Advise on loosing 12lbs in 3weeks

Options

Replies

• hdrenollet
    hdrenollet Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Looking to hit my current weight goal before a friend comes to visit. Exactly 18days. Any recomendations?

Ok, so I was able to lose 10.6 lbs in week one; 4 lbs in week two; and 4.6 lbs in week three when I started this challenge at work. Not only did I cut way back on calorie intake (~1200 kcal/day) and increase my exercise, but I really started watching my sodium and increased my water consumption. I'm assuming that the vast majority of those first 3 weeks was probably water weight. Now my weight loss has tapered off to a "safe" ~2 lbs/week average doing the same things I was during the first three weeks. It may be possible to lose quite a bit fairly quickly. It's worth trying, right? Just listen to your body.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    What are grilled olive oil onions?
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    You eat around 6 beans and a few grains of rice?
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Ok then any advise on loosing some lbs quickly and healthy?

Healthy weight loss is between 1-2lbs per week or 1% of your body weight. Most healthy weight loss is not fast!

Since he only has 12 pounds to go, this is even a stretch. Half a pound a week is the best bet.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    TeaBea wrote: »
    oy5rna7w87lh.png
    scwjy3w5fehk.png

Adult males should be looking at "netting" something like 1500 calories a day. Netting means you account for exercise calories too. You are under eating ......fast weight loss = fat+lean muscle loss.

Lean muscle is firm and taut. That's the stuff you want to keep. You might get close to the number on the scale....but without lowering your body fat % you probably won't like how you look.

according to the American college of sports medicine women should consume no less than 1,200 calories and men should consume no less than 1,800 calories. As you state, eating too low calories will result in a high percentage of "weight" lost from muscle. As you allude to... this leaves very unfavorable aesthetic results.
  • hdrenollet
    hdrenollet Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    rainbowbow wrote: »
    hdrenollet wrote: »
    Looking to hit my current weight goal before a friend comes to visit. Exactly 18days. Any recomendations?

Ok, so I was able to lose 10.6 lbs in week one; 4 lbs in week two; and 4.6 lbs in week three when I started this challenge at work. Not only did I cut way back on calorie intake (~1200 kcal/day) and increase my exercise, but I really started watching my sodium and increased my water consumption. I'm assuming that the vast majority of those first 3 weeks was probably water weight. Now my weight loss has tapered off to a "safe" ~2 lbs/week average doing the same things I was during the first three weeks. It may be possible to lose quite a bit fairly quickly. It's worth trying, right? Just listen to your body.

my takeaway though: who gives a crap about "weight" lost? Isn't the goal here to lose body fat? What you experienced is common and like you said, likely water weight.

Very true - for long term goals. OP doesn't seem to be too concerned about that though. Not going to lose too much (if any) fat in 3 weeks.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options

my takeaway though: who gives a crap about "weight" lost? Isn't the goal here to lose body fat? What you experienced is common and like you said, likely water weight.

Very true - for long term goals. OP doesn't seem to be too concerned about that though. Not going to lose too much (if any) fat in 3 weeks.

Amen brotha. o:)
  • Verdenal
    Verdenal Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Google Lyle McDonald's Rapid Fat Loss Diet and PSMF (Protein Sparing Modified Fast). 12 pounds is a lot to expect unless you're extremely obese. If you lose some weight, maintain the loss in a less extreme way afterwards.
  • Verdenal
    Verdenal Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    kenyonhaff wrote: »
    My advice is more simple:

* Have friends that do not care if you are 12 pounds overweight.
    * Do not jeopardize your health and happiness to impress a person in an unhealthy way.
    * Lose weight in a sensible way, in a manageable way, for YOU.

Sensible advice, but some people need the spur of, for example, a reunion or wedding, to start a diet. As long as they transition to something healthier to maintain there's nothing wrong with an extreme,short-term diet.
  • verizonkelly4
    verizonkelly4 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    This is pretty normal caloric intake when im eating lean. And i try to snack on raw fruits and veggies inbetween meals and dont feel hungy and have a lack of energy. ( i do not log activity)

P.S. brah, did you know that eating low calories as a man decreases your sex hormones; specifically testosterone?

