• SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    SomebodyWakeUpHIcks Posts: 3,836 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    @jtegirl1 wrote: »
    lstrat115 wrote: »
    Timshel_ wrote: »
    MFP is experiencing major glitches today.

We need to find out wazzup!

nicki-minaj-mtv-vmas-2015-shade.gif

Nah. To be quite honest, I don't really care.
    This place feels weird and dirty all of a sudden. I can't exactly put my finger on it, but..... something is off

It's been feeling dirty and off to me since I found out there are private groups for people to talk about other members and share information that they've either been told in private or that was posted on someone's page.

Wait, private groups?? That may explain why I see someone with 10,000 posts who rarely posts on the public threads.
  • SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    Options
    jtegirl1 wrote: »

This place feels weird and dirty all of a sudden. I can't exactly put my finger on it, but..... something is off

It's been feeling dirty and off to me since I found out there are private groups for people to talk about other members and share information that they've either been told in private or that was posted on someone's page.

Wait, private groups??

Yes, private groups here on MFP. That's all I know as I would never participate in that kind of *kitten*.

That sucks and is sad as well....

There are some mean people here

It's despicable. I have a suspicion that something I've shared on my wall has been shared as well. Not that I care. I'm an open book. All anyone ever has to do is ask me.

What size are your boobs?
  • SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    Options

Wait, private groups??

Yes, private groups here on MFP. That's all I know as I would never participate in that kind of *kitten*.

It's despicable. I have a suspicion that something I've shared on my wall has been shared as well. Not that I care. I'm an open book. All anyone ever has to do is ask me.

What size are your boobs?

Wouldn't you like to know?! lol

Yes. I have my pen and paper at the ready.
  • FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options

Wait, private groups??

https://youtu.be/jrxI_euTX4A
  • dpwellman
    dpwellman Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    FeraFilia wrote: »
    MFP sometimes deletes catfish.... ;)
    I heard they also delete people who go over their calories.

Well carp. I may disappear soon.

FIFY

• FeraFilia
    Options
    dpwellman wrote: »
    FeraFilia wrote: »
    MFP sometimes deletes catfish.... ;)
    I heard they also delete people who go over their calories.

Well carp. I may disappear soon.

FIFY

Thanks. I never was good at ichthyology.
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Options

Wait, private groups??

There are all kinds of people here. I have been talked about by people here through PM, on Kik, on Instagram, maybe MFP private groups and who knows where else. At one point I almost left because of it, but you know what? F them. If people want to talk they will talk, it doesn't make what they say right. It sucks and it hurts, but the people who really care to get to know me also know the truth. The rest I have to learn to ignore.

<3
  • ILoveGoal
    ILoveGoal Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    c980964d17f7e07190921b064bde4b2a.jpg
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options

That's creepy as fork....another reminder to not trust anyone ever.

I personally think anything I put on the internet is not private...pictures, thoughts, banking info whatever. I also think that I'm not special, important or interesting enough that anyone would care!
  • _dixiana_
    _dixiana_ Posts: 3,262 Member
    Options

Um.....wait... What?
  • LAT1963
    LAT1963 Posts: 1,375 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Vikka the problem is someday you might become important by accident. Imagining a scenario--

Somebody's drowning at the beach and you've been swimming a mile a day for years so you jump in and save them, and then after building you up for a day everyone in the news media digs into your online history trying to get the scoop on dirt to take down the hero, because drama of building up and tearing down sells advertisements.

Whether in public or a 'private room', never say anything on the internet that you wouldn't want to own if it were a headline on the New York times.
  • FairhavenDS
    FairhavenDS Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options

Not going to lie, this kind of makes me want to deactivate, having read this. It's a site based around support and encouragement. This is why we can't have nice things.
  • JLAJ81
    JLAJ81 Posts: 2,477 Member
    Options

Wait, private groups??

There are all kinds of people here. I have been talked about by people here through PM, on Kik, on Instagram, maybe MFP private groups and who knows where else. At one point I almost left because of it, but you know what? F them. If people want to talk they will talk, it doesn't make what they say right. It sucks and it hurts, but the people who really care to get to know me also know the truth. The rest I have to learn to ignore.

Don't you ever go!
    _dixiana_ wrote: »

Um.....wait... What?

Yep it's true
  • FairhavenDS
    FairhavenDS Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options

Not going to lie, this kind of makes me want to deactivate, having read this. It's a site based around support and encouragement. This is why we can't have nice things.

I wouldn't deactivate but it makes me want to not post in the forums, especially jokingly because someone might take something I said out of context. People are going to talk no matter what. It sucks though. I wouldn't ever want to be a part of a closed group just to badmouth people. That's so low.

@FeraFilia I love that quote.

Well, it's an overreaction on my part. But there are some thing I share on my feed with friends because it's semi-anonymous and a safe place because of it, and being able to get all that stupid stuff out of my head and use other folks as a sounding board helps me make better decisions. Now I guess I'm second guessing whether or not it was worth it. You're right, I wouldn't want to have any part in that sort of group.
  • JLAJ81
    JLAJ81 Posts: 2,477 Member
    Options

It's the people that leave and come back with an "anonymous" profile, claiming that they're new, causing the issues. It's absolute LUnacy. Or maybe I'm just deLUsional.

Meow.

So you are saying Lulu did something?
  • FeraFilia
    Options

I wouldn't deactivate but it makes me want to not post in the forums, especially jokingly because someone might take something I said out of context. People are going to talk no matter what. It sucks though. I wouldn't ever want to be a part of a closed group just to badmouth people. That's so low.

My way of thinking is... If you let them run you off, they win. And that quote pops into my head frequently, and is the reason I keep my mouth shut about people 95% of the time. The rest of the time I just can't quite help myself.

Nobody's perfect.
  • SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    Options
    I've only been here a month so I'm still learning what to say and what not to say.

• FeraFilia
    Options

I know I give off a certain persona here that people prob think I am a certain way when I am not. It's just fun to be flirty and outrageous sometimes. So I wouldn't be surprised if people talk about me based on what I've posted in the forums. Its pretty pathetic to be part of a group that does talk about other members and especially despicable to share private stuff that was not shared publically.

Some people have fun.

Other people hate seeing people have fun.