But I would have to add a HONEYBUN

Options
So, I'm finding it incredibly difficult to meet 1200 calories a day. I eat when I'm hungry and make healthy choices. I love oven roasted vegetables for lunch. And then I typically have a lean cuisine at night. I am pretty much sedentary except the occasional days of walking around the local town. I typically cap off my days around 900 calories. I refuse to eat 1 and a half hours before I go to sleep. I know I'm supposed to be at 1200, but I can't seem to reach it. I'm just not that hungry. And get this - I've been at the same weight for almost a month!! Tips and advice appreciated.

Replies

• Tried30UserNames
    Tried30UserNames Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    You could add a honeybun. I don't know what that is, but if it's something you like and it fits in your calorie/nutrition goals, why not eat it?
  • nicolepburgess91
    nicolepburgess91 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    You could add a honeybun. I don't know what that is, but if it's something you like and it fits in your calorie/nutrition goals, why not eat it?

Haha it was an exaggeration. It's like a giant breaded thing that's coated in gooey sugar. Totally not subjecting myself to that malarkey.
  • nicolepburgess91
    Options
    For the most part I try to avoid things with ingredient lists this long:

enriched flour (wheat flour, malted barley flour, niacin, reduced iron, thiamin mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid), sugar, water, palm oil, vegetable shortening (soybean oil and palm oil with added mono- and diglycerides), yeast, contains 2% or less of each of the following: dextrose, salt, cornstarch, soy flour, monoglycerides, corn syrup, calcium carbonate, leavening (sodium acid pyrophosphate, baking soda), datem, soy lecithin, soybean oil, dried honey, cinnamon, calcium sulfate, agar, colored with extracts of annatto and turmeric, titanium dioxide (for color), natural and artificial flavor, enzymes, azodicarbonamide, preserved with calcium propionate, sodium propionate, and potassium sorbate
  • nicolepburgess91
    Options
    susanp57 wrote: »
    Why do you refuse to eat one & half hours before bed? That makes no sense.

Because if you have undigested food while sleeping, you metabolis it slower.
  • nicolepburgess91
    Options
    How did you gain the weight you are trying to lose?

I have always been overweight. Since I was a kid.
  • nicolepburgess91
    Options
    For the most part I try to avoid things with ingredient lists this long:

enriched flour (wheat flour, malted barley flour, niacin, reduced iron, thiamin mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid), sugar, water, palm oil, vegetable shortening (soybean oil and palm oil with added mono- and diglycerides), yeast, contains 2% or less of each of the following: dextrose, salt, cornstarch, soy flour, monoglycerides, corn syrup, calcium carbonate, leavening (sodium acid pyrophosphate, baking soda), datem, soy lecithin, soybean oil, dried honey, cinnamon, calcium sulfate, agar, colored with extracts of annatto and turmeric, titanium dioxide (for color), natural and artificial flavor, enzymes, azodicarbonamide, preserved with calcium propionate, sodium propionate, and potassium sorbate

Because....?

Because I prefer to eat as clean as possible. I'm not 100% into clean eating. But I would like to eat as clean as I can.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    So, I'm finding it incredibly difficult to meet 1200 calories a day. I eat when I'm hungry and make healthy choices. I love oven roasted vegetables for lunch. And then I typically have a lean cuisine at night.... I typically cap off my days around 900 calories.... I've been at the same weight for almost a month!!

Are you very lean and trying to hit an ultimate goal weight? If so, it's possible something wacky could be going on to explain the stall. If not, either you have a medical issue or else there's an issue with the logging.

If you really think there couldn't possibly be anything wrong with the logging, take your log to the doctor and explain what you have here.

If not, you probably are eating close to maintenance. We could check out the diary for ideas/suggestions if you opened it.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    You could add a honeybun.

Like a cinnamon roll, I think, but less cinnamon-y.
  • nicolepburgess91
    Options
    Why do you refuse to eat one & half hours before bed? That makes no sense.

Because if you have undigested food while sleeping, you metabolis it slower.

That's just not true.

Well it's what I've always heard. It may be incorrect. But, I was under the impression it was true for a long time.