Hotties With Bodies (Closed Group)

Options

Replies

• kerriBB37
    kerriBB37 Posts: 967 Member
    Options
    3,040 cals burned for me this week!

360 squats this week (300 today alone)

Does that link for triceps exercises work for everyone for the physical challenge?

Weekend pact is going good so far. Food all cooked (meats) and veggies/fruits cleaned. Last night stayed sober. I did have a diet pepsi at the concert (no-no on the Paleo diet, oh well)

Have a great Saturday pretty ladies!
  • SarahSway
    SarahSway Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies! Hope you are all have a great weekend!

This week I burned 2045 calories, I was hoping for more but skipped my Thursday night work out ( I can't believe I thought I would work out after getting a massage). This week also had a gain of 2lbs, not quite sure how that happened, but I'll just keep on keeping on and I'm sure the scale will start going the other way. :-) Also got 120 squats in.

I wont have a weigh in next week since I'll be in CO. We have some hikes planned, and my relatives all eat healthy out there so I'm hoping for a maintain or even a loss. Then I'll be back at it the week after. Also I'm going to try to log on every day, but don't think I'll be logging much food. I'll probably be MIA from the forum after I leave Wednesday too.

You're all doing great and are so motivating. Keep up the hard work, hotties!
  • SarahSway
    SarahSway Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Here is a link that I would like to propose for next week's physical challenge:

http://www.self.com/fitness/workouts/2011/07/amazing-arms-video

For me, the arms are the biggest problem area! =) I plan to do twice a week.

Sounds great Kerri! My arms definitely need some work and I love these challenges because I push myself just a bit farther than I would have otherwise. Thanks!!
  • Becky011
    Becky011 Posts: 384
    Options
    Total cals burned this week: 2043
    I didn't weigh in this week, not on purpose but I forgot. Based on a couple other days I'm pretty sure it was a slight gain vs a loss. Im going to work REALLY hard for a loss this week :)

Week 1 SW: 176.8
    Week 2: 177.8
    Week 3: ?
    Week 4: HOPING FOR A LOSS!! :-)

results from LAST WEEK:
    I will drink 12 cups of water daily - missed this 1 day
    I will be under/at calorie goal - only met This 2 days :( got close other days but I will do better!
    I will take my vitamin daily - missed a couple of days
    I will burn AT LEAST 2500 calories - missed it. Only 2043, need ore cardio during the week and I'm getting back to longer sat workouts
    I will watch my sugar intake - did not watch this as closely as I need to.I did however cut backon sugary foods
    I will take the fit test - again, the right way this time - did it!!
    I will do AT LEAST 100 sit ups / 50 push ups / 100 SQUATS - I forgot I set sit up. And push up goals. I did: 50 sit ups, 16 pushups ( my arms ar eweak!) and 100 SQUATS
    I will NOT let stress at work get me down / affect my eating. - not 100% but getting better
  • Becky011
    Options
    Im running late for weekend pack so ill go ahead with weekly goals :)

Goals for this coming week:
    I WILL burn at least 2500 calories!
    I WILL do at least 100 sit ups / 25 pushups / 100 SQUATS
    I WILL work out more during the week, i deserve to take this time for me and WILL do it!
    I WILL DO THE CHALLENGE WORKOUT :)
    I WILL drink at least 12 glasses water daily
    I WILL plan my meals to ensure healthy eating during the week
    I WILL watch sugar intake
    I WILL counter act my "I deserve to eat this " with "I deserve to look and feel great!"
    I WILL be at/under cals at LEAST 4 days!!

