People who pick a fight for no reason.

Options

Replies

• WorshipHK
    WorshipHK Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    When people do this kinda *kitten* to me I give them dirty looks back. If they're gonna be *kitten* and try to bully me, I'm gonna show them I'm not the one to *kitten* with.
  • DJ_Skywalker
    DJ_Skywalker Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Sigh ... I will even take half a yard
  • Breeticus87
    Breeticus87 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    There is a crazy guy who walks around my neighborhood. He is a retired physicist. He will just walk up to people in the store or out on the streets and just start yelling at them about nothing, and I mean nothing. Like once I saw him walk up and corner someone to start screaming at the poor guy about our government, and to my knowledge the guy never said anything that had to do with the government, or even told him his political point of view. He just randomly started yelling at him. Sounds like she was a lot like him. Some people aren't necessarily provoked by you, they are just struggling with a thunderstorm in their own minds and they sometimes can't keep it to themselves and take it out on the rest of us... I wouldn't worry about it too much, chances are you will never see that woman again :) Sadly I will probably see Crazy McGee again, but I have chosen over the years to find it "entertaining"
  • Sunna_W
    Sunna_W Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    My husband and I were at dinner one night and we couldn't decide what to order. The table next to us (an obvious lesbian couple) was receiving their food. So we looked to see what they had ordered. The plates looked amazing so we stared a while to figure out what they had ordered. We ordered our dinner and we're enjoying our meals when the table next to us finished. As they were leaving the restaurant, the more insecure of the two came up to our table and said "why don't you take a picture, it will last longer". I was shocked! Mostly because she had all dinner to think of something to say and that's the best she could do. But also because we were only admiring their plates and don't care what they eat after dinner. Naturally, I caused a huge scene and embarrassed her more than she could do herself. Got them removed from the restaurant and got the dinner comped and laughed hysterically all the way home. If you can't handle being out in public, don't go out in public. But also don't *kitten* with me and my food.

I am not sure what their sexual orientation adds to this post other than it's clear from the way you said it that, yeah, you noticed something aside from their dinner and they felt that you needed to be called on it. The sad part is that the restaurant took your side rather than theirs. Although, rather than complain directly to you, they should have taken their complaint (hostile eating environment) to the management. IMO had they done that, they would have had their meal comped -- not you.

• Sivadee00
    Sivadee00 Posts: 428 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    tjkita wrote: »
    Could you take her if you had to?

Lol! If I had no other choice, sure.
    Self Defense.
    Do some "wrasslin" on the floor. Lmao.
  • Sivadee00
    edited April 2017
    Options
    There is a crazy guy who walks around my neighborhood. He is a retired physicist. He will just walk up to people in the store or out on the streets and just start yelling at them about nothing, and I mean nothing. Like once I saw him walk up and corner someone to start screaming at the poor guy about our government, and to my knowledge the guy never said anything that had to do with the government, or even told him his political point of view. He just randomly started yelling at him. Sounds like she was a lot like him. Some people aren't necessarily provoked by you, they are just struggling with a thunderstorm in their own minds and they sometimes can't keep it to themselves and take it out on the rest of us... I wouldn't worry about it too much, chances are you will never see that woman again :) Sadly I will probably see Crazy McGee again, but I have chosen over the years to find it "entertaining"

This is very much along the lines of what my family said. I was a bit taken aback when I explained what happened. Later on, I walked through everything that happened, in my head, to see if I did anything wrong. I didn't. You are very right about the "thunderstorms in their own minds". I was in the wrong place at the wrong time.
  • WakkoW
    WakkoW Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    happens at home everyday....

Me too. And I live by myself!
  • JetJaguar
    JetJaguar Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    I was in line at a Subway about three months ago, and I was two spots behind a lady who asked lots of questions about various combinations of fillings and their cost and whether they would work with some kind of promotional deal that was running at the time. Her order took really long to complete, so when she was finally done, the lady making the subs turned to the lady in front of me and said "Sorry for the wait, what would you like?" or something like that.

