Products of Interest: CANADIAN Edition

Replies

• annacole94
    annacole94 Posts: 997 Member
    Speaking of McD's. Have they added a calorie count to their menus across the country? I know it is law in Ontario, but I noticed it on the menu board this weekend in BC.
    I see it here in SK, where it is not the law and is pretty uncommon. Glad they've rolled it out here!
  • boopster99
    boopster99 Posts: 48 Member
    I don't live in Canada...but if I did...
    I would eat Kit Kat 70 Dark bars ALL...DAY...LONG.
    They seem to have them in every gas station/airport/grocery store in Canada...I don't know why I can't find them in the U.S. (although that's probably a good thing for me).

My daughter lives in California now, every time I go to visit there's a long list of favourite sweets (and other oddball goodies) to bring along to keep her going another few months! I'll trade you some Kit Kats for a halo top ice cream!! :p
  • alves_patricia
    alves_patricia Posts: 16 Member
    I want Enlightened and Halo Top so bad too ! Unfortunately, I emailed both companies (yes I'm one of those lol) without success... :(

rybj11nan71l.png
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    edited April 2017
    BaddS4 wrote: »
    Schwatz's Montreal smoked meat and Bergeron cheese are a few of my guilty pleasures!!! :smile: I also love Oka cheese!!!
    Oka cheese is fantastic!!!! We get a wedge every month. *drool*

I had no idea that PC had skyr!! Awesome! I want to use it in my protien cheesecake eaaaaat it (because it is not good in the protien cheesecake, apparently) thanks @crazyravr :) We have a provigo and Maxi nearby.
    Speaking of McD's. Have they added a calorie count to their menus across the country? I know it is law in Ontario, but I noticed it on the menu board this weekend in BC.
    They have here in QC. I thought it was amazing. The calorie counts were right next to the food name and price on the bakery items. I couldn't see the menu since my glasses broke a year ago.

Anyone been to one of those "make your own burgers" McD's? They're great!
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    crazyravr wrote: »
    So Delicious coconut ice cream is to die for and for 110cal / 125ml is pretty good treat at RCSS.
    PC Skyr is a weekly buy for me at RCSS.
    Joseph's low carb flat breads, pitas, lavash are always on the list, Nutrition House a local health food store or online.
    Metro has Promise GF bagels which are huge and 130cal each.
    Would help other if you post where to buy this stuff you speak of haha :)

These are such good finds, I haven't been to RCSS in a while, been low renting at No Frills lol
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    BaddS4 wrote: »
    Schwatz's Montreal smoked meat and Bergeron cheese are a few of my guilty pleasures!!! :smile: I also love Oka cheese!!!
    Oka cheese is fantastic!!!! We get a wedge every month. *drool*

I had no idea that PC had skyr!! Awesome! I want to use it in my protien cheesecake @crazyravr :) We have a provigo and Maxi nearby.
    They have here in QC. I thought it was amazing. The calorie counts were right next to the food name and price on the bakery items. I couldn't see the menu since my glasses broke a year ago.

Anyone been to one of those "make your own burgers" McD's? They're great!

Dont use SKYR in the protein cheesecake. It will come out with weird very very thick texture. Tried it.

Oh damn! Thanks for the heads up!

I'll just nom it as it is.
  • stephaniezinone
    stephaniezinone Posts: 22 Member
    fascha wrote: »
    So Delicious coconut ice cream is to die for and for 110cal / 125ml is pretty good treat at RCSS.
    Joseph's low carb flat breads, pitas, lavash are always on the list, Nutrition House a local health food store or online.

These are such good finds, I haven't been to RCSS in a while, been low renting at No Frills lol

"Low rent" No Frills (where I live) has PC Skyr.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    I'm a NYer, but I'm following this closely because we have a trip to Toronto planned this summer to catch a Yankees/Blue Jays game. Thanks to this thread we will also be shopping for the Kit Kat 70 Dark, Cheecha Puffs and Oka cheese. At minimum. Ain't no shame in my food game!
  • inertiastrength

I've never seen it at mine, are you in Ontario?
  • stephaniezinone
    stephaniezinone Posts: 22 Member

I've never seen it at mine, are you in Ontario?

Yes.
  • JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    edited April 2017
    janjunie wrote: »
    Another Canadian here. Our Oreos are lower in calories than American ones, so while we might not have all the cool flavours that Americans' have, we can eat two for 110 calories VS two for 150 calories in the USA. Ha sorry that's all I can contribute, but watching this thread and getting some good ideas.

This is only true of original oreos and golden. All the specialty flavours seem to run 150 per 2 just like Double Stuff. Still better than Dare sandwich cookies that run 190 per 2 I guess (although year long pumpkin spice...).

Pillers Salami Whips (ETA: available at Loblaws) are awesome, the macros are perfect for keto if you opt for the Kabanosy variety. But be sure you are weighing this product, the stated total product is always grossly incorrect.

• nespoIa
    nespoIa Posts: 8 Member
    I love Yogen Fruz! (The original kind where you pick a couple frozen fruits and they mix it with the plain frozen yogurt).
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    I love going to my local T&T and simply picking up a bunch of foreign to me veggies and then coming home and searching what to do with them haha. The supermarket also has all kinds of interesting kinds of meats and Asian treats galore :)

Ooo yea I love T&T !
  • annacole94
    annacole94 Posts: 997 Member
    T&T hasn't made it here yet, but I've noticed Superstore stocking more of their house brand products. We stop when we're in Alberta to stock up on gluten-free oyster sauce for my celiac father-in-law.
  • hollyfoord
    hollyfoord Posts: 30 Member
    Krisda sugar-free chocolate chips. 1 tbsp = 50 cal. Also I've tried a lot of Carb-Rite products and most have been successful. Think muffins with less than 60 calories & maple sugar oatmeal with 90 cal. and no sugar, 12 grams of protein.
  • inertiastrength
    Has anyone tried Cool Whey ice cream?
  • KayHBE
    KayHBE Posts: 906 Member
    I want to try and find a low calorie, tasty bread. There is lots of options if you are in the US but here? Anything besides Weight Watchers that we can buy? And I am not talking about two slices at 50g total for a serving. Cause almost any bread can be that. I am talking about proper serving.

I don't eat very much bread but I keep in my freezer Sliver Hills Little Big Bread 110 calories for 2 slices (43g)
    It's not too bad a little on the small side and my teen boy had zero complaints. Costco had it in 2 packs
  • steph2strong
    steph2strong Posts: 426 Member
    Mad Mexican brand Black Bean dip, guacamole and pico di gallo... AMAZING! Canada's Own Chicken Noodle Soup, Cook's 17 soups. Little Big Bread. PC Skyr, plain... my absolute favourite, and Liberte brand greek yogurt. E.D. Smith Sugar free maple syrup. Nature's Path frozen waffles. Love Grown Foods Oat, Chia, flax, quinoa blend... way way better than plain oats. Love Grown Food Power O's. Simply Protein Whey Bar Mint chocolate or maple pecan flavour.