Here goes ladies! :-) I hope you are having a great weekend!
  • Becky011
    Options
    @Lorraine we all feel for ya, that sounds really tough! Im with kerri, hopefully he's not really going to go through with it. If he is I would ask him to wait for me, i cannot imagine my bf taking off like that especially when i REALLY want to see the world to. Hopefully he would love seeing the world more if he could do it with you, it's worth a little wait!! I hope it works out, we r here for ya. Xoxo
  • LurayneMarie
    LurayneMarie Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the great advice, I really appreciate it :) Ive had a couple of days to get my head together and think about it. We haven't had a proper sit down discussion about it yet because we've been busy doing our own things the last couple of days but Im gonna try and talk to him this week. Im pretty certain he's gonna go ahead and extend his stay in New Zealand. I can understand his thinking in a way, because he said he didn't realize how expensive everything would be (flights, travel visa, insurance) for him to go to New Zealand and it's a lot of money to spend for only one month so he wants to make the most of it while he's over there and get value for money. So I agree that it would be a shame for him not to avail of the opportunity to stay there longer when he has the chance. He is also fed up with his job, he's getting very bored with it and he thinks that if he doesn't leave it now he'll be stuck in it forever. So that's another reason why he wants to go. When I think of all this I really can't be the one to stop him from doing it. He would resent me forever. And it would cost him more money to come back and plan another trip with me at a later stage.
    Timing is just crap for me. It would take me almost a year to save up enough money to go traveling and he's leaving in 4 weeks! haha. All Im trying to do now is figure out how Im going to last 6 months without him. Nightmare. Hopefully when we talk about it he will put my mind at ease and tell me everything's going to be ok :)
    As for the rest of this weekend...I think Ive done fairly ok food wise but I was out socializing on friday night and last night so alcohol was my enemy this weekend!! Oh well. I needed a few drinks to take my mind off things!!
    Very VERY bad week for exercising :( Im sorry I didn't push myself harder. My mind was too stressed to think about working out. I know it would have made me feel a lot better but I can never channel my stress or anger into energy to workout. I need to work on that.
    My calorie burn this week was a crappy 818 calories :(
  • Caroline9252
    Options
    Hi Ladies!!! I am back from vacation!!! I burned 3514 calories for the week! I only had a 1.2 gain this week - being on vacation I cannot complain. I will take it.

I think the only reason I did so well was all of the working out. I did 5K's twice a day running back and forth to the marina, and it was very hilly so it was hard work.

I am glad to get back to my normal schedule. I didn't log my food just my workouts. I think for not logging my food I did well. I made good choices and kept the portions smaller, but I did enjoy myself just in more moderation.

Ok I will try and read the forum to figure out what the goals are for this week, missed you guys! Gald to be back.
  • nakitadawn1212
    nakitadawn1212 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Hi Girls!!

So sorry I have been MIA. I went to visit a friend last week, so my logging and tracking of exercise was terrible! Hope to contribute more this week. You all are doing so well and checking in and I have not!! So sorry! I had my dr appt Wednesday and everything is going great!! Our baby's heart is really strong and the dr told me walking is the best exercise for me, but to not over do it (bc I have a heart condition). My due date is Feb 29!!

Goals for the week:
    *Check our topic board daily.
    *Log all food (Starting on Monday)
    *Exercise 5 days
    *Complete our weekly challenge.

Total calories: 1,249 =( Want to burn 2,000!!!
    No gain or loss this week so I will take it!
    Completed the 100 squats!!

Week 1(07.08.2011): 133 Week 6 of pregnancy
    Week 2(07.15.2011): 135 Week 7
    Week 3(07.22.2011): 135 Week 8 *Starting to pudge out a little =)
    Week 4(07.29.2011):
    Week 5(08.05.2011):
    Week 6(08.12.2011):
    Week 7(08.19.2011):
    Week 8(08.26.2011):
    Week 9(09.02.2011):
    Week 10(09.09.2011):
    Week 11(09.16.2011):
    Week 12(09.23.2011):
    Week 13(09.30.2011):

Keep up the great work ladies!!! You are all AMAZING...don't forget it!!!
  • loria30
    loria30 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies, wanted to get my calorie burn in 1132 Sunday through Saturday. Considering I didn't do anything on Wed-Friday (well, where I was wearing a monitor), not too bad. We are heading to the zoo tonight for member's night so I might put it on to see what I can get out of that.

I didn't get on the scale again this week, I'm sure it isn't good. While we've been home since Wednesday, we have yet to eat dinner, or most lunches at home. How horrible, we might has well have gone away from home. :-)

Check in with all of you later. Good Luck Lorraine on the talk with the bf!
  • DreeDub
    DreeDub Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Just so I don't forget...my total burn Monday-Sunday was 3981!!!

Can't wait to catch up on posts again...I feel like I've been all over the place this weekend.
  • mamarundrc
    mamarundrc Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    First of all my burn from Sunday to Sunday (since I logged last week before I worked out) 4422 calories! I have NEVER consciously burned that many calories in intentional work outs in my adult life. This was amazing. It isn't practical that I do that every week, I did a lot of colorguard choreographing this week which takes a lot of time and burns a good amount of calories. I will definitely take it when I can.

