Just for Today ..... Daily Commitment Thread- Start of a new year!

Options

Replies

• wendyron3
    wendyron3 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    JFT- Monday- exercise- circuit class and walk or aerobics
    Drink water and clean house
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,073 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    dwntwn5 wrote: »
    The dog farted.

And because it's all deep breathing I full on inhaled that *kitten*!
    I was very nearly sick!

So yeah, if you think you're having a bad day!
    Just remember someone inhaled dog fart this morning.

@Bex953172 You should mention to your dog that it was national dog fart awareness day in the US this past Saturday. Your pup was a couple days late... Really, it's a thing. Not a serious thing, but a thing, all the same. :# And, I'm sorry for the timing. Couldn't be worse!

Ew! How gross!

What's worse is invited him onto the sofa to sit between me and baby so baby wouldn't keep trying to crawl to me!
    And that's how he repaid me!
  • tristramtrent
    tristramtrent Posts: 257 Member
    Options

Back on track with the logging - yep
    Give the best energy of the day to the woodwork project - all day in fact
    Short hilly bike ride - yep
    Mend the printer! - not yet
    Find time to relax without feeling guilty...not really...maybe for 20 mins
    Find the 20 minutes for sewing...yes

Check back in after! - done!

ok that went quite well today. So, jftomorrow...

A tricky meeting in the city
    Carry on track with the logging
    Post the parcels
    Short hilly bike ride
    Find 20 mins for sewing

Check in at the end of the day

• Bex953172
    Options
    Goals for Mon
    - It's my weekly weigh in to see how I'm doing! Wish me luck! - forgot! Doing this tomorrow!
    - Be in the green! :) yes by 30 cals
    - Get some food in the house before I starve myself to death!! - yes got enough to see us through til tomorrow!
    - Set alarm for 7am - walk dog then meditate (up at 8, walked dog, meditated.. kind of)
    - Stay within Carb/Sugar/Fat intake. Think so, not on fat though

Goals for Tuesday
    - Weigh in!
    - Be in the green!
    - Shopping day!
    - Spiralizer arrives wooo :)
    - Up at 7, walk dog - needs longer walk!! (Only better for me :wink:)
    - stay within C/S/F intake
    - Meditate

April Goals
    March Weight: 12st 6lb
    Current Weight: 12st 5lb
    Target Weight: 10st 7lb
    Lbs to lose this month: 4

Strive for progress, not perfection.
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Thought some of you might find this funny!

As you all know I've started meditating.
    Only 10 mins every morning
    As I suffer from depression I find it helps me stay a bit more positive in the day.
    ANYWAY!
    I thought the kids running about being generally noisy would ruin it but I thought I'd try it anyway...

The dog farted.

I was very nearly sick!

OMG! I'm sitting next to my husband on the couch reading the posts for today, got to yours and started laughing my *kitten* off!!! We have an elderly black lab who makes my eyes water on a daily basis, so I feel your pain! LOL!
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    aerochic42 wrote: »
    I need to decide what I'm doing about a garden this year. Last year I ended up doing a few plants in buckets because we had just moved and I wanted to figure out drainage and sunlight. This year I've been busy when the weather is nice and still haven't gotten a bed in. I would want it to set for a bit after digging it up before planting anything, which is still feasible schedule wise but isn't likely with all that is still going on. So, it will probably be buckets again. Which is better than nothing but it was so hard to keep them from drying out last summer.

We had our veggies in pots by our deck last summer also. Tomatoes were really hard to keep from drying out for us too. I'm doing the same thing with the tomato plants this year though because we didn't dig up an actual garden either yet. I'm also adding an elevated raised garden. It's a box of about 3'x6' and it's up on legs so the critters can't get at it. Rabbits eat EVERYTHING I plant and it makes me so mad! So, anyway, not sure what's going in there yet but can't wait to plant! :)
  • PackerFanInGB
    edited April 2017
    Options
    dph118 wrote: »
    @OConnell5483

Just for you! A photo from my hike this morning of the castle ruins in Kallmuenz.

That picture is awesome!!! Thank you! I just can't believe people actually get to see these kinds of things for real. Nothing in Wisconsin but cows. LOL! (Not really, but we sure don't have castles!)

Thanks for posting it! Big smile on my face.
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    Oh my gosh! What I wouldn't give to actually see some real castle ruins! What a cool thing to do! You made me smile and you made me dream all with this one sentence! That would be a perfect day to me. *sigh* ;)

You should visit the UK, it's full of ruined things :) So many I think we're quite complacent about them!

