40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,958 Member
    Options
    LOL, good luck, caramel!

Lifted today...it was a sucky session and I was NOT feeling it. I quit after two sets. Then determined to meet my fitness challenge requirements, I went and walked outside for a half hour. Good enough. BOOM!
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    Away for the weekend. Needed carve out some calories for Mexican food tonight, so ran 3m around the side streets near where we're staying.

Still awaiting the yoga update. #livingvicariouslythrough @caramelgyrlk.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    OMG
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    ....told ya that pubic hair nonsense was gonna ruin the experience....
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "P90X3 Dynamix"=Done!
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Hey kids, hope all is well. I forgot to also mention that the experience is one I won't forget. I stood amongst a group of people who are content in their own skin. I never thought in a million years that I would even try it. No one gazed and everyone was respectful. Everyone undressed in front of each other and remained naked afterwards. It was obvious that I was new, as I did not strip with the group and immediately got dressed afterwards. With that said, clothed yoga, done. Have a great day kids.
  • tojo_73
    tojo_73 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Been awhile since posting and compared to @caramelgyrl my week and workouts have been pretty tame . :)

Finally got my new bike wheels and decided to do a full bike overhaul..which led me to realizing I should do it waaaaay more often (seized BB, rusted steering tube). Got a short social ride in today to settle the bike in and wow what a difference an overhaul makes hopefully the feeling lasts.

Twisted my ankle last week so activity has been mild at best, nothing like everyone here but what I have done has been clothed :)
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    @ Tojo-73, Nothing like a tune up to put you in the mood to ride. Did you have a full bike fitting done, too?

@caramelgyrlk - Congrats on your bold venture into the world of naked yoga and thanks for recounting it in detail for the Cool Kids. I will admit to some laughing as well as some blushing while I read your recap, cause it "resonated" with me. ;) As interesting as your event sounded, I will choose to remain in spandex or neoprene during any and all athletic pursuits going forward.

I'm finally healthy again and back to building volume for a mid June 70.3 race. 3 hour bike and 20 minute transition run yesterday with no leg pain, thank goodness. Started with a 90 minute run and then a timed mile swim today.

We're hoping to do a first open water swim on Friday night........in neoprene, of course :)
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "P90X3 Isometrix"=Done! still not very good at the bound dog with leg raise. :s
  • zokaluse
    zokaluse Posts: 3 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Hi,
    I'm 43, 44 in summer so am I allowed to join please?

I am 4ft 10 (& a half) petite boned, and never had weight problems until 2009 when I couldn't shift my second baby weight & was diagnosed hypothyroid. I'm now also B12 deficient & gawd knows what else as the docs are arguing between themselves forgetting there's a person not living a good quality life involved!

So I'm thinking if I add regular exercise to my clean eating it can only help not hinder.

I've just joined David Lloyd right by my house & will be doing Pilates, Yoga, Aqua (I've got bad knees so this is good on my joints) Body Pump, conditioning and hopefully some gym & pool sessions.

I have around 20ib to lose and a whole load of toning to achieve.

I'm just going into Cruise phase of Dukan Diet (did it in 2013 & worked for me) but I didn't plan my start date well & with little willpower I know I'm going to have the odd wobble this month & next (x3 nights out, 1 holiday, x3 special events) but I'll try my hardest to limit the damage each wobble!

Looking forward to reading back over everyone's posts & getting to know you all.
    Xx

• tojo_73
    tojo_73 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Kettlebells this morning - done (well most of it)

@Djproulx I haven't done a formal bike fit yet but made lots of adjustments over the years and it fits pretty well. I bought 2 new chains and a new cassette so once I am through all of those (and probable a few more chains) I am hoping to buy a new bike. When that time comes I will likely do the Guru system to help in that selection for stack and reach and then do a fitting at the end. I thinks Bikes are as bad as boats for sinking cash :) . My friend made me try his BMC RM with Di2 so now I really want Di2 :#
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday kids. Hope you all had a GREAT weekend. TRX is done and I am full of energy to perhaps take another one. It was very hard to track my food accurately this weekend, as I was dining out and of course once I had them remove the cheese, the meat, etc, it posed a challenge. I am currently at 1415 days on MFP. I would love to know where each of you are. Keeping track of food is not for the faint of heart. It takes consistency and diligence. I am glad everyone had some sort of chuckle or take away about my newest naked yoga experience. I was actually thinking of going again this Friday if I am feeling feisty. I am now looking for naked bungee jumping (LOL). Gam3rguy, more kryptonite crystals? I know you are the man who surpass the challenge. Have a great day kids.
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday kids, in a few hours, I will stand with a group of naked people taking yoga. Beeps, that's the spirit, I want to provide ALL details as opposed to a high level overview. I took TRX earlier this morning. Surprisingly I am not nervous. I will provide an update later tonight if I am not scarred. I decided to bring safety glasses in case there is a squirter or someone had loose bowels (LOL). Have a great day kids.