Guac-off was rough. 4 glasses of sangria, 4 types of chips, 6 types of guacamole and various other foods + ice cream cake = Epic fail. I am okay with it. I made up for it by do two work outs today. Went walking in the morning and did a work out my husband randomly through together for us to do together this evening. The work out consisted of kickboxing stuff, suicides runs in my front yard, lifting using a wheel barrel full of stone, jumping over rocks and swinging a baseball bat. It is very random but fun and burns a good 450 cals per hour!

So I am hoping to another great week. I am working on my meal plans for the week. It is going to be a little harder than usually because I am eating at a friends house 1 day and have no idea what he is cooking and eating out for lunch at least twice. I will just have to carefully plan my day and be proactive about what I am going to eat and then STICK TO IT Also, my dad is going in for angioplasty on Tuesday and I am nervous. I know it is a fairly safe procedure but nothing is a guarantee and the last time he had it done his body resisted the sedative and novacaine and he felt the entire procedure. I am hoping for a better experience this time around. . Also, I have a Dr.s appointment tomorrow, my annual OBGYN appointment. I am quite proud. After this appointment I am caught up on all of my preventative medicinal appointments with the exception of the dentist (which I am working the courage up for).

My goals for this week:
    1) WATER, WATER, WATER: At least 10 glasses a day
    2) Intentional work outs at least 5 days of the week
    3) Stay under 2500 mg sodium
    4) 25 Situps, 20 pushups, 25 squats per day
    5) Tricep work out Challenge

Okay ladies, lets kill it this week!
  • DreeDub
    Options
    Oh and just so you know...I was over 100 squats between my Insanity workouts and my P90x leg workout. I should have kept track of how many but I can say the minimum was over 200!
  • janana81
    janana81 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Woo hoooo! I burned a whopping 934 calories this week! LOL. That is pathetic. This week WILL be better....
  • DreeDub
    Options
    Realized today that I never did any measurements before our challenge started...so...here we go:

Bust--33.25

Waist--27.25

Pouch--31.5

Hips--34.0

L Thigh--23.0

R Thigh--23.25

R Bicep--11.25

L Bicep--11.5
  • lucybp
    lucybp Posts: 193
    Options
    @ Lorraine, you are in my thoughts and prayers.

@ Kerri and Robin = I've been reading up on the 'paleo' diet and find it to be quite interesting. Not eating procesed foods is definitely theh way to goo. I cannot follow it to the T because I don't eat meat, but the concept is fantastic. Carbs are my comfort food so staying away from grains, such as rice is not a bad idea. Still have to read up on it a bit more. You cannot go wrong with eating more veggies and some fruit. Thanks for posting the links.

Burned 2050 calories this week. Not my best, but my back needed some serious rest.

Had a good 'food day' yesterday: increased veggie intake, didn't eat rice/bread or anything that was loaded with carbs. While my stomach felt 'relieved' I noticed I was hungrier than usual. Regardless, I loved giving my stomach a break yesterday ... I went on a sugar binge on Saturday and paid for it Saturday (bloated tummy and migraine headache).

Happy Monday! Excited about this week's challenge. Will view video when I get home.

Umm, what's the name of the fb page? I looked up hotties with bodies and may have bumped into some perv's page. yuck! Sorry, went through the forum and couldn't find it.

Great job on the work outs ladies :)
  • mamunroe
    mamunroe Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Hello Hotties!!

Weekend over:( Had a great one down at our camper. Did pretty well with my goals last week. Went to the doctor and got a puffer for the bronchitis, but honestly I feel worse now than a week ago. Maybe I should go again. Didn't really complete my food diary but I am really good at doing it from memory even if it isn't logged. Can't log on the weekends because we don't have internet at the camper. I watched sodium and drank most of my 8 glasses of water. I only snacked once at night and it was a handful of pretzels at the campfire. Thank God the physical challenges are ones I can do because of the bronchitis I can't do anything too strenuous or I'm sure I'd pass out. I completed 165 squats this week. I still haven't even done the fit test yet. GRRR!! It will get done when I'm better.

