Let's Have a Normal Conversation...

Options

Replies

• SaraMA1
    SaraMA1 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Hush Boy.. you are cruel! lol
    Tomk652015 wrote: »
    chimichanga.......that deliciously fried burrito of goodness. steak or chicken works for me and makes me very happy.

• shortgirlsneedlovetoo
    shortgirlsneedlovetoo Posts: 4,592 Member
    Options
    Tomk652015 wrote: »
    chimichanga.......that deliciously fried burrito of goodness. steak or chicken works for me and makes me very happy.

Yummy Tom
  • SaraMA1
    Options
    if anyone knows anything about lifting.. I am sure there are forums out there on this topic.. But how often should a female "lift"? I am trying to tone my arms and do several routines, and I use 12lb free weights.. is that to light and is twice a week to little?
  • T0M_K
    T0M_K Posts: 7,526 Member
    Options
    dont get me started on the homemade tortilla chips and that mexican cheese sauce. *sigh* this is YOUR fault Sara.
  • thedcubed1
    thedcubed1 Posts: 7,209 Member
    Options
    SaraMA1 wrote: »
    if anyone knows anything about lifting.. I am sure there are forums out there on this topic.. But how often should a female "lift"? I am trying to tone my arms and do several routines, and I use 12lb free weights.. is that to light and is twice a week to little?

Well depends on what you're able to lift really. I started doing StrongLifts 5x5 but that's for a whole body kind of workout and getting stronger. If you're doing lighter weight you'd want to do more sets and reps to keep the "intensity" up. Admittedly, I'm fairly new to the lifting thing though :smile:
  • T0M_K
    Options
    SaraMA1 wrote: »

its all about goals. its never to little. anything is better than nothing. and start small and slow and work up progressively. don't over do because injuries suck and just derail you.

Bodyweight exercises are great for beginners, pushups, chair dips, planks for your core. My advice and its just that..one dudes advice, is that you start something you are willing to stick with. so start easy and don't make a huge deal of it because if your like me...if takes an act of congress to get in a workout...i just won't stick with it.

there are lots of things you can do with a couple free weights. over head presses, curls, reverse curls etc etc etc.
  • thedcubed1
    thedcubed1 Posts: 7,209 Member
    Options
    ^^ And what he said
  • T0M_K
    Options
    Squats, lunges, calf raises, burpees. just tons of options out there for a good workout.
  • T0M_K
    Options
    I should do what ^ said :|
  • SaraMA1
    Options
    Thanks guys! I will stick with the routine that I have for now and see if it does anything!
    I love doing planks and push ups, ect as part of Tabata!
  • T0M_K
    Options
    your gonna make me google.
  • SaraMA1
    Options
    Did you say burpees? YUCK!!!! haha
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    What Tom said but also read The Female Body BreakThrough by Rachel Cosgrove. It is what got me started lifting.
  • SaraMA1
    Options
    Thanks! I will check it out!
    What Tom said but also read The Female Body BreakThrough by Rachel Cosgrove. It is what got me started lifting.

• bigmuneymfp
    bigmuneymfp Posts: 2,235 Member
    Options
    Look up "man maker"
  • SaraMA1
    Options
    YES, I do those every now and again to mix things up. Great for the arms, back and core!
    Look up "man maker"

• SaraMA1
    Options
    I am down for anything but those turkish getups!
  • T0M_K
    Options
    Good morning posers of normality. I butchered my calorie intake via a huge freakin Stromboli. my son wanted stromboli... did log it....don't even know how...just know it was huge and i only ate half...had to be half the size of a large pizza.

this may have belonged in the confession thread..but they don't really confess much crap over there..
  • Dazzler21
    Dazzler21 Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    What does chloroform smell like?
  • MrStabbems
    MrStabbems Posts: 3,110 Member
    Options
    dazzler21 wrote: »
    What does chloroform smell like?

slightly sweet solvent. It also doesn't work in the "wet rag over face" form...