Just for Today ..... Daily Commitment Thread- Start of a new year!

Options

Replies

• PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,364 Member
    Options
    @Bex953172 The Sit Less Boot Camp challenge is found here: community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10533690/are-you-interested-in-participating-in-sit-less-boot-camp-starting-may-1

Each day they give you information or a challenge. It's pretty interesting!
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    @Bex Awesome pictures! It is so beautiful where you walk! Love it. Thanks for sharing!
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    Just for Tuesday, 5/2:
    I didn't have time to post this morning so I'll post here what I have done today so far:
    1. Alternated between sitting and standing at my work desk all day every 30 minutes.
    2. Took walks every hour for 5 minute breaks.
    3. Went for walk today at noon.
    4. Began using the restroom upstairs at work instead of down by us, so I have to take stairs.
    5. Ate only what I packed and pre-logged for breakfast and lunch
    Tonight I will:
    1. Stand up and walk during all commercials. ;) Many of them, but not all. I'm calling it a win because normally I wouldn't move as much as a toe once I hit that recliner.
    2. Pack tomorrow's lunch :)
    3. Set out clothes for tomorrow :)
    4. Unplug one hour before bed, read and write in gratitude journal. :)

Just for Wednesday:
    1. Stay in the green
    2. Hydrate by filling up 20 oz water bottle at least 3 times
    3. Today's Sit Less Boot Camp challenge
    4. Check off 3 items on to-do list at work
    5. Stand up or walk around house during commercials tonight. Survivor is on tonight, so I'll be glued to tv!
    6. Pack tomorrow's lunch and lay out clothes
    7. Prep for tomorrow morning's meeting which I have to facilitate... UGH.
  • dph118
    dph118 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    @HGSmith0920 Can you send me the recipe for your Tuscan Chicken?

Hope your husband is doing better!
  • dph118
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    I was over in calories so decided to walk the dog! 80 mins! I'm shattered!
    Got some pics for you all! I know how you all love pics!

Looks like you had a great hike! Thanks for sharing the pictures!
  • dph118
    Options
    Wednesday's goals:
    1. Keep calories under 1300. :smile:
    2. Keep carbs under 20 g. :smile:
    3. Drink 8+ glasses of water. :smile:
    4. Meet step goal: 9,000. :smile: Day 1
    5. Weigh-in :smiley:

Thursday's goals:
    1. Keep calories under 1300.
    2. Keep carbs under 20 g.
    3. Drink 8+ glasses of water.
    4. Meet step goal: 9,000.

Goals for May:
    1. Lose 5 pounds. :smile: Down 2.4, 2.6 to go.
    2. Build up to 10K steps per day. :smile: Progressing, increased to 9,000 this week.
    3. Incorporate strength training at least 3 days/week. :neutral: Haven't even started this one yet.

I am going to keep things very simple for today. Been having a horrible time with my back, so have not been able to sleep. I have doubts about meeting my step goal today, but will see how it goes.

Hope you all have a great day!
  • HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    @dph118 Sent you the recipe!

If anyone else wants it, let me know. I'll either post it here(if I'm allowed) or I'll message it to you!
  • HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    Well I only managed to achieve one of my goals yesterday and that was the stay under my calorie goal. That was because I spent six and a half hours in the ER with DH. He's been having some health issues recently and it finally came to a head last night. He's doing better but I spent most of the morning on the phone with random doctors offices to schedule appointments. The main reason I was under goal was because I didnt eat much and what I did eat was a truck stop salad and low fat dressing, but I recorded all of it. So yesterday was interesting! But I'm off today so I was able to get a really nice walk in to clear my head.

So here is my JFT:
    1. Stay in green goals Everything but sodium and that was only by like 37mg so I'll take that as a win!
    2. Take a walkmy normal route but it seemed much quicker today because I was listening to an interesting book on my phone
    3. Make something yummy and healthyOne skillet chicken and pasta with cherry tomatoes, mushrooms and whole wheat spaghetti with herbs and oil! It was bodacious!
    4. Go to a church meetingThe one thing I didnt do!