As for our coast to coast challenge I walked 22 miles last week. YAY!! I need to up that a bit seeing how it is the only exercise I'm getting. As a group we are doing really well with this and maybe we can do it again or continue it with different routing. BTW the map is awesome!!

My challenges for this week will be the same as last week. Get to the doctor AGAIN, complete food diary, watch sodium, drink 8 glasses of water, no night snacking and complete the physical challenge.

GO HOTTIES GO!! Let's make this an Awesome Week!!:happy:
  • kerriBB37
    kerriBB37 Posts: 967 Member
    Options
    Hello!
    My weekend was 1/2 successful, 1/2 epic failure.

Friday night I went to the concert, brought a few snacks (nuts and stuff with me)..got home and had some grilled chicken. My only cheat that day was a diet pepsi! Saturday morning I did that kick *kitten* workout, cooked some great food and cleaned my house. We went out with friends and that's where it all unraveled. Tj and I split an Italian sub and fries. Splitting was a great idea. I had 2 beers at that restaurant. We went to a bar after and I had 2 big beers then Taco Bell on the way home! =( No workout Sunday (I was SO sore from the day befor and STILL am sore today!) Sunday I made some bad food choices, I just couldn't get full.. I had some Paleo stuff (meat,veggies, nuts) earlier in the day but then we had pasta and garlic bread for dinner and I found some fudge and cake in our freezer. Good news is, I finished it off so I won't be tempted by it in the future! I guess the weekends are just going to continue to be my downfall. Grr!!

Plan:
    Monday-Friday ~
    ~Exercise daily, CrossFit 2-3x
    ~Under calories OR strict Paleo only
    ~16 cups of water daily
    ~Be kind to myself
    ~Do the challenge video twice this week

I am going to Mackinaw Island (for the FIRST time) on Friday afternoon but I took the day off so hopefully I will get a good morning workout in. We are staying at my friends mom's bed and breakfast. I plan to do A LOT of walking Saturday and Sunday! I will eat fudge and NOT feel guilty!

Let's have a great week ladies!!!!!!!!
  • Lindz8afish
    Lindz8afish Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    @Lorraine, I hope you have a successful talk with your boyfriend. Kudos to you for being understanding that it is expensive for him. But make sure he understands that if he was thinking about this for a while, it would have been nice to have a bit more time to accept that he would be gone for so long :) My husband had to be away for 6 weeks for training for his job last year. We had just moved into our first home and it was SUPER tough. We talked a lot on the phone, but I think in the end it made our relationship so much stronger. I will be thinking about you sweetie!

@Kerri, ENJOY THE FUDGE. Mmmm, my weakness is chocolate haha :bigsmile:

I had a wonderful weekend up north with my family. Even though TOM had to come and give me a horrible backache/cramps for the last half!! I'm glad I had my husband up there with me because my grandma is a very judgmental person, and can be hard to deal with sometimes. She knows that I've been loosing weight, so when she sees me eat something like the mackinaw island fudge ice cream I had on Saturday night she always has to comment something like "ohh that's going to just ruin your diet" It's really quite hurtful sometimes. She has already started saying things like Lukas eats too much, or is a "chunk". Which is not true, he hadn't doubled his birth weight by 6 months, so the doctor actually wants him to eat more. It obviously still bothers me, but I've learned over the years to just let it go in one ear and out the other. You can't change her mindset, I've tried to explain to her my reasoning's but I've stopped doing that too, not worth my time. Ahh.. sorry for the rant!

Here's my results from doing the Insanity Fit Test again today (day 15 out of 60 for Insanity). The first number is my first day, second is today:

Switch Kicks 62 73
    Power Jacks 28 32
    Power Knees 61 72
    Power Jumps 18 20
    Globe Jumps 6 7
    Suicide Jumps 10 11
    Push-Up Jacks 7 10
    Low Plank Oblique 22 30

Super glad I was able to push a few more reps out of each one! Impressed I got 3 more Push-Up Jacks done, I HATE PUSH-UPS!! :D

I also took my measurements today and from last month to today I've lost 2.25 inches! An inch of it was off my waist alone!!! Feeling so good about that!

Happy Monday everyone!
  • Mdbondurant
    Mdbondurant Posts: 104
    Options
    what does (closed group) mean??? :(