40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• Nataliegetfit
    Nataliegetfit Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Larro, awesome omelet and breakfast casserole. Looks so yum.
    Peeps, Your pictures are truly amazing. So beautiful. Enjoy every minute of it.
    I am getting over being sick, not quite back to my normal exercise routine. It's getting so hot and humid here, it's really hard to get moving. The raspberries are done and part of me is relieved and the other part is sad. It is about a 2 1/2 week time frame. I made the last fresh raspberry pie for my husband and one with some less fat cream cheese that I usually make 1 for the season, took part of it to a friends house. I froze a lot of raspberries, but really love them fresh.
    We bought some cucumbers from a veggie stand in town, they were so good, I will have to find out what variety they are. They were quite big but the seeds were small. Ours aren't quite ready yet. I do see a bell pepper out there, so hopefully we will have some fresh veggies soon.
    Welcome to all the new folks, have a nice night.
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "Day: 75 of P90X/P90X+ hybrid Legs & Back & Abs/Core Plus"=Done!
  • 3furballs
    3furballs Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    larrodarro wrote: »
    3furballs wrote: »
    I was in the states last week and got a 30 of Rolling Rock for almost half of what a 12 costs here!

It always brings a tear to my eye when I hear those last strains of the Star Spangled Banner.

O! say does that star-spangled banner yet wave,
    O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave cheap beer?

Makes me happy! A 12 of Rolling Rock here is $23.95 and there the 30 of cans was $16.80. Hard deal to resist!

• sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Happy Friday!
    Busy morning at the B&B. Once again, was blessed with two lovely couples. Great conversation and great connections!

Had a good workout yesterday. Did much better than I did on Tuesday, but it was also a much cooler day.

Not sure what is on tap today, other than some room cleaning at home.
    Date night with my hubby. :smile:

Have a great weekend!

• larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    I was in the states last week and got a 30 of Rolling Rock for almost half of what a 12 costs here!

It always brings a tear to my eye when I hear those last strains of the Star Spangled Banner.

Makes me happy! A 12 of Rolling Rock here is $23.95 and there the 30 of cans was $16.80. Hard deal to resist!

Back in my Navy days, we drank Rolling Rock near the end of the month when we were broke. It doesn't sound like a cheap beer anymore. But I'm betting a lot of that is import fees.
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options

Back in my Navy days, we drank Rolling Rock near the end of the month when we were broke. It doesn't sound like a cheap beer anymore. But I'm betting a lot of that is import fees.

Love those days - at one point we purchased the generic label "BEER" white can, black label. Actually a damn tasty lager.
  • tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,334 Member
    Options
    My 40-something metabolism is depressing me. That is all.
  • 3furballs
    3furballs Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Funny because Rolling Rock is just catching on here. Hasn't been here that long which, when you think about the fact that Canada is one of the biggest beer consumers per capita, is rather odd.
  • gam3rguy
    edited August 2015
    Options
    computer still not working right.
    started today by tripping over a dumb bell. busted up my big toe pretty good. feels as bad as it looks. mom was right "clean up the weights".
    "Day: 76 of P90X/P90X+ hybrid Kenpo Cardio Plus"=Done. wasn't much fun today.37cj6c9zk0gh.jpg
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,993 Member
    Options
    Frankfurt!

cae2uifh9upp.jpg
  • lcantrell65
    lcantrell65 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    A lot has happened here while I've been gone!

I came back from vacation and started back to work the very next day. For any of you teachers or teacher's spouses, you know the first week of school is VERY hectic! I didn't have time to go to the grocery store before going back to work. That means that I have been eating more take out than I normally would. For two weeks' worth of eating out most of my meals, I only gained two pounds. I don't feel too bad about that. But it is grocery shopping today!!!

@Beeps2011
    Beautiful pictures!

@gam3rguy
    Ouch! I hope that isn't bad enough to mess up your workouts. You are so CONSISTENTLY awesome with your workouts.

@ruby70
    I've been thinking about 5:2, but haven't decided yet. I am looking forward to hearing how the 16:8 works for you. I'm sure there are benefits to both methods.

Here are a few photos from my trip:

x85lmst4vtnw.jpg

zecb48yoy4y3.jpg

What it looks like when a bunch of Fifty-somethings try to use a selfie stick for the first time:
    t2uie90qqdva.jpg

• larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Cool Kids.

Beeps and L, very nice pictures. It seems everyone is on vacation.
    Gamer, ouch!!! I hate it when that happens.

I had the late night/early morning work combo. I'm not tired now, but about 1600 I will be dozing at my desk if my customers don't come in and wake me up. There is another late night party on the books, but they haven't paid their deposit. I, for one, am hoping they don't come in today and pay it before my other events are over.

Last night I forgot to post my numbers for the week. So here they are:

20.7% Body Fat
    23.8 BMI
    170.2 Pounds

That is 0.4 pounds lost for the week. Not too bad considering I had got all the way down to 168 earlier in the week.

I hear my first customers, so I need to go get them settled in. I have to do a bank, grocery and library run before noon. I'm out of books, grapes and carrots and down to one apple. Also yesterday was payday, so I have to take care of all that.

You guys have a good one,

Larro

PS: last night's supper. Chipotle Tortilla soup with mixed veggies, onion, tomato, bacon and cheddar added. {You know I can't stand not to post a picture}

dfkzorefta9p.jpg
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Day: 76 of P90X/P90X+ hybrid REST Plus"=Done. toe feels a bit better today.
  • ruby70
    ruby70 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Beeps - awesome pictures! It looks like u are having a great time.

Lcantrell- I will let u know how the 16:8 goes. I did really well last week but yesterday got messed up in the evening. We ended up with unexpected company and supper got really late. The whole day yesterday things just kept getting off what I had planned. I love your selfie pic, really cute!

Gamguy- Wow, you do not let anything stop u. I would of been crying in the corner. I saw a Spartan ad on TV yesterday & I thought of you. It looks amazing but crazy for me.

My garden is producing 2 varieties of lettuce, tomatoes, broccoli, zucchini. It has been great. My green beans & cucumbers are almost ready. I am loving the fresh salad everyday.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Day: 78 of P90X/P90X+ hybrid Total Body Plus & Abs/Core Plus"=Done!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    ruby70 wrote: »

Gamguy- Wow, you do not let anything stop u. I would of been crying in the corner. I saw a Spartan ad on TV yesterday & I thought of you. It looks amazing but crazy for me.
    I try not to. I have 3 banged up toes now. that leaves 7 good ones. more than half!! :D

• Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,993 Member
    Options
    Castles are plopped on top of every hill along the Rhine!

z350viyppmzy.jpg
  • Nataliegetfit
    Nataliegetfit Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    wow everyone, the pictures are awesome. Love the vacation pics and the selfie stick one is real cute.
    I have finally gotten back to exercising. I got 30 minutes on the elliptical this morning and did 40 squats while making dinner tonight. I thankfully didn't gain while being sick and eating too much raspberry pie. Just so glad to get started again. No more excuses for me. Hope everyone had a good day.
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    North Rim grand canyon. Mini UN here. German, French, Japanese, Spanish, and at least a couple of Chinese dialects overheard today. I gave them all some good Southern English. I don't think the Brits we saw understood me as well as I understood them. Of course I laid it on a little thicker just for effect. ;)
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Day: 79 of P90X/P90X+ hybrid Interval X Plus"=Done!