Have a great night everyone!

Well DH is still at work and wont be home for about another hour. But I did do most of my goals!

Had a minor breakdown this evening though. DH has missed a decent amount of work over the last 3 weeks and it has reeked Hel! with our budget. Plus I recently started a new job that pays bi-weekly(previous I worked at a job that paid weekly) and I havent had a normal paycheck yet so I dont even really know how to account for that either. I ended up staring at the numbers and trying to make them work for about two hours and eventually got a migraine. DH wasnt home, so it was just me and the cat and I was stressed out and lonely. My parents live right up the road from us and I can see their driveway from my front window and for a while neither of them were home either! So I was really down and just feeling all sorts of yucky.

About a half an hour later, I looked out my front window again and saw that my Daddy was home, so I went and talked(complained really) to him and got a nice dose of prospective from him that made me feel much better. The budget isnt done yet but I think what I have for now will work okay. So we'll see. Lol

ANYWAY! Thank you for letting me get that out! Lol

Just for today (5/4):

1. Stay in my goals
    2. Take a walk
    3. Make something healthy and delicious for dinner
    4. Spend some quality time with the DH(He's going away from the weekend and I wont see him again until Sunday night :/

But I think that is good for tomorrow!
  • asclepsia
    asclepsia Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    @joan6630;Starting weight Jan 1: 217
    Current weight 204.6
    Goal weight:175
    (5'11" tall)

Progress so far:
    Jan 1: 217
    Feb 1: 211
    March 1: 205.4
    April 1: 202.6
    May 1: 204.6 ---
    This looks pretty impressive to me. You have lost 13 pounds!
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,222 Member
    Options
    @Bex953172 The Sit Less Boot Camp challenge is found here: community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10533690/are-you-interested-in-participating-in-sit-less-boot-camp-starting-may-1

Each day they give you information or a challenge. It's pretty interesting!

This looks interesting!
  • mytime6630
    edited May 2017
    Options

Had a minor breakdown this evening though. DH has missed a decent amount of work over the last 3 weeks and it has reeked Hel! with our budget. Plus I recently started a new job that pays bi-weekly(previous I worked at a job that paid weekly) and I havent had a normal paycheck yet so I dont even really know how to account for that either. I ended up staring at the numbers and trying to make them work for about two hours and eventually got a migraine. DH wasnt home, so it was just me and the cat and I was stressed out and lonely. My parents live right up the road from us and I can see their driveway from my front window and for a while neither of them were home either! So I was really down and just feeling all sorts of yucky.

About a half an hour later, I looked out my front window again and saw that my Daddy was home, so I went and talked(complained really) to him and got a nice dose of prospective from him that made me feel much better. The budget isnt done yet but I think what I have for now will work okay. So we'll see. Lol

Thinking of you, and hope DH is OK! I know how stressful it can be starting a new job, and then to have husband with health problems. So happy your dad was there that you could go and talk to him. Anytime you are stressed and lonely - get on here. We all care!! Hang in there!
  • mytime6630
    edited May 2017
    Options
    @HGSmith0920 -- could I also get your recipe??? I am always looking for new recipes, and this looked so good!
    @Bex953172 --thank you for sharing your pictures - your walk looked like so much fun.

I have not been on here for a few days - we are ripping out carpet, getting rid of stuff ( a friend asked if we were having an estate sale -- no --- we are not dead yet!!!). But we are getting rid of a lot of extra stuff. I am so happy hubby is finally willing to part with some of his "toys". It is such a nice feeling to declutter extra stuff that we don't use.

So this week I am eating terrible - fast, easy food - and no exercise. But I still think I am eating OK - but I do miss getting to the gym and walking. But I am too tired and sore to even think about going to the gym or going for a walk, so at least I am getting in exercise (well, at least arm exercise cutting carpet!!). The good thing is that boy, I sleep through the nite!