Well that is a sucky side effect!!!! Just so you know its not that kind of visit. But another thing to keep in mind!
  • verizonkelly4
    verizonkelly4 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Verdenal wrote: »
    kenyonhaff wrote: »
    My advice is more simple:

* Have friends that do not care if you are 12 pounds overweight.
    * Do not jeopardize your health and happiness to impress a person in an unhealthy way.
    * Lose weight in a sensible way, in a manageable way, for YOU.

Sensible advice, but some people need the spur of, for example, a reunion or wedding, to start a diet. As long as they transition to something healthier to maintain there's nothing wrong with an extreme,short-term diet.

This is not spur of the moment. But an on going process of meeting goals, i was just courios about speeding things up, i realize its best to just press on and let the gradual change happen. Thanks to everyones kind comments recommending this course of action

• Sunna_W
    Sunna_W Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    Cut out sugar and carbs along with what others are suggesting.

You'll lose water weight and won't be as hungry.

Sample meal suggestions:
    • plain protein shake (no sugar!) with tiny bit of banana for taste for breakfast;
    • add some psyllium to make it thicker (and you can buy it at a grocery; look for plain psyllium with no added sugar);
    • drink aloe juice (1 gallon a day; look for the desert essence brand plain);
    • for lunch have a mixed salad (mixed greens / spinach, tomatoes, cucumbers, celery, olives, feta cheese / 2 hard boiled eggs or 3 oz plain boiled chicken / tuna) with olive oil and lemon juice;
    • for dinner have 6 oz of meat / fish / chicken (saute, broil, fry (no breading), mixed frozen vegetables with butter, and maybe 4 oz of beans if you are craving those carbs;

Do that for the next several weeks and you will lose fat / water and will come close to what you are seeking. Continue that way of eating and the weight will literally come off and stay off.
  • joelartygreenwood
    joelartygreenwood Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    With only 3 weeks, I doubt you can do anything permanent to your health. I've lost 9 lbs in a week, but that's assuming you're not already dieting. You *might* be able to do it with a zero/low carb, tuna diet (your calorie inputs are close to mine...)

Breakfast: 3 eggs, cup of egg whites fried in a bit of butter
    10am: can of tuna, 250g of frozen veggies (2-3 cups), hot sauce if needed
    2pm: 100g of chicken breast (or another can of tuna), 250g of veggies (2-3 cups), hot sauce if needed
    Supper: 3 eggs, cup of egg whites fried in a bit of butter, yes more veggies

Drink lots of water (750ml each meal). Weigh yourself every day to confirm you're losing water weigh. Avoid salt.

Two days out: cut back on water, reduce meat protein, eat some rice cakes. Expect to gain it all back when you've had a few beers/meals in a pub or whatever. And report back :smile: Let us know what you managed to accomplish.
  • brittyn3
    brittyn3 Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Sunna_W wrote: »
    Cut out sugar and carbs along with what others are suggesting.

You'll lose water weight and won't be as hungry.

Sample meal suggestions:
    • plain protein shake (no sugar!) with tiny bit of banana for taste for breakfast;
    • add some psyllium to make it thicker (and you can buy it at a grocery; look for plain psyllium with no added sugar);
    • drink aloe juice (1 gallon a day; look for the desert essence brand plain);
    • for lunch have a mixed salad (mixed greens / spinach, tomatoes, cucumbers, celery, olives, feta cheese / 2 hard boiled eggs or 3 oz plain boiled chicken / tuna) with olive oil and lemon juice;
    • for dinner have 6 oz of meat / fish / chicken (saute, broil, fry (no breading), mixed frozen vegetables with butter, and maybe 4 oz of beans if you are craving those carbs;

Do that for the next several weeks and you will lose fat / water and will come close to what you are seeking. Continue that way of eating and the weight will literally come off and stay off.

That's quite the claim. Why a gallon of aloe juice? It's not necessary to cut anything out unless for medical reasons. Eat at a reasonable deficit and you will lose weight/fat.
  • Silentpadna
    Silentpadna Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options

This cannot be repeated enough! What are we really trying to achieve? Losing body fat.

This statement ought to go into every single one of the "I need to lose weight really fast...I mean really really fast" threads!

• lemonychild
    lemonychild Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    he eats 1000 cals a day. issues.