Lent 2017 - 40 days of logging

Options

Replies

• christys03
    christys03 Posts: 22,784 Member
    Options
    Been a while since I've posted.....but still going strong. Logging, and exercise everyday......looking forward to a day off.....lol.......im thinking it will be weird! It's been a long time!
  • Loug1983
    Loug1983 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Just checking in, I got a little off track last weekend but pleased to report I managed to stay strong this weekend logged everything and feeling good going into this week!
  • _runnerbean_
    _runnerbean_ Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Day 34 Monday. I didn't log properly on Saturday but straight back to it Sunday and today. I had some wine at the weekend but logged it Sunday. Am getting better at including more protein in diet to keep full for longer. Keep up the fantastic work everyone.
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    Day 36 - Wednesday. Still logging. Still exercising. Still not drinking. Still under calories.

Looking forward to Friday's weigh-in to see if all this goody-two-shoes-ness will pay off!

10 more days of Lent! We're on the downhill side of the mountain!
  • southheadstef
    southheadstef Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Still logging! Somehow I put on a whole kilo in a day, without even doing anything wicked - rats. My daughter is on a school trip tonight and my husband and I thought we would go out on a rare 'date'... I might have to use my 'Get Out of Jail Free' card just this once for one little glass of red...
  • _runnerbean_
    _runnerbean_ Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Day 39- I've struggled with my logging the last two days, after about 4pm it all went downhill! I'm back on it today. Only a week to go until Easter Saturday, one final push folks!!!
  • southheadstef
    Options
    Well, I gave up logging on Friday after breakfast, as it was the last day of term and I ate fattening stuff I don't want to think about. Logged on Saturday. Am having a very light day because I have put on TWO kilos this week. Ugh! Now I'm hungry, and my daughter has made a cake ( just to spite me, I suppose!) Only a week left of Lent.
  • RaeBeeBaby
    Options
    I told my husband today that I am now counting down in single digits. He laughed. Funny, but he agreed to give up alcohol for the month of March (rather than all of Lent), but he still hasn't had a drink either. I think he is silently supporting me and I really appreciate that.

Despite being under calories all week AND extra exercise I was up about a pound this week. Booo hiss!

As far as the logging, I fell down on the job for this whole weekend. We traveled to Washington to visit my son and family for my granddaughter's 1st birthday party and spent the night. There was lots of yummy food (taco bar) plus chips, guacamole and a very decadent cake. My son also made homemade margaritas for the adult partiers, but I resisted (just barely). I can't say the same about the cake. I normally don't even eat sweets but I did have a small piece. I'll be back at the logging tomorrow with no cake in sight. My daughter-in-law suggested we go to one of their favorite wineries for wine tasting today, but luckily we ran out of time so I took a raincheck for that one. Whew! Temptation averted!
  • southheadstef
    Options
    Good on you, Rae! I'm ticking off another day, here!
  • jillybean205
    jillybean205 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I can't believe Lent is almost over! And I logged in EVERYDAY!! So proud of all of us!
  • RaeBeeBaby
    Options
    I can't believe Lent is almost over! And I logged in EVERYDAY!! So proud of all of us!

That is amazing! Good for you!!

I have done much better at the logging than in previous months and trying to be as accurate as possible. I think I missed 4 days total since March 1st, so that is way above my average sloppy entries.
  • christys03
    christys03 Posts: 22,784 Member
    Options
    Sorry I kinda fell off of this.....ive still been logging, and working out daily.....im glad Sunday is Easter, as I feel like I'm trying to catch a cold.....hope y'all are still going strong!!!!
  • southheadstef
    Options
    Yes, jillybean! And in the last few days, I've been having dinner really early in order to get to amateur theatre rehearsals. It's meant I don't crave a glass of wine! I do want chocolate, though... Never mind, the Easter Bunny will be here soon!
  • rsmotivated
    rsmotivated Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    We are almost to the finish line. I have logged in each day. My goal was to work out 5 days a week. I made a few weeks at 5 otherwise 3 for sure. Thanks everyone for the motivation.
  • RaeBeeBaby
    Options
    christys03 wrote: »
    Sorry I kinda fell off of this.....ive still been logging, and working out daily.....im glad Sunday is Easter, as I feel like I'm trying to catch a cold.....hope y'all are still going strong!!!!

I started feeling like that last night. Scratchy throat and a little stuffy head. I used Zicam (nasal swabs) plus Cold Eeze lozenges and blackelderberry tincture. So far, so good. I may have nipped it n the bud. Fingers crossed anyway.
  • southheadstef
    Options
    Keep well, people! We had a special meal to welcome home my daughter for the long weekend. Wine would have been nice!
  • Loug1983
    Loug1983 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I failed miserably at this challenge, lol, I had the best of intentions!

Have a great Easter everyone!
  • southheadstef
    Options
    Two more days...!
  • rsmotivated
    rsmotivated Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Last day today. Happy Easter everyone.
  • southheadstef
    Options
    Happy Easter, rsmotivated, and everyone! Nearly there!