Dissappointed at the scale!!!

Options
saundts
saundts Posts: 51 Member
edited April 2017 in Health and Weight Loss
After eating right, staying way under my allowed calorie limits and excerciseing five out of seven days of the week, all the scale can show me is 0 pounds loss, I am very disappointed. Every week for the past 7 weeks I have been losing 2-4 lbs a week but to get this kind of result when my expectations were higher, it is very heartbreaking result this week!!! can anyone explain why or help???

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    .8 pounds is an excellent loss! 2-4 pounds a week is actually quite aggressive, though. What are your stats?
  • saundts
    Options
    I justed updated the lost pounds to 0, I thought I loss that but no, its 0 pounds loss!!!
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Even then, weight loss is not linear. You aren't going to lose every single day or week due to fluctuations.
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    Why not try using a trend app like Libra. Weigh at the same time every day and see how your weight trends. If you are truly not losing you are eating maintenance calories. Are you weighing everything you eat and logging everything you consume? Any "cheat" days/meals?
  • saundts
    Options
    I feel like giving up, I was 270 when I started on Feb. 21, now 241.2, but again this past week is very disappointing as I know this is the week I made a bigger attempt to lose more than the average a week.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    You have lost a large amount in a short time. Some of the 2-4 pounds was probably just water and now your body needs to burn off some fat which takes a little longer. Also if you changed up some exercises or are feeling a bit more sore you may be retaining water to heal those muscles. The scale is just a tool. It only gives you limited information.
  • saundts
    edited April 2017
    Options
    No, cathipa, I definitely did not cheat and I weigh everything I eat, I am allowed 2200 and I am consistently staying under 900 everyday.
    The scale is a tool but obviously very disappointing tool Lizzy662.
    I just feel very discouraged with this morning results!!!
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Why did you start trying to lose weight in the first place? If you give up now, and go back to old habits you will put back on the nearly 30 pounds you have lost and then some. And be worse off than you were 2 months ago.

You are not going to see a scale success every week. Some weeks your body will retain water. This could happen for muscle repair, high sodium, stress, lack of sleep just to name a few. But water weight is temporary. The benefits you're giving your body by eating at a deficit and exercising will yield weight loss OVER TIME and also improve your health and well being. Try to keep that in mind. There is no up side to giving up.
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Considering healthy weight loss is 0.5-2 pounds a week you have lost a considerable amount. Why are you trying to lose so fast? Losing at that rate could lead to muscle wasting, hormone irregularities and excessive loose skin.
  • jessiferrrb
    jessiferrrb Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    saundts wrote: »
    No, cathipa, I definitely did not cheat and I weigh everything I eat, I am allowed 2200 and I am consistently staying under 900 everyday.

that explains why you've lost 2-4 pounds every week for the first 7, but you're not going to be able to sustain this rate in a healthy manner. you're not eating enough. even in ideal circumstances you're not going to lose every week, but you can use every week to become more healthy and maintain a downward trend.

can you open up your diary?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

Why are you starving yourself?
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,406 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options

Woah woah woah. Tooo low.
    Just, everything is wrong. 2-4lb a week is too much, you're not eating enough. No wonder your body slammed the breaks on. Slow down, treat your body with the respect it deserves. 1 week out of 2 months shouldn't upset you to this level, jeez I've been stuck at the same weight for 6 weeks, but I know I will get there.
  • saundts
    Options
    How do I open it up? Do you want me to list here or is there something I need to do so you can view it?
  • jessiferrrb
    jessiferrrb Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    How do I open it up? Do you want me to list here or is there something I need to do so you can view it?

https://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/201687-how-do-i-make-my-diary-visible-to-other-users-
  • fizzletto
    fizzletto Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    saundts, do you have an iPhone? If so, I HIGHLY recommend downloading an app called Happy Scale, and inputting your weigh-ins retroactively (as far back as you can be bothered to go).

You'll be surprised. It's a clever little app that works out whether you are ACTUALLY losing weight, despite what the scale says. You will probably find that you HAVE lost weight, but for some reason the scale isn't showing it (perhaps it's water weight).