Well, the first lady just flew off the handle at that comment. She was screaming at the sub maker and the lady in front of me. "Why are you apologizing for!? Did I do something wrong!? I didn't do anything wrong! There's nothing to apologize for!" That went on for a solid minute or so, and the lady making the subs looked like she was trying not to cry.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,005 Member
    Options
    Sunna_W wrote: »
    My husband and I were at dinner one night and we couldn't decide what to order. The table next to us (an obvious lesbian couple) was receiving their food. So we looked to see what they had ordered. The plates looked amazing so we stared a while to figure out what they had ordered. We ordered our dinner and we're enjoying our meals when the table next to us finished. As they were leaving the restaurant, the more insecure of the two came up to our table and said "why don't you take a picture, it will last longer". I was shocked! Mostly because she had all dinner to think of something to say and that's the best she could do. But also because we were only admiring their plates and don't care what they eat after dinner. Naturally, I caused a huge scene and embarrassed her more than she could do herself. Got them removed from the restaurant and got the dinner comped and laughed hysterically all the way home. If you can't handle being out in public, don't go out in public. But also don't *kitten* with me and my food.

I am not sure what their sexual orientation adds to this post other than it's clear from the way you said it that, yeah, you noticed something aside from their dinner and they felt that you needed to be called on it. The sad part is that the restaurant took your side rather than theirs. Although, rather than complain directly to you, they should have taken their complaint (hostile eating environment) to the management. IMO had they done that, they would have had their meal comped -- not you.

I noted it because she was obviously insecure about it. I am a gay man, we can smell our own.

Not sure why you didnt just politely ask them what they had ordered - as it looked yummy so you wanted to order it yourself sometime.

Having somebody stare at my meal would make me uncomfortable too - I dont think that has anything to do with anyone's sexuality.

• Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options

I noted it because she was obviously insecure about it. I am a gay man, we can smell our own.

Not sure why you didnt just politely ask them what they had ordered - as it looked yummy so you wanted to order it yourself sometime.

Having somebody stare at my meal would make me uncomfortable too - I dont think that has anything to do with anyone's sexuality.

I just saw it as a descriptive element to the story; that's all.

Anytime we hear or read a story, we create an image of what the setting looked like.

I just pictured two ladies, wearing plaid flannel shirts, both with Rachel Maddow haircuts sitting at a small table in the middle of a Red Lobster dining room.

.... but I could be wrong.
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,833 Member
    Options
    I live with someone who picks fights for no reason :confused:
  • paperpudding
    Options

No, I'm pretty sure you are wrong.

What am I wrong about?
    That someone staring at my meal would make me uncomfortable?? That whether someone staring at my meal has something to do with their or my sexuality?? That you couldn't just ask them what dish they had ordered??
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    besides that, how was dinner?
  • Sivadee00
    Options
    I live with someone who picks fights for no reason :confused:

That sounds difficult and stressful.
  • paperpudding
    Options

No, I'm pretty sure you are wrong.

What am I wrong about?
    That someone staring at my meal would make me uncomfortable?? That whether someone staring at my meal has something to do with their or my sexuality?? That you couldn't just ask them what dish they had ordered??

A. Her sexuality being her issue
    B. Your assumption that we were gawking at their table for an absurd amount of time. We are talking a matter of seconds.
    C. How little concern I have for your comfort in a restaurant
    D. How much value I place on your opinion of my situation.

I didn't post my story because I was looking for creative solutions to avoiding this predicament in the future but I do find the irony in you picking a fight with me on a post about why I picked a fight for no reason very entertaining. Let's do this again sometime.

Ok, if you say so.

If you post something you invite opinions ( like, I don't know why you didnt just ask them) - but if you are this rude to everyone who responds I can see why you think people are out there picking fights. :s

• Motorsheen
    Options
    I'm a lover, not a fighter.

..... I thought you should know.
  • cppeace
    cppeace Posts: 764 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I'd been up 28 hours, was pretty much asleep walking through a store with my ex and his 2 kids. We were standing in line(all 4 of us) and my ex asked me to grab something that had been forgotten. I passed by an older woman(late 50's early 60's) and was probably about a foot from her when I passed her. She hollers out. "You got no manners. Say excuse me!" I know I didn't touch her or get in he way. She just was being a jerk. I was way too tired and just said "You have a good day."
    She was then talking to the manager but nothing came of it.....
    Always perplexed me. I think a bigger girl wearing a cami was her big issue. I was wearing something like this.
    nnhrfhjdcu89.jpg
  • saranne1015
    saranne1015 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    This didn't happen exactly to me, but I was with a friend and her mom in line at Target, or something, and my friend and her mom were speaking together, in Romanian. An older woman in front of them turned and basically shouted out, "If you gon' be in this country, you gotsa speak English!" She used a few choice slurs for Hispanics and then looked to the cashier for support. My friend's mother, in her awesome thick accent, then proceeded to correct the woman's grammar to general laughter and acclaim from others in line.