LMAO!!! Oh My. lol.
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday kids. Well here is my update on NAKED YOGA. 15 people, 6 men 9 women. 2 in their 20's and the rest 40-60's range. From what I could see, everyone knew each other and walked around naked before class began. One lady just had breast implants and everyone was feeling them telling her how perky she looks. I am positive that I was the only one who is in full support of waxing especially Brazilian waxing. I felt a tad out of place from that aspect alone (lol). I know pubic hair is a controversial issue and varies from person to person, culture, etc.. In my opinion, if you are a fan of pubic hair, keep it neat. All I could think of was massive chia pets. There was a man who decided to mat next to me. In my mind, I named him bear. From his ears down was lots of hair. In my mind; "Please GAWD do not do downward facing dog near my face". Everyone was clearly comfortable naked. As for me, I was still trying to wrap my mind around all of this. I was clearly expecting "FARTS", and there were plenty and no clothes to hold the stench in. My stomach was heaving for a moment. Can someone say kale, onions, lentils, or other flatulent causing foods. Well Mr. Bear let one rip that sounded like the tune to Yankee Doodle. Then the sound of scratching hair was a bit much. Perhaps had you got a BRAZILLIAN you would not stop during a pose to scratch (OMG). After class, Mr. Bear apologized for his Yankee Doodle tune and informed me the burrito did not agree with him. No fooling (smh). I got through it and after class, everyone remained naked still and sipped water and talked about what they were doing for the weekend. I was asked would I return and I smiled and said maybe. I actually go to hot yoga tomorrow night and I am sure I will appreciate that so much more as I do not have to worry about scratching and seeing enough fur to cover a hairless cat. Oh and Mr. Bear must do well with the ladies because it appeared he had 3 legs. Have a great weekend everyone. Let me know if you have questions or need more detail.

Literally laughing so hard I have tears! thanks for the update. And as @TmacMMM said, thanks for the description, now we don't have to do it. O.M.G. Too funny.
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    tojo_73 wrote: »
    Kettlebells this morning - done (well most of it)

When that time comes I will likely do the Guru system to help in that selection for stack and reach and then do a fitting at the end. I thinks Bikes are as bad as boats for sinking cash :) .

Ain't that the truth! I"ve been holding out, telling myself "The engine trumps the rig.... the engine trumps the rig... the engine trumps the rig...." as several of my friends spent crazy amounts of money on new carbon rockets over the last two years. With that said, I did have a Guru Fit done last month and the measurements have been implemented on my existing bike to the degree possible. Some nice comfort and efficiency improvements for me, but I"m now thinking of selling my small fishing boat and some other gear in favor of a new Felt tri bike.

If I do that, I'd simply be trading one money pit for another! ;)
  • b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    Hey Cool Kids!

Had a good SUP race on Saturday. Ended up taking third in my division (50+ yo females, 12'6" board) for the 5K race...and for once it wasn't 3 of 3, but 3 of 4, so that means I actually beat someone in my age group! I shaved 10 minutes off my race from last year just due to the better board and despite the weather. I even beat one of the female youngsters from "Team Strike a Pose" (apparently some local buff group that just participated on the Spartan Team Challenge which airs on NBC sometime this summer)...always good to beat the youngsters, IMO. We had low chop, but 10 mph winds gusting to 25+mph. A few of the vendors lost their tents/canopies due to the gusts. There were small craft advisories so that helped to keep the boat traffic on the river down to just the police and safety boats for the event and the local water taxi.

Have another race on Saturday, and the current forecast is calling for more windy conditions and moderate chop. The upcoming race is almost always my worst race of the season, so hoping this year, I can redeem myself. At least most of this week looks to be like nice weather to get out and prep for the race, unlike last week.

@caramelgyrlk - thanks for the report on the naked yoga...just further confirms that is not my cup of tea.

Have a great week cool kids! Keep up the phenomenal fitness frenzy!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "P90X3 Dynamix"=Done!