It's on my bucket list. Some day, I'm going to get over there and I'm going to see a bunch of "ruined things"! LOL! :smile:

Also, I think you are right about having too many goals. I think that you have a great point there. It's really hard to keep it just to a couple though...especially because, like you, I need a punching bag at work too! hahaha!

I'm going to try focus on one or two main ones though to see if that helps. I weighed in at the doctor today and was NOT happy with the number. I think their scale is probably old and not working correctly... ;)
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    shenna333 wrote: »
    Soccer game was fun. My grandson made five goals. Superstar!! Being that he is only 3, then proceeded to have a meltdown because someone else on his team actually got the ball and made a goal hahaha. Spoiled much?

This is awesome! My little 3 year old grandson would totally do the same thing! I can picture him now having a meltdown over it! hahaha!!! Gotta love it...
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    Just for Sunday
    1. Journal every bite :)
    2. Eat only natural food. Nothing processed. :)
    3. Meal plan for week (including packed lunch & snacks) and go to grocery store :)
    4. Cut up veggies for the week and store in serving-sized baggies :)
    5. HYDRATE with water. No more caffeine today. 80 oz. No wiggle room. I'm physically feeling the effects of dehydration because I have been not doing this. :)
    6. Do not be a slug. Get your @$$ off the couch and DO SOMETHING! It's going to be 71 degrees in Wisconsin today. DO NOT WASTE THE DAY AND THEN WHINE ABOUT IT. (Who, me? LOL) :)
    7. Smile and greet people today everywhere you go. Positive attitudes bring positive things. :)
    8. Sew on the quilt a little bit later today. Doesn't have to be a lot, but just make a little progress. You'll be happy you did. :/
    9. Read my Simple Abundance book and gratitude journal before bed. :)

Pretty good day yesterday!!! No sewing, but did well with making good healthy choices.

J4T Monday is almost over, but I did really well again today.
    1. Carbs < 75g and Sugar <29g :) Yup!
    2. Stay on task at work, focus and get part 1 of project done! :) Yup!!!
    3. Unplug one hour early, read and journal.

• cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,479 Member
    Options
    3) Walk dog after work / errands. Walked 3 miles on beautiful evening, saw 2 ducks swimming and 2 deer. Dog was super happy b/c then I took her to Petco, and she always gets a treat. :smiley:

Do you live in the country around here? I would love to find somewhere to talk where I could see wildlife. One of the reasons I don't like walking now that i live in the city and not out in the country near the woods. Sounds wonderful! Was a beautiful day yesterday!

We live two blocks from the city limits on the far west side, near Duck Creek, a small lake, a dog park that we don't enter, and a city park. Our neighborhood doesn't have sidewalks, and I usually walk the dog on nearby county roads next to farm fields and the occasional wildlife. Very peaceful except when crossing Mason St. / Hwy 54 where the speed limit goes up.
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,479 Member
    Options
    Sat. 4/8/17
    1) Walk dog on this gorgeous spring day with clear blue sky! Yes :smiley:
    2) Get patio furniture and yard items out of shed with hubby's help - Yes :smiley:
    3) Drink >10 cups of water - I think so :smile:
    4) Floss - Yes :smiley:

Took a two day break from logging b/c would have been very difficult to figure out the food. Palm Sunday - hubby and I attended the annual brunch at church after service - yummy! Monday - one hour round trip commute to/from seminar, I handled the registration table, and sat from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m before driving home. Continental breakfast = I mostly took fruit. Lunch was salad and sandwich buffet with dessert, and afternoon refreshment was cookie. Not gonna lie, I ate a little of everything. It was good. :smile:

It's almost bedtime. I'll start logging again tomorrow. :smile:
  • mary_clinton6
    mary_clinton6 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    From Jft, monday:
    1. Try cooking something.. anything... I don't know how to do anything. Bought a book titled How to Boil Water. XD --- I cooked carrots! Now I'll be eating them :) I hate raw ones.
    2. Call and find a chiropractor --yes, set up appointment, and got new pt. Paperwork
    3. Make the phone calls I've had to but have delayed -- yup (well, some)
    4. Eat only 2 additional servings of sweets today :) --- that's a laugh. So didn't happen.

3/4 isn't bad. :wink:

• mary_clinton6
    mary_clinton6 Posts: 74 Member
    Options

As I suffer from depression I find it helps me stay a bit more positive in the day.
    ANYWAY!
    I thought the kids running about being generally noisy would ruin it but I thought I'd try it anyway...

The dog farted.

I was very nearly sick!

I have suffered from depression and really bad anxiety. Almost dropped out of nursing school cause of it. I'm on meds and used to go to a therapist. If you ever need to talk about anything.. seriously anything.. I'm here. :)
  • Bex953172
    Options

ANYWAY!

