leejoyce31 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone
    Today I've had a huge argument with my ex boyfriend and I ended up finding comfort in food ! This is very unusual of me , but I usually save calories for Saturday night , and since I did not go out today I ended up binging over food I didnt even really enjoy :(
    I ate : 1 slice deep pan pizza , 1/2 a glass of milkshake , 8 pieces of sushi , 8 oreos , 4 pieces string cheese and 150g of Maltesers
    My maintenance calories are 2000
    I feel disgusted with myself and feel like throwing up :(

Hopefully, you have bounced back from your splurge. Don't be too hard on yourself. I've eaten so much more than this in a day.
  • jayv85
    jayv85 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Bad days happen. My son's birthday was yesterday so we baked cupcakes Sunday and I pigged out that day. No big deal. It's going to happen.