(POST 3) BATTLE OF THE BULGE - Summer Slimdown Challenge!!

Options

Replies

• journey2size10
    Options
    Tips:
    1) plan, plan, plan
    I make a menu for the week and get only the groceries I need and try to cook the majority of my meals in one day so I never have the excuse that I ran out of food or don't have time to cook.
    2) eating
    veggies first, then protein then carbs...by the time you get to the carbs, you will be close to full if not full already
    3) drinks
    water. I hardly ever drink sodas and when I do, I don't finish it and just sip..liquor is another story though, I'm finally getting over all the high calorie sugary concoctions and going for the lower calorie stronger drinks..I end up sipping it cuz its so strong and it shaves the bill also cuz I can't drink as many! low calories and low bill = winning combo for me
  • WWH_AJ
    WWH_AJ Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    A tip I'd like to give (and need to actually follow my own advice on this) is to not beat yourself up when you go over on calories or don't reach that goal you wanted on your weigh-in day. I went to Teneessee on vacation these past 4 days and last night I completely bombed my diet. My family went to the Dixie Stampede and my mom, sister and I have been there before but my aunt and her family never has and, if you don't know what it is, it's a dinner and a show where they start off with a creamy vegetable soup, then give you a Red Lobster-style biscuit, then a small baked chicken, half of a potato, a slice of ham, and top it all off with an apple pastry . . . . I demolished just about all of mine because we went to the 8:30 showing and we had lunch around 1, so I was straving. I didn't even log anything for dinner yesterday because I know I went well over my calories. However, I had anticipated this because I knew July was going to be a rough month for me because I went to the midnight showing of Harry Potter and treated myself for that because it's the last time I'll ever go *tear*tear* so, when weigh in comes this Monday and I'm not 175, I'm still going to feel proud whatever the scale says because I am defintely not where I was the last time we were in Tennessee at the Dixie Stampede. I have lost almost 30 lbs and I know it's ultimately all downhill for me. I may gain a pound or two because of this vacation, but I know I will never weigh 200 or even 190 lbs ever again, and that's good enough for me. So, whenever you gain those few extra pounds, let yourself go for a week, hit a platuea, hold your head up high and know you've come so far.
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I always do the best if I plan ahead and am sure to get my fruits and veggies. If you arent able to log your intake just count your servings of fruit and veggies. Shoot for at least five servings a day and you will feel and see the difference!
  • nlsalvatore
    nlsalvatore Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    The BOB thread continues to be very inspirational! Thanks to all who continue to post and offer their suggestions and support to others out there. I find that when I plan things out, I am able to stick with my healthier choices. For example, if we are eating out , I usually check the menu ahead of time online and decide what to order before getting there, then log it in to my diary. If I am going to the movies, and want the popcorn, I plan for it ahead of time. One thing I have always meant to do, but only recently did, &it's so easy I don't know why I haven't done it before - I cut up all the veggies I got at the store this week, so they right there ready to go when I'm hungry and want a snack. Have a great weekend all! And don't beat yourself up if you did not make your goal come Monday's weigh in. Focus on how far you've come overall!
  • lclarkjr
    lclarkjr Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Anybody else excited for the July 25th weigh-in and the start of the third segment?
  • ranewell
    ranewell Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I will continue to check in, I may not weigh in til tues bc monday is the big move from WV back to MI!!! So, now my workouts consist of packing and moving boxes around! I have been staying under calories, I have been eating responsibly! My co workers got me a cake yesterday (my FAVE choc with buttercream frosting!!!!) And I only had half a piece (6 months ago, I would have eaten half the cake once I got home!!) I brought it home, told mom to get what she wanted and we put it in the freezer and I will share it with mom, hubby and step son when I get HOME. (I can count that as an NSV, right????) AND I bought myself 3 pr of pants...2 size 22 JEANS and a size 18/20 gaucho! (Down from size 26/28 pants!!!!!) I feel GREAT right now, even though I know I'm not gonna hit my number goal, I've been doing my best considering the chaos of the last 3 weeks with the move. Thank you all for your support and inspiration
  • ranewell
    Options
    duplicate!!
  • prplangl4
    prplangl4 Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    weekday19.gif

SATURDAY - JULY 23 - DAY 68!

WEEK 10 CHALLENGE OF THE WEEK
    Fill your MFP cups EVERY DAY! This will help shed those extra pounds and keep you from overeating!!!

Today's challenge brought to us by: The letter B and the number 5 (haha - :drinker: Hananiah)

DAILY CHALLENGE/TIP
    Try to get in 5 servings of raw vegetables today. The reason I say raw is because they retain their vitamins that way and they're even better for you if you can get them organically grown. Your body will thank you.

I was talking to a buddy of mine the other day and told him about the fact I have lost 75 lbs since January. He asked if I remember the last time I weighed less than 300lbs. I said that it was some time in high school. He said that I need to see how much I changed and keep my head on straight....otherwise I will still see the guy who weighs 369lbs in the mirror and in everything I do.

Whether you are just starting your journey or have been on it for a while remember to look at the accomplishments you have made. Also, when you reward yourself for milestones remember it doesn't have to be with food.

MOTIVATIONAL SONGS OF THE DAY
    You are More - http://www.godtube.com/watch/?v=9E0F1MNU
    Rocky Songs - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGiJAn06AyQ
    Beautiful - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f02KbFx2ToQ

SHARE YOUR SECRETS TO SUCCESS:
    How do you look at yourself? A salad can contain many servings of vegetables.

visit www.wix.com/prplangl4/battleofthebulge

*Please send me your posts on time!*

WEEK 11 POSTers
    Mon July 25 crystlgrn
    Tue July 26 SheBB
    Wed July 27 kacione
    Thurs July 28 summer_of_69
    Fri July 29 Ljc3
    Sat July 30 LacieLamp
    Sun July 31 HilarieXcore
  • cherrieruns
    cherrieruns Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I will definately complete the challenge today - my lunch is a huge garden salad!!!!!
  • prplangl4
    Options
    the-biggest-loser.jpg

WEEK 9 RESULTS ARE IN!!!

