April - Lose 2 lbs for the last week of April!

Options

Replies

• HarperAnn6
    HarperAnn6 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    What is everyone doing to prepare for the week ahead? I'm going to try to plan and pre-log my meals and snacks for the week so that I have a better chance of staying on track.

Hope everyone has a great week!
  • mamba
    mamba Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Count me in!!
  • NoIdea103
    NoIdea103 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I've prepared my meals for the week ahead. The only possible 'problematic' area will be the fact that I am off to a hen party this weekend which will involve a lot of drinking on the Saturday night so fingers crossed I can stay disciplined and not let it break my stride - good luck everyone!
  • HarperAnn6
    Options
    Here we go:

Original MFP starting weight: 170
    Current Weight: 123.6
    Goal for Challenge: 121.6
    Ultimate goal: 120
  • cjarmstrong1234a
    cjarmstrong1234a Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I just joined today, so I think this challenge will be the kickstart I need. :)
  • LonniJay
    LonniJay Posts: 3,740 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • SouthernEm
    SouthernEm Posts: 64 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I'm in too, got my wedding dress fitting in 10 days time so any boost would be great!

Original MFP starting weight: 171.9
    Current Weight: 151.4
    Goal for Challenge: 149.4
    Ultimate goal: 140
  • GottaJustKeepItMoving
    Options
    Food prep sounds a good idea. I've written out a week-long plan of meals, so will do the prep tonight. Starting T25 again too, as I'm never as hungry after exercise.

Also, I need to focus on not letting stupid/nasty people derail me or put me in a bad mood (which inevitably leads to brooding or eating...)

Anyone have any positive thinking tips?
  • Theo166
    Theo166 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    I was fairly flat last week so this will help me focus in

Weight - 254.1
    Goal - 252
  • HarperAnn6
    Options
    Food prep sounds a good idea. I've written out a week-long plan of meals, so will do the prep tonight. Starting T25 again too, as I'm never as hungry after exercise.

Also, I need to focus on not letting stupid/nasty people derail me or put me in a bad mood (which inevitably leads to brooding or eating...)

Anyone have any positive thinking tips?

Not so much a positive thinking tip here, but I try to keep in mind:
    Food will never be a solution to any sort of emotional response. It can only be a solution to your nutritional needs and hunger.

This helps me as I tend to be an emotional eater.

• GottaJustKeepItMoving
    Options
    HarperAnn6 wrote: »

Not so much a positive thinking tip here, but I try to keep in mind:
    Food will never be a solution to any sort of emotional response. It can only be a solution to your nutritional needs and hunger.

This helps me as I tend to be an emotional eater.

That's a fantastic way of looking at it. It sounds silly, but I've never looked at it like that. Thank you :) I will try to remember this!
  • juliearmstrong76
    juliearmstrong76 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Can I join please?

• Tiff1124
    Tiff1124 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Need to lose 50 pounds :/ ugh but 2 is better than none

SW: 180
    CW: 178
    GW: 130
  • amandaUMN
    amandaUMN Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Just gained 5 from vacation- I'm in!
    SW: 193
    CW: 168
    GW: 155
  • GottaJustKeepItMoving
    Options
    Forgot to post stats from yesterday!
    SW: 155
    CW: Tbc
    GW: 153

Come on guys, we CAN do this! ;)
  • knockon4
    knockon4 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Can I join please

SW 223
    CW 223
    GW 168
  • Stacy_Fowler
    Stacy_Fowler Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm new to this but would love to join! Anyone can add me if you want hoping it helps me stay on track.
  • Stacy_Fowler
    Stacy_Fowler Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Sw 183
    Cw 171
    Gw 125
  • cjarmstrong1234a
    cjarmstrong1234a Posts: 7 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    So, I did and didn't lose 2lbs this week. I started off good, gained 3lbs even though I was on track with my meal plans and light exercise, then lost 2.8lbs. So I'm up 0.2lbs this week. :(

SW 224.2
    CW 224.4
    GW 165

I'm not discouraged though, since I'm more concerned about getting my blood sugar levels lower right now. I know the weight will come if I make healthier food choices and get a little more active. I have a very sedentary job (secretary) and about the only exercising I was doing was walking my little chihuahua (so walking 10 feet, stop to let her smell everything, repeat). I've been intentionally getting up from my desk and walking briskly around the office. Its a small step but one I think I can maintain. I know I wouldn't go to the gym on a regular basis, so that would be a waste of money and a waste of self-loathing.
  • 3dtimescharm
    3dtimescharm Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    sw 167.6
    today 166.2
    Its great! I was stuck on that 167 forever.