Advise on loosing 12lbs in 3weeks

Options
13»

Replies

• ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options
    rainbowbow wrote: »
    This is pretty normal caloric intake when im eating lean. And i try to snack on raw fruits and veggies inbetween meals and dont feel hungy and have a lack of energy. ( i do not log activity)

P.S. brah, did you know that eating low calories as a man decreases your sex hormones; specifically testosterone?

Well that is a sucky side effect!!!! Just so you know its not that kind of visit. But another thing to keep in mind!

Then why would your "friend" care that your carrying a few extra pounds under your clothes?
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    Options
    You could slash your carbs and stop drinking water. If you want to have keto flu and be a shrivelled hot mess but be 8lbs lighter I bet it's doable. Good luck
  • verizonkelly4
    verizonkelly4 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I realize the threads title! Im showing im not an expert in weight loss here. And i agree with the opionions meantioned! I went from 215 to 175 over about a year period of better eating and 4 rounds of p90x! It took awile but the results were great. Never thought i would go back the other way yet i did so now working again at getting back. You caint speed it up! Some one posted pick one loose weight fast or being healthy but you are'nt gonna get both i like that! Time to simply keep working hard and eating right .
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    Uh. No. Sorry.

If they're a true friend, they wouldn't care about an extra few pounds...
  • laurens47
    laurens47 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Look up The Rapid Fat Loss Handbook Book by Lyle McDonald.

I'm not saying that you will feel awesome, because you won't. And any weight that you do lose, will be short lived once you start eating differently from the layout Lyle gives. Anyway, if it's the number on the scale that is bothering you so much, that's the best suggestion I have.

The other suggestion is not to procrastinate in the future and be realistic.
  • verizonkelly4
    Options
    Uh. No. Sorry.

They would not care about an extra few lbs honestly nor do I, i have found that what keeps me motivated best is having a "rival" some one who is further along on the journey that you espire to be like. For me that was the begining of my journey to a better life! A friend was able to complete on obstice course while my fat butt had to just watch, so i knew there would be an opportunity to do that same obsticle course next year so i allowed my friend to be my "rival" to do what he did! Why not even try to beat his time. So i did i worked hard ate better and the next year i completed the obsticle course!! So simply this is a friend futher on the journey than me and i will work hard to be as fit as i can be, emulating the hard work and lifestyle that got them there. So it motives me!
  • ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options
    Uh. No. Sorry.

They would not care about an extra few lbs honestly nor do I, i have found that what keeps me motivated best is having a "rival" some one who is further along on the journey that you espire to be like. For me that was the begining of my journey to a better life! A friend was able to complete on obstice course while my fat butt had to just watch, so i knew there would be an opportunity to do that same obsticle course next year so i allowed my friend to be my "rival" to do what he did! Why not even try to beat his time. So i did i worked hard ate better and the next year i completed the obsticle course!! So simply this is a friend futher on the journey than me and i will work hard to be as fit as i can be, emulating the hard work and lifestyle that got them there. So it motives me!

Theres a difference between using friendly competition to spur you to try your best and using that rivalry to make unhealthy decisions in an effort to beat them unrealistically
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    johnnylew wrote: »
    Eat a 500 calorie deficit, but workout like hell for the two weeks. You won't be malnutritioned and you will tone and or bulk up. Win win in my opionion

Nope. No one's going to "bulk up" on a 500 calorie deficit in 18 days.
  • amtyrell
    amtyrell Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    You can lose maybe 3 lbs. Go for it. Then in place of the remaining 9 lbs make sure whatever outfit you are wearing fits perfect. Good grooming and perfect fitted attire makes a guy look great. Can have a bigger appearance effect then 12 lbs.
  • Theo166
    Theo166 Posts: 2,564 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Looking to hit my current weight goal before a friend comes to visit. Exactly 18days. Any recomendations?

You can't burn more than these in under three weeks.
    1% of your weight each week is the top end reasonable goal
    10-lbs-of-fat.jpg
  • DietPrada
    DietPrada Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    dont
  • verizonkelly4
    Options
    People read the whole thread im not trying to kill my self making bad decisions despite the title. I know i can loose 2lbs a week simply by working hard and eating low carb so ill stick with my go to.
  • sarajames123
    sarajames123 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    It is very possible and not that hard to lose 4 pounds in a week. Limit carbs to 30 grams or less per meal. Make sure to balance those carbs with protein. 15 grams carbs with 7 grams protein. Eat only twice a day. Eat half the amount you normally would. Good luck.
  • KM0692
    KM0692 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I don't think it can happen unless you are 600 lbs.
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    Options
    So how's it going?
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    Options
    It is very possible and not that hard to lose 4 pounds in a week. Limit carbs to 30 grams or less per meal. Make sure to balance those carbs with protein. 15 grams carbs with 7 grams protein. Eat only twice a day. Eat half the amount you normally would. Good luck.

For heaven's sake read the thread before you post garbage advice like this! OP is eating under 1200 cals a day.