Stone????WHAT!?

Options
1222324252628»

Replies

• girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    Best. Thread. Ever!!!!! :D<3

I'm supposed to have started making my tea half an hour ago and instead have been giggling on the sofa. That's dinner btw rather than hot drink! ;)

only if you're northern. To a Southerner, what you are preparing is supper. ;)
  • cazbit
    cazbit Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Sued0nim wrote: »
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    So y'all just throw some heavy cream on your biscuits and jelly and call it a scone? Then call it different kinds of scones based on whether you go cream or jelly first.
    Got it.

Y'all need to start deep frying stuff.

It's not a biscuit it's a cake ... Well it's not really a cake but it's not a biscuit ...it's a cakey biscuit

And a biscuit is a cookie anyway

Why on earth you'd cover it in gravy is beyond me

Ah the age old biscuit or cake argument. Jaffa cake anyone?
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    cazbit wrote: »
    Sued0nim wrote: »
    So y'all just throw some heavy cream on your biscuits and jelly and call it a scone? Then call it different kinds of scones based on whether you go cream or jelly first.
    Got it.

It's not a biscuit it's a cake ... Well it's not really a cake but it's not a biscuit ...it's a cakey biscuit

And a biscuit is a cookie anyway

Why on earth you'd cover it in gravy is beyond me

Ah the age old biscuit or cake argument. Jaffa cake anyone?

A Jaffa cake has been determined in law to be very much a cake. And cakes are VAT free. Unlike biscuits. Or sanitary towels. VAT is only applied to non-necessities (?) therefore all cakes should be macros.
  • RUNucbar
    RUNucbar Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    We live in the past. Don't mind us.

I buy fabric by the meter but measure my own height in feet. Mashing the two together for no reason is fairly common because we Brits like to overcomplicate things.
  • TrutraG
    TrutraG Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I am surprised no one has mentioned mince pies of the Christmas variety!
  • Sassia
    Sassia Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    *Embraces thread warmly* I am home :)
  • TheJourneyToFabulous
    TheJourneyToFabulous Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Got it.

Go to Scotland. Deep fry all of the things there, including meat pies, Mars bars and pizza. I'm Scottish now living in England where they don't deep fry as many things. Fried food is delicious.

A scone with ice cream would be terrible, the texture of a scone is quite uniquely suited to jam and clotted cream. I'm not a cream fan generally but clotted? Give me a spoon!

I knew I liked Scotland.
    How about Oreos? Deep fried Oreos are like manna from heaven.

There are places actually that do deep fried oreos. Hardly any of my chip shops do deep fried but one near me does deep fried creme eggs, mars bars yuck
  • subakwa
    subakwa Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Had to find this and link it after the Ambrosia advert. More West Country fineness :)
    https://youtu.be/eOHAUvbuV4o
  • fitmom4lifemfp
    fitmom4lifemfp Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    What does this mean? I seen people say they lost 3-5 stone? What does this mean and how do you know what's what? Please explain!

LOL! You must not get out much! Just kidding!! :p
  • thielke2015
    thielke2015 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Tea
  • lightenup2016
    lightenup2016 Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options
    I just have to jump in late to this party to say that "clotted cream" sounds like something oozing from a festering wound.

On the other hand, I do love scones, at least the ones they sell here in the US. Nothing goes on it for me, though, but they go well with coffee.

Funny, I was just yesterday googling "why the British sound American when they sing" :lol: