That Person!!! at the office! (What do they do to drive you insane?)

Options
13»

Replies

• PrincessMel72
    PrincessMel72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    "Debbie Downer" at my office - everything is soooooo negative all the time. You know, there are people that are always upbeat, smiling and happy and then there's this woman who cannot find the good in ANYTHING. Yesterday, someone got chips and salsa from a local restaurant and left the remaining ones in the kitchen for anyone to have. The side of the bag said "Don't be anti-social" in big, red lettering and just below that it said "follow us on Twitter, FB, etc". She walks in, looks at the bag and says, "how RUDE! A restaurant putting that on their bags saying people are anti-social is just plain RUDE and insensitive. That's ridiculous. I'll never eat there again". Like whoa lady, calm your panties!!!! It's a play on words...duh. I bet she's an awesome time at a party!
  • Tayykisses
    Tayykisses Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    WHAT DOESN'T SHE DO?!?! She is ALWAYS in someone's business, running back and forth to the boss telling any/everything she can hear/see. Then there's another girl who literally CRIES all the time. Girl is like 30 and cries if someone looks at her wrong. Then there's a negative chick... I mean, EVERYTHING is negative. You could literally tell her "Here's 1000 dollars, have fun with it" and she'd respond with "yeah, lets see how long this will last. got to pay so many damn bills. cant catch a break". I just hate my job. and 90 percent of the people here. Lol. I try to be a happy upbeat person but i mainly want to strangle them all. :)
  • Tayykisses
    Tayykisses Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Another teacher calls himself a squirrel. Literally. He's always like, "We squirrels...". He also occasionally squeaks. Not squeaking like a rusty chair. He literally says, "Squeak! What a large donut!"

He's more of a hilarious eccentric than a Michael Scott...but some days....

i got so tickled reading this omg : :D
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    I call her "the Sniffer". She sniffs constantly, all day long. And I just found out she snaps her gum, too. Yayness.
  • nevadavis1
    nevadavis1 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Guy across from me eats candy and/or snack cakes/cupcakes from the snack machine all day long. He'll open the crinkly plastic package, very slowly, take part of one, put the other half back in, crinkle the package closed, put it away in a drawer, then seriously, like one minute later opens the drawer, takes package out, crinkle, crinkle, crinkle, until he finishes that package and starts a new one.
  • Jgalla8
    Jgalla8 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    We have a dude at my office that makes animal noises (goats, ducks, cats, anything), hums, whistles, makes mouth noises all day. Bangs on the wall. Generally just insane. It is like working in a sitcom.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Keep these coming.

I'm getting lots of ideas from this :)
  • nFoooo
    nFoooo Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    This might be useful for some of you.

How to give critical feedback to someone :

1. Ask them if you can talk about an issue privately. Go to them at a good time and don't take them by surprise.

2. Use "I emotion" language. Don't say "you do this" and "you make me angry" say "I can smell the deodorant from your desk and the smell is strong." or "I feel ignored and I do not like that" instead of "you ignore me".

3. A lot of people think it's better to start off by saying something nice and then the negative, but the other way around is better. "You know I love you and love working with you but this makes me angry" is a no-no. "This makes me angry, but I love you and I love working with you" is better.

4. Finish with an open statement. "Would it be possible for you to put deodorant in the changing room instead, what do you think?" Or something of the sort.

5. Realise you are confronting a person and that might elicit a negative reaction, which is normal so be prepared to stay calm and nice.

At least that's what I remember from what I learned in my class on workplace relations like 3 years ago. The key is to address the issue before it becomes something that haunts you and can lead to bad blood between you and that person which can lead to actual "cold wars" in the office, with each person trying to get people on their side, gossiping and all that nasty stuff.

If it's no big deal you can just ignore it as well, not everything needs to be addressed.
  • browneyedgirl749
    browneyedgirl749 Posts: 4,984 Member
    Options
    There is this guy who is so clueless, he likes to stand at my desk when I'm on the phone helping someone, or watches as I do stuff. Instead of offering to help. He's nosy and lazy.
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    They can't just outright say something, they have to turn it in to this long drawn out story that rarely has an exceptional ending. Also talking over me constantly. I've pointed it out so they know but it doesn't always help.
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    A lady we used to work with was known as "Seven-Up". She wouldn't settle to just one-up you. Whatever you did she did 7x greater!
  • Mikeyiscool182
    Mikeyiscool182 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Takes his shoes off and has very poor hygiene.
  • saranne1015
    saranne1015 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    The loud sigher. The world is against him. He's a poor put upon pete

Oh man, I'm a loud sigher. But it's not because life is terrible, it's just that sometimes I don't breathe deeply enough....When I do it, I make sure to add, "Just breathing!" Wow, I have issues.