Apple Cider Vinegar - Does it really help with Weight Loss?

Options

Replies

• pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    TeaBea wrote: »
    jgreer0109 wrote: »
    WakkoW indigoblue9572 No you have tried it or No it didn't work?

This weight loss "remedy" has been around since (at least) the 1970's.........

Seriously, if it worked we would all be thin already.

I dunno, ACV is pretty *kitten* gross straight up. I might choose to stay fat.

OP, I know you feel piled on, but as others have mentioned a quick search will turn up literally hundreds of results for ACV in these forums. This horse really is sort of dead :weary:
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,262 Member
    Options
    what does it taste like? is it like drinking cider
  • DamieBird
    DamieBird Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    what does it taste like? is it like drinking cider

It is like drinking vinegar

thanks
    oh my goodness why would someone drink something that tastes like vinegar.
    OP dont do it.

There are actually "drinking vinegars" that you mix with seltzer that are really delicious!! Kind of like a slightly sour soda, but there are some interesting flavor combos :).
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    lindymacl wrote: »
    Nooooo
    Think about it. Why would drinking vinegar make you lose weight? Why would drinking anything make you lose weight? Eat less. Move more. No magic solution.

Exactly. Who would an acid help?

There is 0 science to support that acv helps.

Food for thought: since ACV is cheap, why are there still overweight individuals in the world considering this carp is all over social media? I sense there will be many who develop tooth enamel erosion and oesophageal issues from thos stupid posts.

Disagreement does not equal rude. I have never understood this.
  • Silentpadna
    Silentpadna Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    It was probably ACV that the folks in Panem were drinking so that they could keep on eating without ever getting stuffed....yeah that's it.
  • 1coolmofo
    1coolmofo Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Acv is a great way to combat inflammation
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    1coolmofo wrote: »
    Acv is a great way to combat inflammation

Ya? No. Sorry. I can guarantee is does nothing for inflammation.
  • buffalogal42
    buffalogal42 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    WakkoW wrote: »
    I'm looking for good honest feedback from those that have tried it. I know to some that are hardcore eating right and exercising right this may seem ridiculous. I'm trying to watch my calorie intake and add exercise but supposedly acv has lots of other healthy benefits so if this can aid in weight loss then why not? I would like to hear from those that have tried it with some honest feedback of what they tried and why or why not it didn't work. Thanks in advance!

I don't need to, try cocaine to know the; result either!

ACV might ruin your teeth, but it won't cost you your job.

Unless maybe you work in a dentists office.

I guess if your teeth fall out then technically you lost a few ounces! Lol
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,724 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    I've gone through phases of drinking a shot-glass of apple cider vinegar daily, sometimes for extended periods. It had no observable effect on my weight loss. (I was tracking weight, exercise and eating meticulously, BTW.)

I've experimented with it because I've read that it can help with stomach-acid insufficiency that some people experience as they age (I'm 61). No, I don't know whether I have stomach acid insufficiency, but I do have a tendency toward some digestive system issues, so I thought I'd try an n=1 experiment.

In addition, I have a scientifically-unfounded supposition that eating various naturally-fermented products may in some obscure way be good for me. I can't defend that supposition logically, but I also can't see how the ACV's going to hurt me (nor any of the other things like kim chi, sauerkraut, yogurt, etc.) since humans have been eating such things for centuries if not millennia. Besides, they're tasty (yes, even ACV: Sometimes I put fruit-infused ACV - they call it "shrub" - in my vodka (yum)).

Still doesn't help me lose weight, though.

Fermented foods are very good for gut flora...I eat a pretty wide variety of fermented foods as well.

Yup. That's my reasoning, too. But I can't provide a concrete, bulletproof scientific proof in full detail, and I'm already in a religious argument on another thread, so I didn't get into it. ;)
  • WakkoW
    WakkoW Posts: 567 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    3) It's any vinegar to help with heartburn. At least for me. I find a bit of mustard more palatable (vinegar being the main ingredient), but a bit of vinegar will do the trick.
  • Brooklynn_9291
    Brooklynn_9291 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have be seeing a lot of facebook and pinterest posts about apple cider vinegar helping with weight loss. I was wondering if anyone had tried this and your outcome. Feedback is appreciated. Thanks!
    I have be seeing a lot of facebook and pinterest posts about apple cider vinegar helping with weight loss. I was wondering if anyone had tried this and your outcome. Feedback is appreciated. Thanks!

• Brooklynn_9291
    Brooklynn_9291 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have been drinking ACV every morning for at least 6 months now. I think it helps combined with my low carb diet and gives me a little energy boost. How I make my drink... a few ounces of water, 2 tbs of ACV, 2 tbs of organic lemon juice (not from concentrate) and a tsp of stevia. Hope this helps!