Evening walk and terrible people

Options

Replies

• fitzmonkey13
    fitzmonkey13 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys so much! This all really helped. I am going to get back out this evening and do my walk!

That ^^ right there? is the best part of this post. *kitten* happen. You just have to figure out how best to live your life in the face of that fact. So glad you are going to get back out there.
  • Heather4448
    Heather4448 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys so much! This all really helped. I am going to get back out this evening and do my walk!

You are all kinds of awesome! Keep on going!
  • eok902
    eok902 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Well done for getting back out there and not letting it derail you. I also vote for iPod/music/headphones. Sometimes when I'm running I wear the headphones even when I don't have my music turned up as I think it deters idiots from trying to get your attention.

Good luck on your journey!
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options

Hurray for you!! That's awesome :smiley:
  • Andydutz
    Andydutz Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Absolutely disgusting behaviour, be yourself and don't let this get you down. Keep on walking and be proud
  • oceanblue6
    oceanblue6 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    This gets me so mad-- haters gonna hate, but I am so sorry that someone's ugliness and self-hatred was directed at you. As others have stated, this has everything to do with them and nothing to do with you. I am so glad that you are going to walk again tonight. Please imagine all of us on this thread walking right alongside you!
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Probably just stupid teenagers (not saying that they are all stupid, just the ones in this scenario). They are self-absorbed and more interested in showing off for one another. It's not about you. It's them.
  • DietPrada
    DietPrada Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    I must have thick skin, I soooo don't care a bit what people think of me. I care what I think of me, and what my family and friends think of me, but random trash on the street? Nope.

Some people are just d!cks. A few weeks ago I was riding my horse along the side of the road and a car load of idiots went past with one of them hanging his bare *kitten* out the window and the other two yelling abuse and beeping their horn. Lucky my horse is quiet.
  • bobtater1
    bobtater1 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Hon you have a fantastic smile!! You just keep smiling and walking. :)
  • Traveler120
    Traveler120 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Next time just give them the finger.
  • StacywithaY
    StacywithaY Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I love that you kept on walking! You are a badass :smiley:
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    You are better than they are.
    Walk tall and share your wonderful self with the world.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    People are trash. {{{hugs}}}
  • TheChaoticBuffalo
    TheChaoticBuffalo Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Just keep in mind that you're getting thinner and fitter, but that person will always be an *kitten*. B)
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    The same person will harass a young girl, or make stupid jokes at a disabled person or someone with glasses and so on. It is not your problem he is an idiot. Do not let idiots run your life.
  • LauraInTheWater
    LauraInTheWater Posts: 477 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Funny thing is, most of the people on MFP have been in your shoes at some point. In college I was on the parking deck and I had a group of beautiful girls drive by me and yell "Get out of the way you fat *fillintheblank*." Seriously, I felt so belittled at that moment because all of my insecurities were on display for everyone in the parking deck to see. I use these memories as a reminder of who I was. I love seeing overweight people doing yard work, going for walks, riding their bikes! Everyone should. Because it means they are working on improving their health, as we all should be, regardless of our size.
  • LadyLilion
    LadyLilion Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    eok902 wrote: »
    Well done for getting back out there and not letting it derail you. I also vote for iPod/music/headphones. Sometimes when I'm running I wear the headphones even when I don't have my music turned up as I think it deters idiots from trying to get your attention.

Good luck on your journey!

Another music person here. I pop in my earbuds, set my phone on Pandora and stream oldies as I walk. Nobody can touch you when you're listening to James Brown and Aretha Franklin - R E S P E C T!

• PeachesNcreamgal
    PeachesNcreamgal Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I have been called an elephant atleast 3 times while I was jogging! I cried. I cursed. I almost had a meltdown-in public but i still run and always plan to!!! So chin up girl!!! You've got this and remember you are doing this for you!! Best of luck!