Eating a donut after months of healthy eating = nearly puked.

1235»

Replies

• BruinsGal_91
    BruinsGal_91 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Pastry does it me yet I love a greggs sausage roll.

Us Northern lasses love greggs

@RuNaRoUnDaFiEld waves from a fellow Northern lass. I'm travelling back up North next week (I live in the States these days) and can't wait to dive head first into a Greggs cheese and onion pasty. Gonna eat it in the street too, just to annoy my mum.
  • ana_varn
    ana_varn Posts: 98 Member
    Same thing happened to me. I was eating fairly healthy and then I had a high-fat meal and suffered. I ended up having pain with certain meals such as fatty meats, eggs and avocados. Chocolate was ok in small quantities. My doctor thought I had a stomach ulcer. One day I ate two cookies for breakfast. I was in pain the whole day. My back and the right shoulder. I had to go to the doctor. Did some tests and turned out I had a 2.5cm gallstone. I had a surgery this January and up to this day eating avocados, tofu and whole eggs makes me throw up. Other fatty foods have been ok.

There could be an underlying health problem, is all I am saying. It can be psychological or it can also be a tolerance thing as well. Especially if it happened after a period of eating a non-donut diet. :open_mouth:
  • Hungry_Shopgirl
    Hungry_Shopgirl Posts: 329 Member
    amyepdx wrote: »
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    I think this kind of stuff is mostly in people's heads and that at minimum they're suffering from mild orthorexia...

Right - it's like The MFP version of a FB humblebrag

^^^ Hilarious, and so true!
  • subcounter
    subcounter Posts: 2,382 Member
    dudebro200 wrote: »
    Not sure what's going on here.

I ate a donut and a 1/2, and I haven't had any since November 2016.

Now, I have really bad chest pains, and I feel nauseous. Is my body used to more clean foods?

there is burning acid-like feeling from my mouth through to my stomach. I feel like can't eat anything else, and I am fairly dizzy too. I have felt this way before like 3 years ago, after I ate a bowl full of fried onion rings at a steak restaurant.

It's an inflamed feeling, and not a stomach flu feeling.

Have any other dieters experienced this? Not sure if this is worth a doctor's visit.

Sounds like a classic case of Acid Reflux. It gets worse with fried food. Especially if they've gone over the smoke point of the oil or they've used the same oil in a few days, which they do in a lot of places.

Usual triggers are usually super oily stuff, non-distilled booze like wine etc. Just google acid reflux diet, and follow your body in terms of what messes up your stomach, and simply avoid it. Just because some random dude on MFP ate a dozen Donut's and nothing happened to him does not mean you should do the same and suffer stomach pain.
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    subcounter wrote: »

Now, I have really bad chest pains, and I feel nauseous. Is my body used to more clean foods?

there is burning acid-like feeling from my mouth through to my stomach. I feel like can't eat anything else, and I am fairly dizzy too. I have felt this way before like 3 years ago, after I ate a bowl full of fried onion rings at a steak restaurant.

Have any other dieters experienced this? Not sure if this is worth a doctor's visit.

Sounds like a classic case of Acid Reflux. It gets worse with fried food. Especially if they've gone over the smoke point of the oil or they've used the same oil in a few days, which they do in a lot of places.

Usual triggers are usually super oily stuff, non-distilled booze like wine etc. Just google acid reflux diet, and follow your body in terms of what messes up your stomach, and simply avoid it. Just because some random dude on MFP ate a dozen Donut's and nothing happened to him does not mean you should do the same and suffer stomach pain.

can people actually eat that many doughnuts?
    is it all in one setting or over a period of days
    thats just amazing.
  • ana_varn
    ana_varn Posts: 98 Member

That is also very likely. In many stores they're using the same oils for frying more than a couple of times. In that case, no matter what you're eating on the regular, it could be that this is going to be harsh on your stomach.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Wait, who ate a dozen doughnuts? I miss all the posts.

Lesson seems to be, be more picky where you get your doughnuts.
  • subcounter
    subcounter Posts: 2,382 Member

can people actually eat that many doughnuts?
    is it all in one setting or over a period of days
    thats just amazing.

Do not try this at home:

• amyepdx
    amyepdx Posts: 750 Member
    I live in Portland home of Voodo and Blue Star. I have a friend visiting from out of town tomorrow and I think a donut for breakfast sounds perfect. Even though I've lost 97 lbs, I'm pretty sure I won't puke over a single donut.
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,300 Member
    I'm glad to read others have problems feeling sick because I ate out 4 times last month (rarely eat out) & each time i felt sick to my stomach even tho I ate "well". One meal was a sirloin steak & green beans. They must put something in restaurant food. (never bothered me before) Yesterday I made my husband breaded & fried tilapia, I never eat fried foods any more (I do use olive oil for saute without a problem) I had a small piece & had diarrhea rest of the day
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Evamutt wrote: »
    I'm glad to read others have problems feeling sick because I ate out 4 times last month (rarely eat out) & each time i felt sick to my stomach even tho I ate "well". One meal was a sirloin steak & green beans. They must put something in restaurant food. (never bothered me before) Yesterday I made my husband breaded & fried tilapia, I never eat fried foods any more (I do use olive oil for saute without a problem) I had a small piece & had diarrhea rest of the day

Are there others like me who think this sounds like disordered thinking about food?
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Orphia wrote: »
    Evamutt wrote: »

Are there others like me who think this sounds like disordered thinking about food?

This does sound like a lot of psychosomatic stuff going on. Steak and green beans, unless contaminated, are not usually likely to cause upset, and a small piece of anything that isn't contaminated is also unlikely to cause upset. Of course there is also the possibility that these might have been bad meals or coincidentally happened to be consumed around the time of a stomach bug so they're more likely to stick out in memory. Other "bad foods" attempts might have been forgotten if they did not cause issues.
  • CasperNaegle
    CasperNaegle Posts: 936 Member
    Just sounds like heartburn.
  • DaniCanadian
    DaniCanadian Posts: 261 Member
    I feel exactly like that when I eat higher fat/high sugar stuff, chips and milk chocolate stuff in particular.