Just for Today ..... Daily Commitment Thread- Start of a new year!

Options

Replies

• mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,205 Member
    Options

- Eat enough during the day so I'm not starving at night

This is a good goal! I find the days I eat a little more during the day I'm not so starving in the evenings. Once I start snacking its hard for me to stop!
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Just for Tuesday:
    1. ACTIVITY, at least 30 minutes. :) Between walking after work and walking around shopping for fabric for a quilt, I did get off my hinder for over 30 minutes. Yea!!! Hit my step goal also!
    2. Healthy whole foods only :( I was doing fantastic until 9:30 when I let myself shovel a few spoonfuls of ice cream in my mouth. Dang.
    3. Water intake increase from yesterday's total :/ About the same, but better than nothing!
    4. Complete pre-copy tasks for project and get users built in training environment (work stuff) :/ Again, ended up putting out fires and not being able to concentrate on this. Only 3 of us in the office today so hoping it stays this quiet.
    5. Take a real lunch break. Leave the basement for at least 30 minutes. I did! I went fabric shopping for a lunch break for the quilt I want to start working on.
    6. File our taxes tonight. Stop procrastinating! ;) Yeahhhhhh, not so much.
    7. Read from Simple Abundance... tonight and write in gratitude journal :) I find this so soothing at the end of the day.
    8. One random act of kindness :D

Just for Wednesday
    1. Pre-journal my meals and snacks for today and STICK to it
    2. Take a walk tonight after work. Try to add 100 steps more than yesterday
    3. Carry water bottle with me all day - goal 70 oz
    4. Pack a gym bag for tomorrow after work (supposed to rain and snow tomorrow)
    5. Pack tomorrow's lunch/snacks and pre-log in MFP.
    6. Read out of Simple Abundance book and write in Gratitude Journal
    7. DO TAXES TONIGHT.

Have a wonderful day everyone! We're half way to the weekend....
  • lynmac54
    lynmac54 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Starting day 3 and thanks for the support and encouragement.

Yesterday's goals:
    Motivation - Stay the course for a 2nd day - Recording worked great, calorie count sucked. lol
    Water - Drink 2 containers (40 ounces) - Short 5 oz, but yes!
    Food Choices - Eat 3 meals + snacks - Yes and then some
    Activity - Do more steps than I did today - Doubled my steps, so a resounding YES!

On the downside, I just couldn't resist my usual Tuesday night trek to Boston Pizza, so I blew through the total calories in no time. But there's always this week to plan on my approach for next Tuesday. lol

Goals for today:
    Motivation - Record, record, record... it may not be pretty but it'll be accurate! :D
    Water - Go for the full 40 oz today
    Food Choices - Change it up to get a better mix
    Activity - Keep taking those steps, they'll all add up.

Happy Wednesday everyone, we're 1/2 through the week! :)

• cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,479 Member
    Options
    joan6630 wrote: »
    I think you will find that you look forward to those "moments alone" while walking. I do have a neighbor that I occasionally walk with, but I also love the time alone. Sometimes I just pray about things bothering me, or listen to nature, or listen to music. But to me, its my favorite thing to do. 34 degrees is my cut-off though, or if its snowing or raining. But other than that - I think once you start, you will find how much you enjoy it.

I walk alone (with the dog) most of the time, and I love it. It gives me a chance to unwind, and I try to enjoy my surroundings. Monday, I saw 2 sandhill cranes, a robin and a cardinal. The dog also gets more of my attention, which is good b/c people think she's a puppy based on her energy - she's almost 5yo.

My neighbor that I walk with occasionally is really sweet, but sometimes I wish she'd just stop talking all the time.

When I participate in 5/10Ks, I am usually by myself amid a sea of people. The Bellin Run is almost 20,000 participants! But I love the energy of the crowd and spectators, and it spurs me to walk faster. I have my best finishing times at events - I have a fear of finishing last. :wink: And it's really fun to people watch during these events. At the Jingle Bell 5K, there's even a costume contest.
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    @cschmitz110515 I give you a lot of credit for doing the Bellin Run! I thought you had to run in those, and I wouldn't make it 4 feet!

I agree with you and Joan both that it is nice to walk alone. I did really enjoy it last night. I need to make it a habit and just do it before I sit on the couch. Such an easy simple concept...yet I have so much trouble following through.

I find myself craving "quiet time" since we moved to the city and what better way to get it? Yesterday I put in ear buds and listened to music. Tonight I may just go to one of the parks near us and just listen to nature as I walk. Some of the parks here are so pretty, and maybe it would help me get my "nature fix". I really miss country living and the trails through the woods we used to walk.

thanks again for the ideas! Have a fantastic day!
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,479 Member
    Options
    @OConnell5483 Lots of events have a walking division. Which is good for me b/c I've never been a runner. ;)
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,073 Member
    Options
    Glad you joined @mary_clinton6

I hope you find this thread helps and good luck with your goals!!
  • mytime6630
    edited March 2017
    Options

I walk alone (with the dog) most of the time, and I love it. It gives me a chance to unwind, and I try to enjoy my surroundings. Monday, I saw 2 sandhill cranes, a robin and a cardinal. The dog also gets more of my attention, which is good b/c people think she's a puppy based on her energy - she's almost 5yo.

My neighbor that I walk with occasionally is really sweet, but sometimes I wish she'd just stop talking all the time.

When I participate in 5/10Ks, I am usually by myself amid a sea of people. The Bellin Run is almost 20,000 participants! But I love the energy of the crowd and spectators, and it spurs me to walk faster. I have my best finishing times at events - I have a fear of finishing last. :wink: And it's really fun to people watch during these events. At the Jingle Bell 5K, there's even a costume contest.

