I hate you when I hate myself..

2»

Replies

• Thehardmakesitworthit
    Thehardmakesitworthit Posts: 838 Member
    What has helped me is going out in nature. It has a way of removing the ego. I feel so miniscule in this universe when I stare at a tree that will probably still be standing long after I die. And it makes me feel so grateful to be in the present moment. To be here in this wonderfully giving universe. I can't tell you how many times I've been on a nature walk and been hit with a 5-10 min. rush of consciousness where I understand absolutely everything. Everything that could ever be understood, I understand it at that moment in time. And I feel completely bathed in this love and ecstasy and everything is one. You can't just teach or learn this stuff... it's a feeling you gotta surrender to, bro. So the way I see it, there's just so much more to the universe than the people in it. Who are we really in the grand scheme? When I can allow a tree to move me, it becomes so easy to love another human being. I don't have the energy for anything but the love and embracement of everything in this universe.

Does this make any sense?

What has helped me is going out in nature. It has a way of removing the ego. I feel so miniscule in this universe when I stare at a tree that will probably still be standing long after I die. And it makes me feel so grateful to be in the present moment. To be here in this wonderfully giving universe. I can't tell you how many times I've been on a nature walk and been hit with a 5-10 min. rush of consciousness where I understand absolutely everything. Everything that could ever be understood, I understand it at that moment in time. And I feel completely bathed in this love and ecstasy and everything is one. You can't just teach or learn this stuff... it's a feeling you gotta surrender to, bro. So the way I see it, there's just so much more to the universe than the people in it. Who are we really in the grand scheme? When I can allow a tree to move me, it becomes so easy to love another human being. I don't have the energy for anything but the love and embracement of everything in this universe.

Does this make any sense?

Your words ate amazing and I feel it. Ditto.
  • Savagedistraction
    Savagedistraction Posts: 312 Member
    There is core group of viscious "mean housewives" on the boards. I'm trying to learn to not have knee jerk reactions to their posts. They're probably unhappy, and I see what I fear in that, and lash back, which is the least productive thing to do ever, and really don't make me feel better anyway. Need to master the art of "skipping over that"
  • Savagedistraction
    There is core group of viscious "mean housewives" on the boards. I'm trying to learn to not have knee jerk reactions to their posts. They're probably unhappy, and I see what I fear in that, and lash back, which is the least productive thing to do ever, and really don't make me feel better anyway. Need to master the art of "skipping over that"

Sounds like a horror movie.
    more like a bad reality show haha.
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member

There's lots of franchises built around housewives....perhaps a RHoMFP is in the works
  • Savagedistraction
    synchkat wrote: »

There's lots of franchises built around housewives....perhaps a RHoMFP is in the works

there is a thread for that...where do you think those women hang out??
  • Sara1791
    Sara1791 Posts: 760 Member
    I think it comes as no surprise that we are often the most critical of others, the most sarcastic, and the most likely to gossip when we feel we are lacking and failing in our own lives. I have definitely been guilty of this behaviour at times and I'm really trying to keep it in check. I'm not saying I'm going to fake sunshine and rainbows to everybody, or that I'm going to abandon my witty sarcasm when it's appropriate. I think I'm going to start by just refraining from comment when I can tell someone is simply looking for attention, and try to think where that is coming from. Ask more questions. Check my reactions until I have more information. Above all, just trying to practice more tolerance and compassion. It's a struggle at times. When I feel ugly, or afraid, or lonely. That is when I'm most likely to be touchy and critical. So that's my honest analysis, and my plan to change my behaviour in times of stress. Anyone care to discuss their own struggles with this?

I think you posted something honest and vulnerable and brave and true. I'm with you.
  • Sara1791
    Sara1791 Posts: 760 Member
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    Read this:

subtle-art-cover.png

.... or not; I don't care.

I liked this book enough to listen to it 2 1/2 times.
  • Savagedistraction
    well today was a good day. Mentally stopped myself from being snappy and critical x2.
  • DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    well today was a good day. Mentally stopped myself from being snappy and critical x2.

Sometimes just, venting helps; such as: creating this, thread! Good work ((((((((((HUGS))))))))))!