The dog farted.

I was very nearly sick!

I have suffered from depression and really bad anxiety. Almost dropped out of nursing school cause of it. I'm on meds and used to go to a therapist. If you ever need to talk about anything.. seriously anything.. I'm here. :)

Awh thanks :)
    I'm on highest dose of fluoxetine
    It started as post natal depression and never really got rid of it!
    It's a pain in the *kitten*!
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Hmm so I COMPLETELY failed to exercise any kind of self control at all at my focus groups. Every single goal I set, I massively broke...

Not feeling too bad about it though - there are always going to be occasions when I let myself go and thinking about the types of occasions where food temptations are present, this one is possibly one of the hardest to resist....

No more falling off the wagon this week though!!!

I'm wondering if I should start having a slightly longer term view and having 1 day a week where I'm allowed to go overboard (within reason) in return for being slightly more restrained on the other 6? Will think about this. Knowing what I'm like when I do go overboard, I probably have to start exercising again first....

The good news is that I saw my consultant yesterday and she said I'm definitely ok to start doing moderate exercise and can probably start doing heavy exercise again too! :):):)

Yesterdays commitments:
    - Log everything I eat :)
    - No snacks outside meals except fruit :/ Had a few sweets... I thought 'they're tiny' but when I added them later they summed 300 calories! What a waste...
    - Keep alcohol to a minimum, if do have alcohol have diet G&T and alternate alcohol with water :/ Drank nearly a whole bottle of wine and no water....
    - Choose a healthier option from the menus (NOT pizza, NOT anything with chips) :/ I had pizza...
    - Take time for a break after hospital appointment :)
    - Don't put pressure on self to work too many hours today.... but when working, focus on the task at hand and don't faff :)
    - Don't get irritated / upset by work politics today; there are bigger things to worry about and there is no point worrying about things you can't control :)
    - Spend some time on the internet looking for punch bags to hit instead of boss :| This was actually a joke target, however I'm wondering if a mini stress ball might not be a bad idea...

Today's commitments -
    - Log everything I eat
    - Be in the green! @Bex953172 I like this way of putting it, it's more motivating than 'stay within calories'!
    - Get outside and walk at lunch
    - Stay positive!
    - Switch off screens at 9.30

• Bex953172
    Options
    - Be in the green! @Bex953172 I like this way of putting it, it's more motivating than 'stay within calories'!

Definitely! "Staying within calories" makes it feel limited and a chore!
    Being in the greennsounds quite positive
  • shenna333
    shenna333 Posts: 100 Member
    Options

Just for today: Monday

Water 8 glasses- :)
    Pack lunch- :)
    Afternoon walk maybe?-was going to go with a friend... She flaked maybe today?
    Be productive, slacker- ;) mostly

Just for today: Tuesday

Water 8 glasses
    Stay positive!!
    Stay busy!!
    Compliment coworkers

Have a great day
  • asclepsia
    asclepsia Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    asclepsia wrote: »
    Happy Monday everyone! I'm back in "good ole PA" after spending a week with relatives in Detroit, Michigan. We had a wonderful time; I really watched my diet, and only gained a half a pound, then "pigged out" yesterday eating all the goodies that my sister-in-law sent home with me---go figure! Now it's back to reality.
    Just for today:
    Drink 24 oz of water.---yes
    Stay within the calorie limits--1350--about 25 calories too many.
    Office clutter---30"----about 20"
    Practice for Good Friday service----located music.
    Walk for 30"---it's really nice today.---yes
    Good luck with your goals today.

• dph118
    dph118 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Monday's goals:
    1. Drink 8 glasses of water :| Only got in 6
    2. Meet my calorie goal :) I guess it was fine, but I was too far under and got a nastygram from MFP...
    3. Keep carbs under 20 g :smile:
    4. Record everything I eat and drink :smile:
    5. Meet new step goal :s:'( Not even close, too much work to do!
    6. Practice and record presentation :neutral: Did it, but need to do more work on it Tuesday, sigh!
    7. Prep for interviews :smile:
    8. Do something to de-stress! :# No time, went to bed late. Exhausted from a stressful day and bummed about missing so many of my goals!

Tuesday's goals:
    1. Drink 8 glasses of water
    2. Meet my calorie goal
    3. Keep carbs under 20 g
    4. Record everything I eat and drink
    5. Meet new step goal
    6. Finish and submit presentatio
    7. Do something fun!

I did so poorly on my exercise yesterday. I was feeling really frustrated and a bit overwhelmed. Trying to keep a more positive attitude today and already failing at that one!