I easily walk 5 miles at a time now, and have thought so many times of doing a run. But I am nervous about being around that many people. Like you said, it seems there are runs going on every weekend! My daughter actually runs them, but I haven't gotten up the courage to do one yet.

But like you, I absolutely love walking. We have a state park a mile from us, and sometimes I go there - it is absolutely b eautiful. And they also put in a walking path about 2 miles from my house. So to walk that path and back, I easily get in 5 miles. But I don't necessarily do it for the exercise, as for the quiet time alone, and I love it. My neighbor that I walk with is very nice, but, like your friend, talks a lot :) Sometimes though that is fun as it makes the walk go so fast, but, I'm not a gossiper, and I like just going myself!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    @cschmitz110515 I give you a lot of credit for doing the Bellin Run! I thought you had to run in those, and I wouldn't make it 4 feet!

I agree with you and Joan both that it is nice to walk alone. I did really enjoy it last night. I need to make it a habit and just do it before I sit on the couch. Such an easy simple concept...yet I have so much trouble following through.

I find myself craving "quiet time" since we moved to the city and what better way to get it? Yesterday I put in ear buds and listened to music. Tonight I may just go to one of the parks near us and just listen to nature as I walk. Some of the parks here are so pretty, and maybe it would help me get my "nature fix". I really miss country living and the trails through the woods we used to walk.

thanks again for the ideas! Have a fantastic day!

You will quickly get hooked on walking! I also miss the country, but we have a state park near us with a "biking" trail that I love to walk on, and also they recently put in a walking path about 2 miles from our house. But most nites I just walk the neighborhood. I love looking at people's gardens at just nature! If I don't get out walking I find that I miss it.
  • Bex953172
    Options
    Goals for weds
    - Take the carpet to the tip! - Eugh no and now it's rained it's even more gross!!
    - try be in the green with calories or over by less than 100 - over by 102!
    - Go for a nice long walk instead of exercise - no but toddlers kept me on my feet all day
    - Clean the car if I can get a parking space outside my house - couldn't park and raining
    - Clean the rabbit - no, need more sawdust but cleaned his litter tray

Goals for Thurs
    - eat less calories than yesterday (I'm getting closer and closer)
    - Drink more (need to work on this)
    - Exercise tomorrow
    - Take the effing carpet to the tip!!!!
    - Exercise tomorrow.

March Goals
    Current Weight: 12st 6lb
    Target Weight: 10st 7lb
    Lbs to lose this month: 4

Motto for March
    Strive for progress, not perfection.

• dwntwn5
    dwntwn5 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I'm going to be in a meeting first thing tomorrow morning so I'm reflecting tonight instead!

JFT - Wednesday
    - Stay within daily calorie goal - Yes! This JFT thing is working for me :wink:
    - No alcohol - Yes! This one was definitely b/c of JFT. I would've grabbed a Coors Light with dinner and I had the calories left, but I didn't!
    - Bed at 9:30 - not quite that time, yet...
    - 30 min on the elliptical OR 30 min yoga - I made it 12 minutes and then my DH called from a work trip. I stopped and never made it back. Just getting back on the horse is good.

JFThursday
    - Stay within daily calorie goal
    - No alcohol
    - Bed at 9:30
    - 30 min on elliptical OR 30 min yoga
  • Cyndi3wy
    Cyndi3wy Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    This is an awesome thread! I'm new to MFP and would love to join your community. How do I do I join?
  • mary_clinton6
    mary_clinton6 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Well... I definitely drank more than 2 cups of water by midnight (I think it was about 4, i'm peeing nonstop). Didn't eat a salad because I ate a yogurt and smart food popcorn (about 100 cal)---thinking I'd have my salad for later...only to get a upset stomach from the yogurt. The plus is I haven't eaten chocolate either then lol! So, with that,I'm not too hard on myself.
  • Bex953172
    Options
    Cyndi3wy wrote: »
    This is an awesome thread! I'm new to MFP and would love to join your community. How do I do I join?

Just start posting your daily goals :)
    and then either tonight or tomorrow check back in, copy and paste and edit to let us know how you did

Then write the next days goals :)
  • kirbygirl41
    kirbygirl41 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    3/29
    7000 steps :)
    24 ounces of water :)
    Log food and stay under goal. :/
    Read and study :)
    Not sure if I'll do a exercise video or take the dog for a walk, but I plan to one or the other. :) The dog and I got a two mile walk in. We went to a park and I let her off leash to play fetch. She loved it.

3/30
    20 minute exercise video
    24 ounces of water
    Log and stay under goal
    Read and study
    Back to Mother in Law's place this evening. Tonight, I need to do mom and dad's laundry for the week.
  • asclepsia
    asclepsia Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Goals for Thursday, March 30
    Stay within calorie limits
    Work on taxes!--30" so far
    Exercise--30"
    Office cleanup--30"
    Write and mail two notes
  • asclepsia
    asclepsia Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    How do you reply to another person's goals or comments?
  • wendyron3
    wendyron3 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    JFT Thursday- exersize, drink 8 -8oz of water. No fast food stops. Follow plan and eat fruit and veggies.

JFT Friday- exersize, drink water stick with exersize goals.
  • Bex953172
    Options
    asclepsia wrote: »
    How do you reply to another person's goals or comments?

Just click quote under the post you want to comment on, and it will appear in the comment box at the bottom of the screen and then you just type under that

Try it now on this one if you like