5000 calories over

Options
13»

Replies

• endlessfall16
    endlessfall16 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    About the feeling bad thing... I'd still be over 200 lbs if I didn't feel bad when I overeat. It's not necessarily unhealthy...

Same for me. For example I could allow myself to enjoy as much bacon as available but these days I make myself feel averse to it by recalling how salty it tastes or imagining all the heart clogging effect. I rarely eat bacon anymore even when it's readily available in brunch. Not sure if I'm missing out or suffering anything but I'm sure enjoying better blood pressure marks.

• annaclaireblack
    annaclaireblack Posts: 63 Member
    Options

[/quote]

Weight loss isn't linear. With water retention and whatnot, it can take a while for fat changes to register. Besides, OP might have lost half a pound that day, for all I know... except it didn't happen because he overate.[/quote]

So if you weighed in at 130 lbs prior to eating 5000 calories over maintenance, then the next morning weighed 135 lbs (assuming most of that would be water weight), but then evened out over the next week at 132 lbs, you're saying that even a week later the weight could continue to increase even if the calories were at maintenance because of the one day 2 weeks ago?

I'm sorry I'm trying to understand!!
  • Hoshiko
    Hoshiko Posts: 179 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    About the feeling bad thing... I'd still be over 200 lbs if I didn't feel bad when I overeat. It's not necessarily unhealthy...

Same for me. For example I could allow myself to enjoy as much bacon as available but these days I make myself feel averse to it by recalling how salty it tastes or imagining all the heart clogging effect. I rarely eat bacon anymore even when it's readily available in brunch. Not sure if I'm missing out or suffering anything but I'm sure enjoying better blood pressure marks.

I'm glad that works for you, and I understand the intention behind your advice. But, you asked if it was possible for people to go from one disorder to another and people gave you examples of how it was possible, and even common. Cultivating an aversion to food may work for you, but in some people it can be very harmful.

You seem like you have a pretty good handle on things yourself. There were some red flags in the OPs post, which is why there was a concern. I wouldn't call that fear-mongering, just a genuine desire to help.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,121 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options

Weight loss isn't linear. With water retention and whatnot, it can take a while for fat changes to register. Besides, OP might have lost half a pound that day, for all I know... except it didn't happen because he overate.

So if you weighed in at 130 lbs prior to eating 5000 calories over maintenance, then the next morning weighed 135 lbs (assuming most of that would be water weight), but then evened out over the next week at 132 lbs, you're saying that even a week later the weight could continue to increase even if the calories were at maintenance because of the one day 2 weeks ago?

I'm sorry I'm trying to understand!!

No. You're fine. Carry on.
  • annaclaireblack
    annaclaireblack Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Thank you everybody who responded! It's greatly appreciated, I am going to work on this because I'm tired of living this way. Thank you everybody!
  • Theo166
    Theo166 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options

Weight loss isn't linear. With water retention and whatnot, it can take a while for fat changes to register. Besides, OP might have lost half a pound that day, for all I know... except it didn't happen because he overate.[/quote]

I'm sorry I'm trying to understand!![/quote]

If you ate 5k calories, you will gain weight from the fat storage but it might not show up on the scale because you had a big poo and you also peed off some water weight. Likewise I can gain several pounds just from eating a small bag of sunflower seeds (it's water weight). If I ate the seeds without drinking, I wouldn't have gained the scale weight.

Water weight is not directly tied to your calorie consumption, but does correlate over time.