So hoping to get on here tomorrow and get back to posting some goals.
  • mytime6630
    Options
    dph118 wrote: »
    1. Lose 5 pounds. :smile: Down 2.4, 2.6 to go.
    !

You are doing great!!!!!!
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,111 Member
    Options
    @joan6630
    You say no exercise but ripping up carpets and getting rid of stuff is going to be burning calories!

I remember when we took up our carpet, literally rolled it from one side of the room to the other but I was so hard and we had to move all the furniture to do it, then carry the goddamn thing out lol!

So don't worry too much about the fast food... you're still burning calories!
  • kirbygirl41
    kirbygirl41 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    May 3
    Burn more calories than I consume. :)
    Exercise 20 minutes (30!!)
    7000 steps :)
    Drink 32 ounces of water :/
    Take my vitamins :)
    Read and study :)
    Write in journal :/

May 4
    Burn more calories than I consume.
    7000 steps
    Drink 32 ounces of water
    Take my vitamins
    Read and study
    Write in journal
    Check work do to list and make sure I have everything covered for this week.
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    Options

05-03-17
    :) Complete one set of exercise for Ilvermorny classes COMC done and part of wand requirements
    :) Bed by 11:00
    :) Eat 2 fruit and 3 veg yum, big bowl of blueberry & strawberry mix
    :/ Start escheat processing got pulled into three hour conference call

05-04-17
    • Stay under in calories
    • Eat 2 fruit and 3 veg
    • Bed by 11:30 (Amazing Race tonight)
    • Complete one set of exercise for Ilvermorny classes
    • Finish one to-do thing for work
  • Saragirl2
    Saragirl2 Posts: 630 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I'll have to check back later so I can read the earlier posts. Heading to gym.

I seem to be sticking to the same goals & im hoping I'll master them before moving on to others...

Pretracked part of the day.
    Walked dog w/husband. Had to speed walk as he's 6'4"
    Going to gym-weights (Buddy has already txt me)!
    Elliptical 20 mins.
    Aiming for 150g of protein. Prepping 3 high protein salads (tuna, chicken & egg white) so I can reach for them throughout the week.
    Drink 8 cups of water.
    Early to bed-9:30
    Try to meditate/breath for 20 mins.

Have a great day everyone!

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,111 Member
    Options

Goals for Weds
    - Log everything - yes :)
    - Be in the greeeeen - yep after the dog walk!
    - RING GP - set reminder! - I did but not for the right thing!
    - Exercise - 80 minute walk was enough!!
    - Do not leave the house (I need to rest!) :) yep stayed in alllllll day apart from the dog walk

Goals for Thurs
    - Log everything
    - Be in the green
    - Ring nursery! She's going back tomorrow! Can't bear it any longer!
    - Exercise
    - Meditate before I go crazy.

May Goals
    March Weight: 12st 6lb
    April Weight 12st 5lb
    Current Weight: 12st 5lb
    Target Weight: 10st 7lb
    Lbs to lose this month: 4

Strive for progress, not perfection.

• cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,524 Member
    Options
    Recap W 5/3
    1) Have pre-logged all food except dinner, and I have healthy leftovers to choose from for that...keep net calories green! Yes, all green except carbs and sugar. I'll take it! :smiley:
    2) The sun has returned! B) Walk dog > 3 miles after work. 3.43 miles B)
    3) Floss = yes Day 2 :smiley:
    4) Bedtime by 10:30 & TV off = 10:18 :smiley:

Just for today R 5/4
    1) Food pre-logged so stick with plan...only hitch is munchies tonight at last choir rehearsal, don't know what everyone's bringing, so eat tiny portions of the really good stuff :wink:
    2) Make black bean salsa for office food day on Friday & only taste test once!
    3) Ok, time to start working out on weights again this evening...remember the May goals for strength training
    4) Floss
    5) Bedtime by 10:30 & TV off

May the 4th be with you! :D