OUR BIGGEST LOSERS ARE...
    :bigsmile: cmhughes with 3% body weight lost!!!
    :bigsmile: palollis with 5.5lbs lost!!!
    :bigsmile: Krispy 17 with 5.4 lbs lost!!!

OUR WEEK 6 STARTERS BIGGEST LOSER....
    :bigsmile: Denise11161978 with 2.4 lbs lost and 1.26% body weight lost!!!

OUR WEEK 7 STARTERS BIGGEST LOSER...
    :bigsmile: ksutte with 5 lbs lost and 1.94% body weight lost!!!

CONGRATS ALL!!!

visit www.wix.com/prplangl4/battleofthebulge for full results!!!

~!* UPCOMING POSTERS *!~

WEEK 11
    Mon July 25 crystlgrn
    Tue July 26 SheBB
    Wed July 27 kacione
    Thurs July 28 summer_of_69
    Fri July 29 Ljc3
    Sat July 30 LacieLamp
    Sun July 31 HilarieXcore

WEEK 12
    Mon Aug 1 cherrieruns
    Tues Aug 2 BalletRose
    Wed Aug 3 moofer
    Thurs Aug 4 jessilea35
    Fri Aug 5 Irene8509
    Sat Aug 6 kathvg
    Sun Aug 7 tsmom1128

*SIMPLY COPY AND PASTE A DAY'S POST AND CHANGE THE DAY, DATE, CHALLENGE/TIP OF THE DAY, SONGS, AND SHARE YOUR SECRETS TO SUCCESS QUESTION OF THE DAY*
  • MikeyKeith
    Options
    Nice loss guys!
  • ranewell
    Options
    Congrats to all the biggest losers!!!!!
  • achampionsheart
    achampionsheart Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    :heart: A BIG HIGH FIVE AND HIP BUMP TO THE BIGGEST LOSERS...SO PROUD OF ALL OF YA.....
  • achampionsheart
    achampionsheart Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    i see myself as someone who has taken control of her health and life...my outlook toward life in general has changed....i find myself very capable of doing things i never thought i could do
  • journey2size10
    Options
    OMG, I'm finally a biggest loser!!! I've been putting in extra hard work and staying under calories consistently and it's finally paying off!

I see myself as strong woman. I push myself to my limit and then some, I'm a machine.
  • BeachGurl815
    BeachGurl815 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Congrats to the biggest losers of the week and to everyone else for hanging in there. Your hard work and determination are paying off! You all are an inspiration!!
  • SLIM195
    SLIM195 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    CHEERS TO ALL THE BIGGEST LOSERS FOR THIS WEEK!!! :drinker: :smile: :drinker:
  • prplangl4
    Options
    happy-monday1.jpg?w=377&h=322

*WEEK 10 WEIGHINS ARE DUE!!!* THIS IS THE 2ND BIG WEIGHIN - STAYING ALIVE JULY 25!!! 5 more weeks left of the challenge!

(lclarkjr sent me Sunday's post I just forgot to put it up...sorry guys! I'll def use it for a backup! So shoutouts to lclarkjr!)

MONDAY July 25th- DAY 70! - "I'M SO PROUD!"

Today's challenge brought to us by: :drinker: crystlgrn
    CHALLENGE OF THE WEEK
    This week we are going to focus on physical activity! Challenges each day will be physical in nature.

DAILY CHALLENGE/TIP
    We've made it 10 weeks so far! Today I challenge you to really think about your weight loss journey so far. What are one or two (or more) things that you are most proud of so far? This doesn't have to be an "amount lost" but can be anything that you're proud of that is a result of deciding to change your life.

MOTIVATIONAL SONGS OF THE DAY
    1. UWRITTEN Natasha Bedingfield - http://youtu.be/cFFBSSntZgs
    2. HERO Mariah Carey - http://youtu.be/0IA3ZvCkRkQ
    3. HAKUNA MATATA Lion King (just for fun, my favorite Disney movie :) ) - http://youtu.be/ejEVczA8PLU
    *we have people from Australia to Austria of all backgrounds, ages, and ethnicities so my songs will be varied each day to accommodate ;-)

SHARE YOUR SECRETS TO SUCCESS:
    We all know staying on track can sometimes be difficult. What really motivates you to stay on your path to a healthy life?

STAY MOTIVATED: VISIT OUR WEBSITE - www.wix.com/prplangl4/battleofthebulge
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I am so glad I have learned so much of myself. I understand more why I do certainthings and how to be a better person.
  • PhoenixRising17
    PhoenixRising17 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I am proud of myself for sticking with it and keeping a positive attutide...there have been some days that have been very hard to get through but I am still here and going and just keep tellin myself if I slip up that I will do better tomorrow...I am proud of myself for finding the positive in even things that most would find very negative...for example...this week I actually gained 2lbs...more first real gain since the beginning of this and Im sure its probably just water weight or something from not drinking as much as I usually do so I am not going to let it get me down AND I still surpassed my 5 week goal and I am extremely proud of myself for that!

On days that are harder than others I find motivation through my friends on MFP they have really helped keep me going with their words of inspiration and just always being there for me =) I am very thankful for that...

Also I think of how far I have come in such a short time and know that if I just keep working at it the results will show =)