Dissappointed at the scale!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• saundts
    saundts Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Ok, jessiferrb, I changed it so you can view this.
  • saundts
    saundts Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I have and android Samsung S7 edge, can I download app there?
  • fizzletto
    fizzletto Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Happy Scale isn't available on Android, however there is an app called Libra Weight Management which does the exact same thing
  • crazyycatlady1
    crazyycatlady1 Posts: 292 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    saundts wrote: »
    I have and android Samsung S7 edge, can I download app there?

Android users have an alternative called Libra- I love it and it's free :)
  • jessiferrrb
    jessiferrrb Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    @saundts you really really need to be eating more. the thrill of losing weight so quickly is going to be overshadowed by your health concerns sooner rather than later at the rate you are going. you're doing a great job at keeping your protein up, but you've got to add some fats in order to help your body absorb nutrients. and you've got to add some calories.

you also seem to be eating very low carb and so when you add calories the scale may jump up, that's nothing to freak out about, carbs tend to make people hold more water weight. it's not fat. if you don't want to add carbs, then i would highly recommend taking a look at the low carb group here on mfp. they'll have a lot of good information for you about how to make sure that you're eating healthfully while restricting that macro.
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,406 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    @saundts you really really need to be eating more. the thrill of losing weight so quickly is going to be overshadowed by your health concerns sooner rather than later at the rate you are going. you're doing a great job at keeping your protein up, but you've got to add some fats in order to help your body absorb nutrients. and you've got to add some calories.

you also seem to be eating very low carb and so when you add calories the scale may jump up, that's nothing to freak out about, carbs tend to make people hold more water weight. it's not fat. if you don't want to add carbs, then i would highly recommend taking a look at the low carb group here on mfp. they'll have a lot of good information for you about how to make sure that you're eating healthfully while restricting that macro.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group

Is what you are looking for! Read the Launchpad information and everyone there is super friendly and will help you with anything you need.
  • maurihart
    maurihart Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Be patient! And be sure to eat enough calories. Your body needs calories to work properly. My scale bobs up and down all the time but eventually trends down. I just have to keep doing what I've been doing!
  • cbelc2
    cbelc2 Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    I think your scale needs a time out. Plateaus happen. Sometimes you need to re-evaluate your process. I went back to weighing and measuring my food. It got me off a plateau.
  • SoozeE512
    SoozeE512 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    After eating right, staying way under my allowed calorie limits and excerciseing five out of seven days of the week, all the scale can show me is 0 pounds loss, I am very disappointed. Every week for the past 7 weeks I have been losing 2-4 lbs a week but to get this kind of result when my expectations were higher, it is very heartbreaking result this week!!! can anyone explain why or help???

You're not eating right. Those aren't calorie "limits", those are calorie GOALS. You want to reach those goals if you want your organs to function properly. Organs functioning properly means your body works correctly to lose the fat. If organs aren't functioning properly, they start to fail, and when organs fail, you risk a lot of health issues and possibly death. You are currently consuming fewer calories than a 1 year old baby would, with that small an amount of energy, do you still expect your body to carry around the weight of an adult man? If your inspiration for losing weight is for your kids, eat your calories to stay alive for them, or else your result will actually be heartbreaking. Reach your calorie/nutrition goals and you will reach your weight loss goals.
  • deviousme7
    deviousme7 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    In about 2 months your hair will start to fall out as you are eating too few calories. Do this the healthly way otherwise your weight loss is not sustainable and you will only put the weight back on plus more.
  • LessCookiess
    LessCookiess Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    No, cathipa, I definitely did not cheat and I weigh everything I eat, I am allowed 2200 and I am consistently staying under 900 everyday.
    The scale is a tool but obviously very disappointing tool Lizzy662.
    I just feel very discouraged with this morning results!!!
    So you're eating 1300 calories a day or 900? If this is an accurate number they would both be pretty low for a guy.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    This is a simple solution, raise your calories back up to the min 1500, preferably recalculate your weight goals in MFP using your current weight after your losses since Feb and adjust to rate of loss that promotes sustainable and health weight loss.

Not only will weight loss will stall, but harmful short term side effects which can lead to longer term side effects and health issues. I looked at your diary and many 500-600-700 days, please up your calories and take care of your body, as you are trying to lose weight to become healthy not the other way around.
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Why are you trying to starve yourself?
  • janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    No, cathipa, I definitely did not cheat and I weigh everything I eat, I am allowed 2200 and I am consistently staying under 900 everyday.
    So you're eating 1300 calories a day or 900? If this is an accurate number they would both be pretty low for a guy.

Looking at his food diary, he's eating less than 900 calories on most days.
  • janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    OP you put in your profile that you want to be healthy for your kids and off your medications. What you are doing is not healthy, it's the exact opposite of healthy.
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    Options

I really advice you to talk to a doctor. To eat this little day after day while exercising so much is really bad for your health and can have drastic long term consequences. If you give up now you will gain all the weight you lost and more because your metabolism has slowed down considerably.
  • arose1122
    arose1122 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    deviousme7 wrote: »
    In about 2 months your hair will start to fall out as you are eating too few calories. Do this the healthly way otherwise your weight loss is not sustainable and you will only put the weight back on plus more.

So true. I lost over 100 pounds in 9 months, lost half my hair and scared the crap outta myself. After being so crazy I went off the deep end and regained 30 pounds. I'm still struggling to get myself back together. Listen to these people. Fast isn't better. Healthy and sustainable is best.
  • crb426
    crb426 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Whoa! Your 2200 suggested is NOT A LIMIT, it's a GOAL. You should be getting as close to that number as possible to lose safely with optimal results.