Evening walk and terrible people

Options

Replies

• Morganbennett1
    Morganbennett1 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry this happened to you. Unfortunately we live in a world where people can be ugly and horrible to each other without much consequence. I listen to my ipod on walks, and then when people honk or yell out their windows, I like to think they are cheering me on, regardless of what they are actually saying! Many of us have dealt with bullying throughout our lives, and people will be bullies regardless of how much you change. I like to just take in what people say, note it in my head, and then move on and move forward. I don't have time to worry about what other people think of me. Find support in your friends on here, and go out there and do what you love to do.
  • Mary407
    Mary407 Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    Ugh, terrible people is right. Good for you to keep going with your walk. You are stronger than a some random stranger who feels the need to say that kind of thing. Way to go with the walking!!!
  • Julesbait
    Julesbait Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    You have loads of determination, a beautiful spirit, a dazzling smile, and a great attitude. Those fools only wish they could be you. Keep on walking, fellow Hoosier! :)
  • nevadavis1
    nevadavis1 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry. Hope it doesn't discourage you.
  • CoachJen71
    CoachJen71 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry this happened to you! *fierce hug* Some people are just jerks.
  • danigirl1011
    danigirl1011 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Screw them! They were not raised right and need to put down others to feel they can go on with life. You are doing this for you and i give you a hug and a high five! Keep on with it. Hopefully you don't encounter any other jerks!
  • Libby283
    Libby283 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    He is a jerk. Do not be discouraged. Keep walking. You are doing this for you. :) Do not waste a second thinking or caring about some random persons opinion of you.
  • mspris2u
    mspris2u Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Just turn up your music and KEEP on walking girl! Don't let people like that ruin your shine!
  • PrincessMel72
    PrincessMel72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I'm so very sorry this happened to you. Hold your head up high and know that you're improving yourself with every step you take. People that need to do things like that really are awful people. You continue doing what makes you happy regardless of what those idiots have to say!
  • feathernaut
    feathernaut Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry that happened to you. I'm really proud you went back out again after this happened.

This has happened to me before. I changed my walking route for a while. Then, I decided to think of them as a test. If I could keep going after that, then I knew I would accomplish my goals.

I wish you the best.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,931 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear that!
    Try to just think of them as stupid people who don't matter, and whose opinions don't matter.

If it makes you feel better, my husband and I were screamed at yesterday as we walked home from the bus. The person just screamed "AHHHHHHH!!!" to make us jump. All it means is there's one more stupid person I didn't know about until then. I know it's not the same, but... well... in the end maybe all screaming can just be screaming and not worth your time to think about!!