"Clean eating" lost 127lbs and creeping up on the scale due to introducing processed foods!

Options
titsqh4hfvtp.png
vh2u9p4aapph.jpg
8hj9s0z7qitg.jpg
1tra16fq4a6n.png
Anyone else having this problem! I ate completely raw. Whole grains Less refined carbs like bread but if I ate bread it was whole grain! Well I still have whole grain pasta or rice and corn pasta, pasta made from brown rice! I just introduced condiments into my diet! Maple syrup in my oatmeal for breakfast. After a year worth of restrictions and my body is going crazy with these things! Plus I've been eating homemade snack and some processed thing in complete moderation! My scale has been going up lately! I'm disappointed in myself for achieve my lowest weight to slowly climbing the scale. It has to be all the excess sodium and sugar! If I can I do make things from scratch but i try if I do eat anything processed or mass produced I'll find the healthiest option because if not so easy making everything from scratch!!! I am planning on detoxing soon to get rid of all the toxins. I've been trying to hold a some what vegan diet but I need to eat more protein! Idk I'm trying to find that right healthy balance. Maybe I need more exercise now so I can eat more. At one point in my weight loss journey I was eating to little and working out to much and I'm in the stage where I'm trying to find the healthy balance of eating like a normal human being and working out and being healthy with or depriving myself of malnourishing myself! Idk I have been having trouble with eating and working out. I can't seem to find a perfect balance. I plan out meals and try to plan out my days or meals in advanced! I walk Back and forth to work. I prep the healthiest meals I can with flavor now after so long of eating bland foods. Now I see myself going crazy with additives. I eat a lot of veggies and fruits and nuts. Idk I'm at a point in my life and my weightloss journey where I'm trying not to go back to my old way and I feel like I could be going back.

Replies

• thechaoswithinme
    thechaoswithinme Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    @Chef_Barbell I measure my foods. I actually should buy a food scale. That going on to my list for things to buy this week!! That's going to be my best purchase! I forgot about a foods scale. I need a treadmill or exercise equipment Thank you
  • 8675mir
    8675mir Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    You need to eat healthy foods for the rest of your life or else you will gain the weight back. Think of it not as a diet but a lifestyle change. You have to eat healthy to have a happy healthy life. Try to exercise and re-elevuate what you are eating. Doesn't need to be vegan but needs to be healthy. I recommend no sugar, no salt and no processed foods. Good luck. You can do it!
  • thechaoswithinme
    Options
    How did you 'eat completely raw' but had bread, pasta etc?
    @Alatariel75
    Ate one point all I ate was veggies and fruit. And then I incorporated whole grains like brown rice, quinoa then I added whole wheat bread and corn or rice
  • thechaoswithinme
    Options
    Maggie4211 wrote: »
    You need to eat healthy foods for the rest of your life or else you will gain the weight back. Think of it not as a diet but a lifestyle change. You have to eat healthy to have a happy healthy life. Try to exercise and re-elevuate what you are eating. Doesn't need to be vegan but needs to be healthy. I recommend no sugar, no salt and no processed foods. Good luck. You can do it!

No this is horrible advice. All or nothing mentality is not good.
    @Maggie4211 @Chef_Barbell I see where both you are coming from! I'm trying to find that balance! I feel like I need to eat healthy for the rest of my life restricting all those things but I know that's not the correct way to eat! I should find pleasure and flavor in my food and not have a negative relationship with it
  • thechaoswithinme
    Options
    @Maggie4211 @Chef_Barbell at one point I restricted so much and now I feel like I'm unhinging. I eat a lot of veggies stills dn whole grains. I incorporated whole wheat bread and condiments.. trying to do plant based. Eating things in extreme moderation! I'm a foodie and love to cook! I'm trying to find a healthier and guilt and worry free lifestyle. I just want to be happy and healthy and enjoy my meals and snack likes I used to without going back to my old 253lb pound self
  • ent3rsandman
    ent3rsandman Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Maggie4211 wrote: »

Dear lord, please do not follow this advice unless you get some kind of high off telling people how particular you are about what you put into your body. This is a terrible way of approaching weight loss.

There's nothing wrong with sugar, sodium, or processed foods.
  • thechaoswithinme
    Options
    I'm living in fear that I will go back to those old ways and I have anxiety and worry about every meal
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    @Maggie4211 @Chef_Barbell at one point I restricted so much and now I feel like I'm unhinging. I eat a lot of veggies stills dn whole grains. I incorporated whole wheat bread and condiments.. trying to do plant based. Eating things in extreme moderation! I'm a foodie and love to cook! I'm trying to find a healthier and guilt and worry free lifestyle. I just want to be happy and healthy and enjoy my meals and snack likes I used to without going back to my old 253lb pound self

You can do both... it will lead to less binging.
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    Options
    I'm living in fear that I will go back to those old ways and I have anxiety and worry about every meal

This is where knowing how many calories you're eating can be a great stress reducer. When you weigh and measure your food and maintain your diary you can make informed decisions on when, what and how much to eat without the stress of guessing if adding the mayo to the sandwich will undo all your work. When you get that food scale, use it faithfully and I think you'll be surprised at how much it can reduce food anxiety. :)